It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today: Russia and Chinese, a Joint Warning to the West!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
What a big day in tensions. By now everybody is aware of Ukraine ( US, EU, N.A.T.O) Russian tensions and the very recent tensions and events happening right now between Vietnam and China.Also today, the US charges 5 members of the Chinese military of cyber theft and cyber attacks. Today Putin Visits China for historic trade and gas pipeline deal, worth 20 billion.Rumor has it is to be in their own currenies as they intend to decouple from the US-Petro dollar at the signing.

AND NOW THIS ..................... www.presstv.ir...

I was aware of a joint Navel Drill pending, but on the same day as Putin arrives in China for this historic deal? I Believe there is a strong warning here for the Western Powers.

If someone could embed video for others, that would be great.Thank you.Please let this not turn into an opinion piece.Stick to facts and updates.

PS my thread, my title.

edit on 19-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2014 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 13th Zodiac
Please let this not turn into an opinion piece.Stick to facts and updates.

Then why are you using press TV?

As per the 'Story"

How is this any different than the old Cold War between Red China under Mao and the USSR versus the US/West?

The only real difference then is that the USSR was much larger and stronger.

Must be an age thing.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Where's the "joint warning to the west" as the title states? I didn't see it in the article, just that there will be a joint drill on the 20th. Drills happen all the time between countries. Anyway, just wondering, seems a little sensationalist to me.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i don't get how doing drills can be a warning?

Is it essentially like chimps hitting the ground?

(post by 13th Zodiac removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Maybe it is just them saying that they are not going to let the west run the rest of the world anymore. And that might not be a bad thing.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

I am sure CNN, FOX are more reliable.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter
a reply to: SLAYER69

I am sure CNN, FOX are more reliable.

No, they suck as well just like RT and press TV.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
i don't get how doing drills can be a warning?

Is it essentially like chimps hitting the ground?

You've seen the lady that got mauled by the chimp? If chimps give any warning, it's probably best to take heed.

Drills happen all the time, I'm not sure what is supposed to make this one more of a warning than any other.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Indeed.Unless my blurry eyes misread the article,these drills have been taking place since 2005.Is"The Message"see we will have a lil navy drill like the past 8 years?OK...
Also when will presstv be dismissed as a source of any credibility here?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

Its actually really normal. Most countries hold joint military training exercises and war games.

Short of actual combat like the US is afforded by its position and responsibilities, its the only way of keeping a ready and reliable force.

I would think this is only news to those who want to look further into it than what it is. Its just training. We have had war games with the Russian federation not to long ago.

I see no mention of a "warning to the west" in the link.

We could read more into it and speculate as to a "message being sent" but then again one could say such wishful thinking would be as baseless as the claims that people make when reading into Iran´s actions as a nation. We would be called out for trying to pick a fight where there is none.

Ultimately I see this as no provocation. They want to have a ready and reliable defence force. I think its normal. The US has one and I am happy we do. They are welcome to have their own.

Nationalists would feel threatened by the strength of other nations or feel the need to threaten other nations whom they see as being strong. Patriots are not threatened by the show of another nations patriotism or strength. They are as happy to have strong allies as we are to have strong allies. Its no skin of either ones back. We are all "strong and awesome". Great. La-di-da.

In the end looking to "put down" the US or the west in any way is really very similar to nationalist sentiments. A patriot feel at home in another patriotic nation. They understand the love and respect it. A nationalist feels he is behind enemy lines in a similar situation.

Let them have their little training war games. It will make them feel more secure and less threatened by our forces. That makes for a less reactionary responses in diplomacy.

edit on 5 19 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well if this turns out to be true we are in trouble.
Russia and China will end up tarring us a new one.
But you can bet that no matter how much hurt they
put on us.You can bet if we are down to the last person
alive, That last one being drug though the mud,bloody,beaten
With one eye hanging from the socket.That one last American
will still stand and spit on Russia and China.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know who else China is holding naval drils with? The US. China is participating in Pacfic Rim this year US China military coordination And the US and Russia were also holding joint exercise right up until the were cancled by the mess in Crimea. So you know what joint exercses mean? Nothing. However, what you should be watching is the dust up between China and Russia's client Vietnam. Now that could get interesting.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grayghost

Russia and China together could not defeat the US, alone, without our allies. In 20 years things could change. The US has waited far too long to bring China to task for it's misdeeds.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   

There's definitely a lot of action, I will give you that. But warfare these days has a lot of stages before actual classical military conflict, so what's being fought is a smart-conflict, a sort of pre-war. That's what all the action is about.

Look at the Chinese conflict with Vietnam. If that heated up, what would the US do? Send troops into Vietnam to fight a proxy war with China? Yeah, been there, done that. Didn't work out well. The political will of the people of the US to have a repeat of the Vietnam war is low, and this is known by all. So that shapes the proverbial terrain of the conflict. That informs the Vietnamese leader to clamp down on crazy protests as they've wisely done. Its about smarts these days, its about brains and global opinion.

The stance taken against Chinese IP theft by the administration was bold, and it asserts a certain world view. I stand with it in that I believe all those who research to advance humanity should have right to the fruits of their labor, but the challenges go beyond foreign spies, the very same spying is happening in the US. What's needed is reform of patent concepts at a fundamental level to attempt to make sure research is always rewarded, and the collective knowledge of mankind keeps growing. But that in some ways is still a tall order, there is much work to be done.

Also, a note: Iranian news sources are worth considering for events happening within or close to Iran, but choosing news sources from Iran or North Korea to relay news available from numerous western sources is unnecessary, and risks painting people who visit this site as somehow dependent on those sources, when they are in most cases totally free thinking individuals, patriots to their own countries who do not define their world views based on any single foreign news source.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: tridentblue

Out of curiosity, what do you think this means as when xinhuanet keeps saying Putin will be attending the fourth summit of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asiafor two days?

What could they teach Putin about acting confident?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Cold War mark 2 eh?

Same crap, different decade!

And the beat goes on!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: grayghost

Russia and China together could not defeat the US, alone, without our allies. In 20 years things could change. The US has waited far too long to bring China to task for it's misdeeds.

I would not be so up set about it, If this current administration wasn't such a joke.
We do not have a chance with Obama.We the USA have turned out to be the laughing stock
of the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join