It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: What's your job/vocation?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I used to work with middle school kids with disabilities and behavior issues.

Now I act a little bit.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Mine is perfect for ATS. Psychiatry.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Darth_Prime

I would LOVE to see one of your vids.

Drag Queens Rock

I'd lend you my sparkly clothes anytime...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

Full-Time NEWS-n-INFO Collector. ... ( with an I.T. Background ).

WARNING: This position requires In-House Psycho-Therapy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Currently: 911 local/county Dispatcher, very interesting and rewarding work, and sometimes extremely stressful.

Past: 11 years US Navy Submariner electronics technician, focus on communications and network security vulnerability testing.
edit on 20-5-2014 by AprilFooseball because: to clarify...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
For the past several years I'm a Machinist and Mechanic. I also own my own spa and beauty line.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: finitydream
For the past several years I'm a Machinist and Mechanic. I also own my own spa and beauty line.

Very interesting lines of work! Like flip sides of the same coin..so to speak!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

Submarine?, Electronics Technician?, Commnunications?, Network Security?

WELL

THIS STORY ... is for YOU:

The NSA Is Recording Every Cell Phone Call in the Bahamas

-
CURIOUS: Why would this be ... Released to the Public ???

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Wow. Everyone here seems to have some awesome/interesting jobs!

Before I was a stay at home mom I still didn't have awesome jobs like these. I guess I have always been stuck in mediocrity. It's pretty great to see so much talent and versatility here at ATS.

It does take all kinds.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Smoke screen. The Bahamas is a excellent testing grounds for this tech, without the the threat of WWIII. You can be sure this technology will or is being used in other countries of interest, I have been been out of the loop for nearly three years though things change very quickly in the SIGINT community.

Just my opinion/speculation on the subject.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: AprilFooseball
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Smoke screen. The Bahamas is a excellent testing grounds for this tech, without the the threat of WWIII. You can be sure this technology will or is being used in other countries of interest, I have been been out of the loop for nearly three years though things change very quickly in the SIGINT community.

Just my opinion/speculation on the subject.

Thanks! While reading it, I too had the suspicion that it COULD BE a ... "Test Bed Project".

COOL ... and ... WELCOME TO ATS !!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Wow. Everyone here seems to have some awesome/interesting jobs!

Before I was a stay at home mom I still didn't have awesome jobs like these. I guess I have always been stuck in mediocrity. It's pretty great to see so much talent and versatility here at ATS.

It does take all kinds.

HA! I've worked A LOT of crappy jobs. Fast food, trades jobs like drywall, painting, etc, Wal-mart, Worked as a graphic designer for awhile for a small newspaper, worked at a couple of different sign shops making decals and installing them, creating signs, etc.

I didn't really get to my career choice until my mid 20's, and even then after I had been in it for almost 5 years I took a break and some time to re-evaluate if I wanted to stay in that particular industry or refocus to a different one where some of my skills would still be applicable. I still don't even know if it's what I'm "meant to do", but I have a passion for it and I enjoy it, so I go with it and try to stay relevant in my chosen field.

If a person has a dream and laser precision focus, with a good work ethic and a never say die attitude, they can get into any profession they want with enough hard work and perseverance. Personally, I don't know many people who haven't worked at least one crappy job. Hell, one of my childhood friends is a pro-wrestler who is doing pretty well for himself right now, and him and I both worked at Wendy's when we were 15 LOL
edit on 20-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I'm a utility services contractor. I conduct various inspections on utility poles like checking for rot and making sure everything is safely installed. I also work on data collection projects for Google Fiber, and I'm an aspiring web developer.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Kanga dearest. I state this with total truth.

There is nothing about you that is mediocre. Far from it.

Des

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Kanga dearest. I state this with total truth.

There is nothing about you that is mediocre. Far from it.

Des

Agreed Des!

The "stay at home moms'" are anything but "mediocre", they are the cornerstones of our society. In their essence heroes to the continuation of our community. I salute you Kanga.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Industrial Maintenance with an Associate's degree in Industrial Electronics Technologies.

I fix machines that break down at an automobile manufacturing company. I troubleshoot electronic and mechanical systems. I also do preventive maintenance to prolong the life of mechanical and electrical equipment to minimize down time for the plant. But, when things are running good, I watch youtube videos, read and post topics on ATS, and other news sources.
edit on 20-5-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Lots of different professions including a few I've done in the past.

I have worked as a roadie, theatre technician, venues coordinator, taught mainstream high schools, and also worked with students with learning disabilities.

Interesting cross section of society.
Darth Prime - are you really a drag queen, as in paid to do this?

Just waiting for the top secret Area 51 UFO mechanics to announce themselves now!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Physician / surgeon trained in both western medicine and TCM ( traditional chinese medicine ) .. now semi-retired after 40+ years of putting people back together in war zones and disaster areas where most wouldnt set foot in ..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Library haunter/aquarium shop clerk/nursing student/histology technician/autopsy assistant/medical office staff/neurology/orthopedic department head secretary/pediatric office phone triage-r/medical transcriptionist/replaced by a million dollar computer program-early retire-ist/back to library haunter only now on the internet, the world's best library/puzzle-putter-together/9-11 researcher/outraged rabble rouser/federal government overthrower-in-waiting/soon to be ex-pat because this country is rapidly going to hell in a handbasket in a way that only students of history can appreciate...I no longer work because I refuse to give this country one more penny of tax monies or one more ounce of my cooperation, even silently.

Thanks for asking.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I own a business with two partners that provides survival training to British, Canadian, American, Australian, NZ and French troops. We also train smaller groups from other countries from Western Asia and South East Europe.

Elite training for British, Canadian and American units. SBS, SAS, JTF2, US Navy primarily - and others that fall under SOCOM. We have also trained and have received experience from Alpha Group. That relationship is troublesome and inconsistent for political reasons.

The terrain north of the 60th parallel and in the Province of Alberta are ideal for the type of training we provide. Far away from population centres we are left alone and don't have to deal with questions from the public or journalists.

We deal with the unavoidable consequences of armed conflict and answer to no one. Some people have a problem with this, but they usually get tired and move onto the latest international "outrage"

ps: As well, I draft commercial property leases for Pension Funds, Life Assurance Companies and REITS. For me, it is fun and relaxing, for you it is likely boring and makes me a monster.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Leonidas because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join