It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thailand's army declares martial law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hongkongphooey

On what assumption? Is this getting personal? Because I'm pretty sure that's not what this thread or forum is for.

I stand by my statements about the Thai monarch and his family.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gusdynamite

On what assumption? Is this getting personal? Because I'm pretty sure that's not what this thread or forum is for.

It still does not make you right but it does make it your opinion (only).

BTW, just out of interest are you the Australian who was kicked out of Thailand for getting involved in the Red Shirts rallies, making speeches on stage???

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hongkongphooey

BTW, just out of interest are you the Australian who was kicked out of Thailand for getting involved in the Red Shirts rallies, making speeches on stage???

Ok, now you're just getting stupid. There are about 24 million Australians living in Australia and you think I'm this one particular guy who got kicked out of Thailand? What the absolute fk is wrong in your head, mate?

Of course my opinion doesn't make me right, but it doesn't make me wrong, either.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Ok, now you're just getting stupid. There are about 24 million Australians living in Australia and you think I'm this one particular guy who got kicked out of Thailand? What the absolute fk is wrong in your head, mate?

Of course my opinion doesn't make me right, but it doesn't make me wrong, either.

Why are you getting so touchy? The only reason I ask was because their can't be too many Australians with your attitude towards the King!

Also, it is not your disrespectful opinion that counts, is it? It's the opinion of the Thai people and the majority love him!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Why are you getting so touchy? The only reason I ask was because their can't be too many Australians with your attitude towards the King!

Also, it is not your disrespectful opinion that counts, is it? It's the opinion of the Thai people and the majority love him!

Well if the Thai people love him, that's all that matters! Of course, they can be as stupid as they please while he watches his country fall into ruin.

As for my opinion being disrespectful, the man is a king - I'm sure he will get over it. If he finds it difficult, all that lovely money and luxury will surely help him recover.

If you think I am in the minority in my opinion of the Thai monarchy, I have no idea because most people usually wouldn't give a single fk.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You have not heard anything from the other ASEAN countries, save for Vietnam and the Philippines, even though the Chinese have claimed all of the islands surrounding them also, why? Because they're all under the Chinese's control.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I live here too ... he doesnt walk away because it is part of the NWO - he is CIA trained, and his fortune came from CIA monopolistic tricks.

The failure of the rice payments is laughable - he could afford to pay this out, but he is too stupid to realize that by paying he would win all the support he ever needed - but he is too greedy, he doesnt want to use a single baht of his own - so he destroys himself.

The entrenched Thai oligarchs (old guard) are going to destroy the NWO from here on - I cannot see them regaining control of the media, or of the farmers.

Thaksins greed has destroyed the NWO agenda in Thailand - so all is well in this part of the world. I much prefer a military govt that is controlled by actual Thai's - than a 'democracy' run by the NWO.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I never said he wasn't beloved - I said he was useless.

Edit: Yes, he is a leech as bad as any of them - especially if he needs laws to protect him from people being mean. Poor diddums. As for those awful daughters, that's another story.

Don't assume you know what someone else does or doesn't know just because you don't like what it is they have to say.

The king doesnt have any political power - he is hostage to elements that use the monarchy as a symbol - his life is at risk for opening his mouth.

It seems his son is aligned with some of the evil powers, and willing to play along - most Thai's are concerned what may happen when this king passes - with good reason. The current king has been a stabilizing influence - but the royalty has been hi-jacked over the last decade - not much the king can do at this juncture I think.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Maybe he just does not like the concept of "KING "

"the male ruler of an independent state, especially one who inherits the position by right of birth."
or
"the doctrine that the right of rule derives directly from God, not from the consent of the people. Also called divine right."

if so then that would make the person's phylosiphia,
"communist/aetheist"

Current reingning Monarchs,, no particular order.

1. Bhumibol Adulyadej Thailand
2. Elizabeth II Commonwealth realms
3. Abdul Halim Kedah (Malaysia)
4. Sikiru Kayode Adetona Ijebuland (Nigeria)
5. Hassanal Bolkiah Brunei
6. Goodwill Zwelithini kaBhekuzulu Zulu people (South Africa)
7. Qaboos bin Said al Said Oman
8. Margrethe II Denmark
9. Sultan bin Mohamed Al-Qassimi III Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
10. Carl XVI Gustaf Sweden
11. Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi Fujairah (United Arab Emirates)
12. Juan Carlos I Spain
13. Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi Ajman (United Arab Emirates)
14. Mswati III Swaziland
15. Akihito Japan
16. Hamengkubuwana X Yogyakarta (Indonesia)
17. Hans-Adam II Liechtenstein
18. Letsie III Lesotho

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

You're damn right I don't like the concept of king, or monarchy. These so called 'princes' are nothing but inbred thieves - the lot of them.

They're also obviously completely useless, too and I't be good to see the Thai monarchy disappear in one of these civil or military actions.

One down.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Amagnon

Thank you, I totally agree and stated similar by showing Thaksin's links with the Neo Cons and Carlyle Group. The NWO controlled media try to portray this as rich versus poor however, it is more like the educated versus the easily manipulated uneducated poor led by a wealthy man and his cronies.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888

You have not heard anything from the other ASEAN countries, save for Vietnam and the Philippines, even though the Chinese have claimed all of the islands surrounding them also, why? Because they're all under the Chinese's control.

Heard anything about what? This is an internal problem in Thailand it has nothing to do with other ASEAN nations ho have their own problems and all would like to see stability in Thailand.

The Chinese have made claim to the Spratly Islands in the South China sea, which is also claimed by, lets see, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Taiwan and the Philippines because they stretch quite a distance and oil is suspected of being under the islands (the usual reason).

China does not control all the other ASEAN countries, you are very misinformed! Even Cambodia today has more influence from Taiwan and Malaysia. Singapore is very strong and is certainly not controlled by China, neither is Indonesia or Malaysia who are both Muslim states. Thailand is not controlled by China however, Thaksin is very pro China because you can see the Yuan signs lighting up his eyes! Taiwan is Chinese controlled because it is effectively a Chinese state, just not a Communist one. Hong Kong SARS whilst now under Beijing control is still effective run separately, Macau same, same. So what does that leave you? Myanmar and Laos perhaps??? Chinese influence is different from control!

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

a reply to: BobAthome

You're damn right I don't like the concept of king, or monarchy. These so called 'princes' are nothing but inbred thieves - the lot of them.

They're also obviously completely useless, too and I't be good to see the Thai monarchy disappear in one of these civil or military actions.

One down.

And yet this King is not typical of the European Monarchy is it? Your hatred for this King is misplaced and really has nothing to do with you, if you want to work to remove the Australian allegiance to the British Monarchy that is your right but the majority of Thai people feel differently.

I don't disagree that one family should be held above others in general, different countries are at different developments, so whilst I do not think the removal of the royal family in my own country the UK would cause much problem, the situation in my adopted country Thailand is very different and it would be very destabilising.

I would be very worried about what would replace the Monarchy? In Russia they replaced their Royal family with communism which led to mass murder, in Cambodia - the same! Thaksin want's to change the monarchy for a presidency which he intends to lead and make him even more powerful. He has already had thousands killed during his term as PM using a drug war to rid himself of political opponents and his enemies, if he succeed's he will destroy the country that so many people love because it is so Thai.

Why must foreigners try to change other countries to what we want them to be? Thailand is a much loved country because it is different! Replacing a King with a President which suits the USA to make it in their (so called) democratic image would be wrong! A country not run for the people by the people but a country that is for the corporations and run by the elite!

As someone who has lived in Thailand for almost 30 years, who speaks Thai and counts many Thai people as friends and family, I can honestly tell you that when Thaksin became PM the country changed for the worse! The country used to be known for its Sabai (Peaceful), Yim (Smile), Mai Pen Rai (Never Mind) and Sanuk (Fun) attitudes, all that has now gone and one man is responsible for a country that now longer finds itself at peace, rarely do you see the Thai's smile any more but never mind because they have pressure and greed to replace these national traits now!

Thaksin is not for the poor people he is for himself! This is still the man that opened Baht 100,000 + (US$3,000 +) bottles of wine in cabinet meetings, whilst the poor were still struggling! He is just using and manipulating uneducated people for his own needs!

But because, in your view, he will replace a kind, understanding and helpful wealthy man with a king's title, all that is good???

edit on 22/5/14 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You seem to really like this king. Great, but I am talking about the institution and how this man has wasted it. One word from him might have been enough!

Did the old fart bother? Nope. He might even be losing his old mind and that's to be expected, but he leaves a disastrous wake of spoiled, selfish family and a failed state.

If the people love him so much and he knows it, why did he not speak to his nation? Why, by the way, do you think I think Thaksin should replace the king? Why do you make unfounded assumptions?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

You seem to really like this king. Great, but I am talking about the institution and how this man has wasted it. One word from him might have been enough!

Did the old fart bother? Nope. He might even be losing his old mind and that's to be expected, but he leaves a disastrous wake of spoiled, selfish family and a failed state.

If the people love him so much and he knows it, why did he not speak to his nation? Why, by the way, do you think I think Thaksin should replace the king? Why do you make unfounded assumptions?

He is not a political leader and he has had a major stroke, which he has been recovering from for the past 2 years, if he gets involved he would be accused of interfering - he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! plus the fact that his speech has been affected by the stroke, but if it pleases you I am sure he will make an exception!

Then you can attack him for interfering because that is your agenda!!

edit on 22/5/14 by Hongkongphooey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   

He is not a political leader and he has had a major stroke, which he has been recovering from for the past 2 years, if he gets involved he would be accused of interfering - he is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't! plus the fact that his speech has been affected by the stroke, but if it pleases you I am sure he will make an exception!

Then you can attack him for interfering because that is your agenda!!

My "agenda"? Are you off medication that you ought to me on? What agenda?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: gusdynamite

Well you have admitted as much, perhaps you don't realise it? You stated with conviction that you want to see this institution removed, that you hate royal families blah, blah, blah.

However, you do not look at the man himself and see if he himself is good, bad or indifferent?

A king is not just a king, a good king is always preferable to a bad king! that is why when this monarch passes away the majority of Thai's want to see Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn become queen instead of her brother who is aligned with Thaksin!

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Oh, I see. So having an opinion is considered an 'agenda' by you. You seem very anti-Thaksin. Is that an agenda or just your opinion?

I am sure the man is a decent person - as decent as someone born like that can be.

As for when he dies, if the Thai people still want a constitutional monarchy, good for them. I think they have bigger fish to fry, but if they wish to waste their time, so be it.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Oh, I see. So having an opinion is considered an 'agenda' by you. You seem very anti-Thaksin. Is that an agenda or just your opinion?

I am sure the man is a decent person - as decent as someone born like that can be.

As for when he dies, if the Thai people still want a constitutional monarchy, good for them. I think they have bigger fish to fry, but if they wish to waste their time, so be it.

Yes I am anti Thaksin because as I have stated I have seen what he has done to the country by his greedy selfish deeds, they stand out compared to what the King has done for the country!

If I have an agenda it is to wake people up to the truth and deny ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join