It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: What's your job/vocation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logos23
I have done many things over the years but it's generally been a case of whatever I can get to pay the bills including sales and working for a construction magazine. For some reason everything I get great satisfaction from as been voluntary work like working with the homeless etc. I don't know why I haven't pushed harder to merge the things I get satisfaction from with paid employment????

I have been a carer for one of my daughters for the last 5/6 years and I can honestly say it has been the most challenging and hardest thing I have done. Nothing about being a parent beforehand prepared me for looking after a desperately ill child long term.
But I have no doubt I will be able to turn these experiences into something positive helping other families at some point.....so yeah, probably some more voluntary work on the horizon

Me and my friends run a pretty mean homeless veterans awareness campaign in Lebanon PA you should check it out!!!

edit on 20-5-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I’m a software packaging and deployment engineer. In short, I manipulate or build software to work within our corporate environment. I then deploy it to about 30,000 machines internationally (not by myself).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Taxi cab dispatcher. I sit and wait for the phone to ring which means I have tons of down time and get to do things I enjoy such as reading, writing and hanging out on ATS all day. Not a bad gig.

edit on 20-5-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: misscurious
I am a psychotherapist, working with people from all walks of life.. am also a qualified hypnotherapist.

Hello my friend! Nice to meet you!
I'm a psychotherapist too, working with trauma and sexual abuse. Children mostly, but grown ups are welcome too.

This is a fascinating thread, OP, S&F

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Semi-retired accountant.

Am now just a self-employed business consultant... Basically helping the starving mom and pop operations out there trying to eke out a living in this ever-so-lovely economy we've got going on.

I gladly accept a case of beer and a pound of bacon as renumeration for my sage advice.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Veterinarian

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I am currently working with young adults who have aspergers while completing my masters in Social Work. If one wants job security as well as the opportunity to make the world a better place then I definitely recommend one choose this field of work. Previously I have worked in a factory making night vision panels that mount on jeeps, conducting market research via phone and presentation, and I also ran my own eBay business drop shipping home decor and selling anything that I could make money on. I would like to refer to this as cyber hustling, but it only lasted 4 years because PayPal decided to make it where the seller is easier to rip off.

I only have around 20 percent of my eyesight left so it has always been really difficult to find a job that is accessible to me, but I think Social Work is quite accessible in terms of me being low vision. BTW, despite many’s beliefs Social Work can be a lot more than working in child services or at the well-fare office.

Hats off to any of you guys/girls who have the ability to code well. I am now 32 years old and have been hacking computers since the Apple 2e and I still have a hard time being efficient in a computer language, and am still wondering whether roofing or computer programming is worse on the back. Great thread fun to see all my fellow ats member’s occupations and aspirations.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

Me and my friends run a pretty mean homeless veterans awareness campaign in Lebanon PA you should check it out!!!

Well it's a little far for me to venture
but I imagine it is very rewarding and worthwhile?
A lot of organisations and charities focus on trying to fix the physical problems without applying much of their resources to awareness. In my opinion, bringing awareness of plights and /or causes is very important as it is half of the battle!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Logos23

Here you go

Link 2

When you have the internet the world doesn't seem so large sometimes to explore =D I'm in quite a bit of the pictures bet you can't figure out which one I am lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Indeed the world isn't such a big place when one considers the internet

As far as figuring out which one is you....using my powers of deduction ( and taking into account your user name on here lol) I think I can hazard a good guess
lol

It looks like you all do some great work...respect to you all

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Yes we try to make a difference for our comrades in distress, working with the homeless is very mixed having a place to live and feel safe from the harshness of the world is a basic human need that is often neglected when it comes to the homeless. We do have resources we utilize to try and help non vet homeless individuals but unfortunatley we are bound to veterans as we are a veteran group. =D it is uplifting to see across the pond there are others that also care! TV doesn't make me look fat does it
jk

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

The reasons for homelessness are varied and far reaching....often it takes a particular kind of help for the different target area's. I see nothing wrong with individual homeless organizations using the experience they have in particular areas to best use their skills in helping people.

originally posted by: Brotherman
TV doesn't make me look fat does it
jk

Well I've heard that tv puts 10 pounds on you...but I don't think it is anything you need to worry about
lol

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I was worried for a minute I was a chubby honey badger lol

We have been operating for 3 going onto the 4th year of our campaign last year we raised more then $18,000 bumming change being homeless and brought awareness to national news and almost every news agency in our area. I was so tired of reporters and news Billy and I were shot to hell after the campaign wrapped up. What kind of groups do you work with maybe we can info share, does your royal marines and military have similar trends following Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom? I have served with some of your best including your SAS, Royal Marines, and varied divisions of your general Infantry and can't imagine things are so much different in the United Kingdom.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Retired. Prior to that, I worked at Burger King.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
My main profession is that I'm a software engineer - Made my first website in html at the start of 6th grade, and while everyone was writing "Hello World" applications in 9th grade, I was working with the Win32 API (yeah, I made a GUI in C++ that said "Hello World"). Now, I deal mostly with the web (learned C# recently), and picked up some database skills along the way. And a little ethical hacking here and there

-fossilera

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Retired.

Owned a few companies before retiring. Telecom & Contact centers...

~tenth
edit on 5/21/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

effin old ppl hmph

(i am just kidding, farking old guy =P)

love ya 10th

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I work construction and build mansions I will never be able to live in. Decent blue collar living.
edit on 21-5-2014 by MiguelTheMagician because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MiguelTheMagician

Phuck the mansion you built it, you know the work involved in maintaining can you imagine to old lady bitching about a leaky pipe :O holy hell you don't need it your better off as a bob villa you don't that kind of non action bedroom as pipes leak on the damn make up cabinet, the hell with mansions they are effin banned BANNED

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

I gladly accept a case of beer and a pound of bacon as renumeration for my sage advice.

That freakin awesomely Canadian.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join