It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Love won today,"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: combatmaster

Would you care to tell us what those "ill effects" yet?

Surely you want to share your wisdom with those of us so ignorant, and all... Don't you?

Or are you too busy lol'ing? Or still no words?

Unfortunately for you, i will not.

Im on ATS to challenge my own beliefs and preconceptions. I realize most others are here to strengthen theirs! it always ends with one person proving his point and the other fading into obscurity... without admitting that their logic was flawed.

I therefore decline to comment any further, as i highly doubt it will really make a difference in your reality!

Agree to disagree, since nobody will ever admit to being wrong!

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

- 'that's the way it's always been done' .... that's not a valid reason for disallowing positive change which would bring basic equal rights to human beings.

- don't you believe that all humans should have equal rights? Women should have equal rights with men? Homosexual equal rights with nonhomosexual? Religious equal rights with nonreligious? Yes or no?? It's a simple two or three letter answer.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
We had this question already 1000 times that anti-gay-marriage folks should give reasons, but up-to-date I don't think we got any real reasons given even after many times asking so politely : ) A subjective view or "dislike" or saying "Decent folks don't do such things" can hardly count as an argument...

So..nevertheless I am ASKING AGAIN:

Why would GENDER play a role when it comes to marriage?

A marriage is a legal partnership formed before the law, and it's optional to also make this into a religious celebration. Nothing against it.

So..if GENDER would play a role...why would that be? Because "the authorities" or some ominous entity (your neighborhood priest??) would have "an interest" that only men & woman enter a marriage because only men & woman can produce children?

Do "anti-gay-marriage" people imply that two gays, two men or two women, CAN NOT enter a marriage/partnership in the same way as do 1000s of hetero couples every day? Why would that be? I know some gay folks which live like any other hetero couple, I don't see any difference in their "marriage" or every day life and living together... and their SEX LIFE of course is not my concern respective can hopefully not be a criteria for forbidding them marriage?

For example, me and my wife don't want to have children.

When we married, I don't remember the judge asking "BUT DO YOU PLAN TO HAVE CHILDREN?"
I also don't remember having to fill out a survey to indicate whether we would use protection, in fact I don't remember being our sexes or sexual preferences brought up in regards to marriage WHATSOEVER : )

So...why on earth then would it be an issue when two gays marry..why would GENDER be a criterion at all?

Because "someone" *thinks* that it's something "non decent"....based on their opinion? If so..then the remaining states in the US which still ban gay-marriage should quickly change this because a law which is based on SUBJECTIVE opinions and prejudices is...very much from 1000 years from the past, it's the same thing as saying interracial marriage should not be allowed because it's "not decent" or "immoral"..or other entirely nonsensical things.

And this is the reason "anti-gay-marriage" people CAN not give a real argument because this is what this is all about, personal opinions, nothing more.

By the way, I don't like Twizzlers. But my wife thinks they taste awesome, I needed to spit them out last time she got some and almost had to wash my mouth because I *really* think that Twizzlers are the worst candy ever.

However, I don't go out protesting that Twizzlers should be taken off the market because I don't like them... : )
edit on 5/25/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sk0rpi0n

And it certainly doesn't change the fact that billions of people around the world see it as social degeneration

Social degeneration - is such a specific and interesting choice of words. Do you actually believe in such things?

Well - I have a reply to that, but there's really no point in trying to reason out this can of worms

Live and let live I've always felt. Never understood why certain groups feel the need to try and control the behavior of everyone - my way or the highway, tow the line...seems a little controlling and busy-bodyish to me

I choose to let Love win :-)

As far as social degeneration goes - some of us see a time when all people are free to seek out love and companionship then legally commit to that person as a kind of social ascension

Good for us! Here's to a round of hearty, back-slapping, well deserved kudos I say

:-)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: camain
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

right but why do they marry when they don't believe in God?

Because marriage has nothing to do with god. I don't know why that basic statement is so difficult for some to get their heads around.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This thought came to me in the night... Saying, "I have nothing against homosexuals, I just don't think they should be allowed to get married and adopt children" is the same as saying, "I have nothing against women, I just don't think they should be allowed to vote and own land."

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why are so many seemingly threatened by same sex marriages?

Civilization will survive. It survived the Dark Ages. It survived the Black Death. It survived World War Two. It survived the Cold War.

Some seem to have lost their sense of perspective...

I'm fairly sure civilization will survive two guys, or two gals, who love each other marrying. Or even *gasp* raising children.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I don't know. It's too bad we can't have a good discussion about it with someone who is against it and find out the reason... I mean besides, "it gives me icky feelings"...

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Too true.

All too often it's because the "reasons" for the icky feelings aren't exactly socially acceptable. It's usually, though I make no accusations, only from experience am I commenting; hatred and/or fear of something.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join