It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Members: What's your job/vocation?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: cuckooold

I'm 36 and at the moment I'm an engineer for Vodafone but when I look at the long (long) list of employers I had I guess you could say that my real quality is being a pain in the a**.

I've had about 15 jobs that always start out pretty good but after 1 to 2 years I get really bored. Every boss I had has always been happy with my work and I've have never been fired in my life. I have no real area of interest but I pick up thinks pretty quick.

I wish I knew what I wanted to be...

Maybe I'll just go back to plan A and become a fireman, policeman or astronaut.

Peace

Almost identical here.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
It's been a while since this thread has had anybody comment in it. I'm not usually one for bumping my own threads, but in this case, I am interested in the vocation of ATS members, and a lot of people have joined since September 2014.

I am still working teaching, but am considering looking for new work, no doubt in education, as it is what I am trained for, enjoy, and can earn a decent income doing.

So ATS members, what is your job/vocation?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Exotic dancer.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I am thinking about quitting my day job and moving into full time working artist and student. I love doing what I do now but it just isn't enough or working out for me very well. I love welding and fabricating metal into things that work. I am 30 and having a hard time with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrikeyMagnet
I test software. Put differently, I break things. Put more correctly, I find ways in which software does not work the way it is intended to, so that others can close the gap between expectation and reality. Then I happy-dance.

I suppose this is still pretty much true. I really should draw a clearer distinction between "software testing" and "Software Quality Assurance"... but "testing" allows me to break it down to a pithy catch-phrase ("I break things!"). The truth is, as a Software Quality Assurance Lead, I am considerably more proactive than just breaking things that actually exist. I break things before we build them, so that we won't make those mistakes. I make recommendations on processes and tools which will ultimately ensure the success and acceptance of software, while remaining reasonably cost-effective. I become the in-house expert on whatever software we are working on at the time, and guide efforts to integrate a huge number of requirements into a core set of functions that are understandable, implementable, and ultimately usable by real people. This often requires fixing the company culture so that it allows such things to happen. I do not code, because my brain isn't wired that way... but when I'm doing my job, the project team will look like a collection of rock stars.

Also, even though it's the second year of belt-tightening, I work for a company that still exists. So... that's something.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm glad another poster mentioned the "off topic" button on ATS yesterday...or maybe it was the day before...regardless, I have found some interesting threads!

My "title" is Staff Development Coordinator...
I'm also an American Heart Association Instructor.
I do medical billing and coding for the same company.

Completely opposite of what I spent years doing in the past, that I LOVED ( I DO love what I do now AND believe I am making a "difference" it is just DIFFERENT ), and that was resort management.

As Dad used to say...
"Jack of all trades, master of none!"

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
SAG/AFTRA actor, filmmaker, producer, screenwriter

www.sagaftra.org...

Since my last post, I am now a proud member of IATSE.

iatse.net...

Union proud, Union Strong....
edit on 21-1-2016 by olaru12 because: %&JKR

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I was just recently as of yesterday accepted into SCAD in Savannah Ga for sequential art maybe Ill be seeing you around if I decide to go.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I sit behind a desk and crush souls.

(No, I'm not in HR)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

I was just recently as of yesterday accepted into SCAD in Savannah Ga for sequential art maybe Ill be seeing you around if I decide to go.

Congratulations!!! SCAD is wonderful!!! I worked on a Student production with people from SCAD here in NM. Great people with energy and professionalism even though just students.

edit on 21-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

First step into story boarding and gaming, Ill always do comic books anyways. It is farking expensive though!!!

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   

First step into story boarding and gaming, Ill always do comic books anyways. It is farking expensive though!!!

Story board artist are in constant demand and can lead to many other jobs in the production art dept. I know very expensive...still, I want to encourage you to go if you can!!!
edit on 21-1-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I sent them some of my work and they put something together for me really. I have almost a year left on my GI Bill and I have opportunity to get all kinds of grants and scholarships if I compete for them. The downside is, I wont be welding and fabricating for a while if I go through with it.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Basically, I'm a Software Implementation Manager.
My wife is in a Senior Payroll position.

We work in the city, but drive home to our ranch.

But, on the side, I:

Board horses (i.e. people pay me a monthly fee to keep their horse in my stables/pastures) - self board, so they feed, care for their own horse.

Have a tack shop (sell horse equipment, like saddles, bridles, etc.), but, we're slowly transitioning out of this, converting the shop (at our house) to become a crop room (where she'd host scrapbooking events there, for about 12 people at a time)

Sometimes do custom cakes (think like Cake Boss, just smaller in scale)
Sometimes do wall murals (for like kids bedrooms, etc.)
Sometimes do photo-realistic pencil portraits by commission (mostly for friends and family as a special gift, but sometimes for money).

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I said **** it, I sent my application into SCAD. Lets see what happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Crocodile Castrations, Banana Bender, Home Schooling 'till their two - then thy be learnin' huntin' skilz.

Third World Uprisings Quelled.

Also do a decent BBQ !!

Ed ... Politician School ( not for the light in wallet ) but - Highly recommended !!
edit on 22-1-2016 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

But Wait !

There's More !!

YES ! Sign up now and recieve ... not ONE but Three ! yes three of your very own NOSTRIL hair removers ...

Absoulely free !! Yes free ... !

One for each of your personal pick holes ... and ONE for a friend !

Think of the savings on birthdays and that - ' hard to buy for ' relative at Christmas ?

They will love you for that whatsit ! What was it ?

You'll love it ! ...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I... *shifty eyes*... work in Retail.
Ideally I would love to be an author, but my writing is terrible, doesn't mean I don't stop doing it though
practice practice practice! I live happily knowing that whatever I write will be better than that Twilight drivel and knowing that I have more descriptives up my sleeve than using the word "sparkle" every 2 minutes.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I am self employed at Selling dreams

Buisness is booming and i like the night shift

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I said **** it, I sent my application into SCAD. Lets see what happens.

Fantastic...even if you don't get accepted, try another media tech program somewhere else.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join