It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lovers of Death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I submit to you that we all are lovers of death and that we find comfort in the consumption of the dead. I believe there is a way to avoid death of ourselves and others and still consume. I say that any form of sustainance that can be gathered without taking a life is the way. Honey,milk and eggs?

if you can think of other things that do not involve death then please add here. If you find flaw in my logic please explain. However please leave the whole GOD gave us free reign over animals argument aside because i'm starting from the basis of no death and that the verses were a test and not a license to kill.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Are you talking about a karma free diet? I was thinking of looking into that a few years back. But then I got sick and the only foods I can eat are those that aren't on it.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why do you think you get a free pass for honey, milk, and eggs? What is the purpose of honey and milk? Who are they intended for? You're stealing sustenance from them. What is an egg? You're eating an ovum. Indirectly, perhaps, but you are still killing. Making an artificial demarcation for your benefit does not change that.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That is just one way to look at it. These systems i mentioned can be harnessed without taking life. Perhaps there is something intended for us.
edit on 19-5-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan That is sort of what i'm thinking. I wonder if anyone here has had results?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

That is just one way to look at it. These systems i mentioned can be harnessed without taking life.

How, exactly?

Perhaps there is something intended for us.

What does this mean? Who is doing the intending? How would this be recognized?

And further, how does wanting to eat when one is hungry and will otherwise die if he does not do so mean we are "lovers" of death?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

That is just one way to look at it. These systems i mentioned can be harnessed without taking life.

How, exactly?

And further, how does wanting to eat when one is hungry and will otherwise die if he does not do so mean we are "lovers" of death?

On the contrary, some refer to it as the "circle of life".

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
never should i deny instinct. for seldomly is it wrong

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

if you can think of other things that do not involve death then please add here. If you find flaw in my logic please explain. However please leave the whole GOD gave us free reign over animals argument aside because i'm starting from the basis of no death and that the verses were a test and not a license to kill.

Any fruit that you do not eat the seed of falls into this category. i.e. apples' peaches etc. These fruit were designed by nature to be edible so that animals (us included) would take them away from the plant, eat the flesh and disperse the seed. It's a very clever way of moving your seed around actually.

Oh and btw some seeds survive the passage through the digestive tract too. This will sound totally gross, because it is, but on a farm we lived on we had this lovely sewerage lake full of human waste. It was filled with the contents of septic tanks. The farm owner had a side business emptying tanks and would dump the waste in 'pooh lake' Anywho, you will never guess what used to grow on the little 'turd islands' in this lake- only the biggest healthiest and most juicy tomatoes you have ever seen. They would sprout themselves as if by magic from the clumps of turd that made up the islands.

So yeah, you can eat more than you think without extinguishing life. Also, any plant that you pick leaves of i.e. parsley is not causing death. A lot if plants grow more vigorously when pruned a bit.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockoperawriter
never should i deny instinct. for seldomly is it wrong
however one should keep a close eye on addiction and the feelings we get from consumption. I think only true instinct would come from a child. Everything else is probaly tainted by repettion and curiosity.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

Any fruit that you do not eat the seed of falls into this category. i.e. apples' peaches etc. These fruit were designed by nature to be edible so that animals (us included) would take them away from the plant, eat the flesh and disperse the seed. It's a very clever way of moving your seed around actually.

Oh and btw some seeds survive the passage through the digestive tract too. This will sound totally gross, because it is, but on a farm we lived on we had this lovely sewerage lake full of human waste. It was filled with the contents of septic tanks. The farm owner had a side business emptying tanks and would dump the waste in 'pooh lake' Anywho, you will never guess what used to grow on the little 'turd islands' in this lake- only the biggest healthiest and most juicy tomatoes you have ever seen. They would sprout themselves as if by magic from the clumps of turd that made up the islands.

So yeah, you can eat more than you think without extinguishing life. Also, any plant that you pick leaves of i.e. parsley is not causing death. A lot if plants grow more vigorously when pruned a bit.

So it could be said that those tomatoes contain the life force of others. Afterall when treated properly waste becomes void of spirits over time and would have no value to the plant if used up.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

originally posted by: schuyler

How, exactly?

On the contrary, some refer to it as the "circle of life".
the majority of our eating is done not out of necissity but want. Perhaps there is another way to survive that has been hidden.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

the majority of our eating is done not out of necissity but want. Perhaps there is another way to survive that has been hidden.

A couple of thoughts:

Sounds like being a "fruitarian" would fit your bill. Some eat only things that have fallen from the tree/plant. There are variations, some of which include seeds/nuts, others don't.

In my case, I only eat when I HAVE TO - I find it a nuisance and have better things to do with my time. ... I try to eat mostly non-meat proteins (beans, cheese, etc.) and fish - but do sometimes enjoy the rare filet mignon ("rare" being a double-entendre there - hardly ever, and barely cooked.)

I feel best when I get plenty of fruits/veggies - and after all, we are part of the food chain, one way or another.
It's all mixed in. I don't like the idea of 'farming' meat - but I'm okay with hunting, strangely. Yet somehow I'm reluctant to eat wild-caught stuff - having been raised on packaged meats from a grocer's, for some reason it seems "safer" (although now I know it's NOT - and that there are ways to determine if game killed via hunting is diseased or not).

As for honey, milk, and eggs - humans don't need milk beyond infancy. Cows don't mourn their udder product, but bees probably aren't real keen on their products being stolen. I doubt chickens care what happens to their eggs. And certainly fruits and veggies are "meant to be consumed" - if not by us, then by other animals/bugs.

DISCLAIMER (edit): Bacon. Can't do without bacon at least a few times a year.
edit on 5/20/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: BACON

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigsNice thanks to all for the info but i'm just exploring the thoughts and will want to try a road not traveled. Like rockopra said you gotta go with the gut and something tells me there is much to be discovered with our diets.

top topics

join