It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jay Carney Says Obama Found Out About the Newest Scandal on the News

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Obama has never knowingly told one lie to the American people.

He only knows what they want him to know, and when. When he tells you that everything is improving, that obamacare is great and people love it etc, is he really lying if he actually has been convinced it is the truth?

I honestly think he is lying.

He is smart. He is no dummy.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I was kidding beezzer.

He's a smart liar that plays dumb incredibly well.

Almost Oscar worthy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
This is par for the course for this inept administration. This is what I posted earlier about the VA Scandals on the Facebook page that I administrate.

As a Veteran I believe that it is time that I speak up regarding the current scandals involving the Veterans Administration (VA) in recent weeks. -Jimmy-

The truth is, is that this whole ordeal involving the level of care our veterans are receiving is completely unacceptable. No matter what your political affiliation may be this should anger all to no end. The men and women who's blood, sweat, and tears have earned our freedoms deserve the care and benefits that they have earned.

When I look across news sites all I see is articles about celebrities committing murder and other meaningless BS. This story should be headlining every news program in America. This country has lost it's way and the proof lies at your local VA medical center. This post will be lengthy and will take some time to read but I urge all who do to share this so others may read of the personal stories I will share of my experiences at the VA.

First off, I am a Marine Corps Infantryman and current disabled veteran. I joined the USMC in October of 2002 and was discharged in July of 2007 after a medical evaluation board found me unfit for further duty. I returned home to Michigan where I immediately filed claims with the VA and went back to work at my old night job as a cook.

The man who helped me file my claims with the VA was great. He was a member and representative of the Disabled American Veterans, of which I am a life member. He helped me do everything and got my claims filed quickly. This is when things began to go downhill for me.

It took the VA over a year and a half to process my claims during which I lost my job due to the 2008 financial crisis. This is when I hit my rock bottom. I was drinking heavily and going through a divorce and things got rough. I was making poor decisions and still to this day question how I made it through it all alive. It has been an uphill battle since.

My first evaluation came back and it was very low according to my DAV rep. It took another two years to get my disability rating up to 100% during which time I found seasonal work to keep the bills paid even though My body took a hard toll due to that fact. I was doing work that my doctors had claimed I should not have been doing.

When I was discharged I had a hard time re-adjusting to civilian life and gained an anxiety issue because of it. All the VA wanted to do was shove drug after drug down my throat and hope that I would go away. I tried the anti depressants and they made me feel as if I wasn't in control so I quickly stopped that. I kept asking if I could just see and talk to someone once a week and every time I poised this question I was dropped through the cracks of the system as if on purpose.

It was as if my denial to drug therapy was a reason to punish me. Two years later I finally got to get back into care and was offered group therapy but it would be a long wait to get into the groups. I did do one and it was beneficial overall but you could tell that the doctors running it had an agenda and it wasn't to help us. I did finally find a nurse practitioner that listened to me and was able to help me with my anxiety without harsh drugs and long waits for therapy. This woman is seriously the hardest working woman at my VA. I would not be surprised if she came out as a VA whistle blower in the near future because I know she is fed up with losing patients and the current status quo.

I also have a fairly serious gastrointestinal issue which has been growing since 2004. I face ugly and at time debilitating symptoms(Why I am at 100% Disability). This problem has been ongoing for almost ten years and I have no definitive answer as to what it is and how to fix it. Their best guess is that I have a foreign bacteria running rampant in my system that no anti-biotic can kill because I have literally tried them all.

All the GI doctor does is repeat cheap and meaningless tests and prescribes me new antibiotics that make me sick every 8 weeks. It is never ending and I sometimes fear I may die before I know what is truly wrong with me.

Another tactic for the VA to meet numbers that I have not seen talk about yet has happened to me a lot and is still happening quite frequently. The VA will schedule you for an appointment to meet their minimum requirements and a week or so before you will get a call from a receptionist saying the clinic will be closed the day of your appointment and they need to reschedule. It is always a two week minimum before a reschedule will happen.

I have been waiting 8 weeks now to see my GI doctor and now I have to wait 2 more due to this BS. What will it take for me to get the treatment I have earned?

Another thing that scorns me is the way I see the older Vets being treated at My VA. I see WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans treated like they are garbage by many of the civilian employees and it makes my blood boil. Everywhere in the VA you will find mistreatment and abuse.

For those who think The Affordable Care Act is a good thing, all you have to do is ask a Veteran how government health care is working out for them and you will have your answer.

If you hung in and read this whole thing I deeply appreciate it. Please share it to bring light to this issue with others who may not know or care. If anyone has any questions feel free to comment and ask and I will do my best to answer.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: ausername

He only knows what they want him to know, and when. When he tells you that everything is improving, that obamacare is great and people love it etc, is he really lying if he actually has been convinced it is the truth?

I honestly think he is lying.

He is smart. He is no dummy.

He knows EXACTLY what he is doing!

Beezer, people like this are the reson we are in the mess that we are today. I know you know this but it must be reminded from time to time. Anyway hope all is well Beez.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Obama reminds me of "Ruprecht from " Dirty Rotten Scoundrels". I expect Obama to come out to a White House Press Conference holding a trident and banging pots and pans. "Obama will love Oklahoma. He loves to run and run and run. " He's an imbecile kept totally out of the loop on every issue.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: usmc0311
I am a veteran, but have never used the VA. I have heard many stories like yours from friends.
This is truly disgraceful.
I am sorry that the system is failing our disabled veterans like yourself.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Obama, have you read this in the News Today or was it Yesterday?
Maybe someone needs to read it to you

Then-Senator Barack Obama, November 12, 2007: “After seven years of an Administration that has stretched our military to the breaking point, ignored deplorable conditions at some VA hospitals, and neglected the planning and preparation necessary to care for our returning heroes, America’s veterans deserve a President who will fight for them not just when it’s easy or convenient, but every hour of every day for the next four years.”

2007 Senator Obama
So, that was 2007 and obama Ranting on Bush,
Now look at Obamas Promise that was Not Kept Of-Course.

Press Release - Obama Campaign Announces National Veterans Advisory Committee
November 12, 2007

Chicago, IL - The Obama campaign announced the launch of his National Veterans Advisory Committee today that will advise Senator Obama through the course of the campaign on issues related to the challenges facing troops and veterans. The group will also take the lead on building the grassroots network of support in the veteran's community in key primary states and in communities with large veteran's populations across the country.

"Senator Obama has been a leader for veterans in the Senate, and has laid out the most comprehensive plan to care for veterans among the 2008 candidates," said Major General Merrill "Tony" McPeak, a retired four-star Air Force general. "I am honored to work with him to care for our fighting men and women, both when they serve and when they return home. I firmly believe Barack Obama is the best candidate for our nation's veterans, and I would be proud to call him my commander in chief."

Obama
What Happen Barrack,,, You Forget Another Promise

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

He didn't forget it, he simply ignored it. As Beezzer said, he knows what hes doing. He has a agenda and always has since he got in the White House.

-SAP-

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I know, I was being Sarcastic in my own way, but, I'm sure you really knew that. a reply to: SloAnPainful

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

I figured so.

I was just stating the obvious though.

-SAP-

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

ROTFL!!!! Excellent reference, and wow, great memory. LOVED that show!

Schultz looks like a genius compared to some of these clowns, though.

edit on 22-5-2014 by LadyGreenEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That is just effing sad.

For 6 YEARS he has done nothing but LIE.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join