It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: What's your job/vocation?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Lol... I used to be an executive producer. I help people, and companies, acquire resources to complete short and long term tasks. Simply stated: I'm a business matchmaker. I also raise money for a children's hospital (I have a child who has a 'special need').

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Our personal information is slightly being collected!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I work in a small body shop as a collision repair technician and painter, and I also am co-owner of a separate auto restoration business. Unrelated to automotive work, but I just got an invitation last night to be a computer repair tech but I have enough on my plate as it is right now. (I'm also building my own house... so... carpenter? lol)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold
Hi all.

I've seen threads about photos of ATS members, joke pictures, and which ATS member has a crush on which other ATS member. I've done a search (and a thread may exist) but I didn't find one, so;

What is your job/vocation?

I myself work as a teacher. I've taught in a variety of areas, but at the moment I am working as an ESL teacher.

You?

Possibly some of you may have a classified/top secret job. Either you could lie, or you could simply say something like 'classified'

Maybe a thread in which 'one liners' will be allowed.

I'm also a teacher. I teach Math and Science in high school.

For the last several years, it's been Geometry and Physics.

Harte

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm a web developer, programmer, graphic artist, musician, small business owner, husband and father. In the opposite order

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Author by night, software QA engineer by day.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold Im a leader, at least that is what my job title states. But some days I wonder who is ruling the roost.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
i am a couch potato and bloody good at it

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Am I doing this right?

Doing this from my mobile.

I work for the Nielsen company.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Haha awesome! I started with the Albany NY and NYHC scenes in the early 90s. Sheer Terror, Cro-Mags, Merauder, Warzone, All Out War, Killing Time... Then there were the Albany/Troy bands. One King Down, Section 8, Stigmata (Brain Damage), Straight Jacket, Wartime Manner, Politics of Contraband, Last Call (played drums for them for a brief stint), Dying Breed. I'm almost positive I saw all 3 you mentioned at the height of the Albany scene. Most of them had opening acts from Boston which is where I learned of Blood For Blood (I think it was a Straight Jacket show with Slapshot and BFB). Then I moved to Boston hardcore. Instantly.

Everything here then went weird then and it all turned to Death Metal (not much of a fan) but we spawned some well known acts out of there. Skinless (I remember their first show, it was effing hilarious), Mucopus, Disciples of Berkowitz...

Then was the "metalcore" explosion and all I'm left with to remember how and where I grew up, the soundtrack to my life from ages 12-25, are a bunch of scuffed and screwed up CDs.

There are VERY few bands that have come out in the past decade that I like. Wisdom in Chains out of PA are amazing. Bulldog Courage out of Troy NY were great but now dissolved. So when a friend whose projects gain a huge audience usually based on name recognition alone offered me a job as touring drummer, I jumped at it. Making the last few mobile years count

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I own an IT company specializing in medical/clinical hardware and software.
We are on our 10th year so my business model must not be so bad...
By far the best part of running your own show is the ability to walk away when acts of utter stupidity are presented as something that can be fixed.

Example:
Problem: "I keep trying to send this fax and the number is always busy, something is wrong with it"!
Solution: "Quit trying to send a fax to yourself"... *sigh* _walks away_

_Ak

edit on 24-5-2014 by AkHolic because: bad smiley choice...

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
< ? php echo " Web Developer"; ?>

edit on 24-5-2014 by Romuloxreturns because: WHOA

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I currently am a stay at home dad while I sort out my drivers license(bout 30 more days). My fiance(journeyman electrician) and I have just applied for financial aid to start school in the fall. We will both be working for a bs in electrical engineering. I plan on pulling a hvac cert this year as well if I can pull it off. Hopefully she and I can pull bids and work for ourselves while we go to school. Long term goal is to struggle until we graduate then just follow the money for a while.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Mechanical Engineer.

Managing an ice plant, like an ice manufacturing facility [got tube, cube, crushed, blocks, shaved, etc.]. Refrigeration's the specialty of course, but I dabble with electrical, plant mechanic stuff and what not. Very technical - yes, but I'm pretty bored with ICE. I mean, I'm not ice man.

So for those with ideas on wherever in this planet I could use my thermodynamic powers, PM me pls. Am not afraid of going international. I'm going overseas for example, to the US, to South Korea, then Qatar. Heard there's a lot of freezin' and thawing and heating going on everywhere. I'm checking in on friends who are into other ME stuff like Static and Dynamic Physics (more like ship building), but I'm sticking to thermodynamics (it's the ice that bores me, not the rest).

Bye now.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Magnivea
Haha awesome! I started with the Albany NY and NYHC scenes in the early 90s. Sheer Terror, Cro-Mags, Merauder, Warzone, All Out War, Killing Time... Then there were the Albany/Troy bands. One King Down, Section 8, Stigmata (Brain Damage), Straight Jacket, Wartime Manner, Politics of Contraband, Last Call (played drums for them for a brief stint), Dying Breed. I'm almost positive I saw all 3 you mentioned at the height of the Albany scene. Most of them had opening acts from Boston which is where I learned of Blood For Blood (I think it was a Straight Jacket show with Slapshot and BFB). Then I moved to Boston hardcore. Instantly.

Freaking awesome..

Late 80s and early 90s for me and I got to see a lot of bands between Philly, DC and NYC..Going to Unisound, Middlesex County College, City Gardens..

Nothing better than going to shows at Middlesex County College. I can watch some of the Mouthpiece shows from there and have been able to find myself in a few of the clips.
Lets see..Resurrection, Shelter, 4 Walls Falling, Endpoint (rob and his stupid warm up routine). The Jordan's and their different bands..Flagman, Shadow Season (Jay from turning point).. All of the New Age Records bands ..Outspoken, Chain of Strength. Integrity , early Strife , Slapshot.

Of course the NYC bands..Supertouch (still listen to them),Quicksand, Judge, SOIA, Killing Time, Sheer Terror, Vision.Every so often I will look up the Superbowl of Hardcore from NYC in the early 90s on Youtube and their is a funny scene in that where I am crowd surfing .

I moved out of that style into more metal+ambient with Opeth, Emperor, Novembers Doom, Dead Can Dance, Black Tape for a Blue Girl consuming a lot of my listening energy over the past few decades..Still I often listen to Turning Point, Mouthpiece and Supertouch then usually smile about that part of my life.
edit on 24-5-2014 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
US Army UH60M Blackhawk mechanic and crewchief/doorgunner.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Im a professional Trololololol

And i also work a call center job in customer service. Ha.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I have two jobs. I'm an International Tour Director and a writer. I tour about eight times a year to various spots in the world. As a writer, I write scripts for television shows that air on the History Channel. I also write magazine articles, books and for personal clients. I'm also a weekly columnist for a newspaper.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Magnivea

Wow. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Chronic Progressive? I've done a lot of writing about this disease and I know a lot of really proactive people who have gotten their MS under control by staying true to some basic principles in their diets and a few other things. PM me if you want more info.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

I'm a Theoretical Thaumaturge.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join