It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The people you work with

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LizardSlicks

I never hit on her. I said a joke to her I believe I have no idea on what it was but I think sh knew that I meant no ham by the joke. which I know it wssnt bad because i was cogziant of the fact that some people can be offended by little things. and From when I first started that wa sone of the things that I said about myself was that I am a jokester person. So whatever I said was not to meant to be offensive

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Three times in my life I've made a work place enemy.

The first, sadly, I let her run me off. I was young and new she was older and more tenured. To this day, I have no idea what her beef was but she made my life a living hell for six months and that was long enough.

The next time, I fought like hell for that job and I wasn't about to be run off by anyone. The person was pretty manipulative and gossipy but not mean. I just took the high road at every turn and did my best. Turns out, she was just pissed because her friend didn't get the job, I did. We ended up very good friends in the end, still are even though we haven't worked together in over 15 years and live in different states.

The third, still a work in progress, we both are doing our best. I guess you could say we've settled into peaceful coexistence.

All you can do in these situations is maintain good work ethics and personal integrity. Never stoop to their level, try not to gossip, don't fixate on the problem, relax and just be yourself.

edit on 5/20/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/20/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

I've never really had a person who I didn't get along with at work. But I'm the type who doesn't give two sh|ts if someone doesn't like me, and as a result almost everyone likes me (funny how that seems to be the case, crave attention and validation from others and they hate you, don't care at all you they all of a sudden decide you're awesome) You kinda sound like one of those people who just HAS to have everyone like them and that is an extremely unrealistic expectation.

Just saying it sounds that way could very well be wrong.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher

Next time she asks "Is this work related" say yes, it has to do with courtesy.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

haha Yeah I actually like that. I'll think about using that.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher
a reply to: InTheLight

haha Yeah I actually like that. I'll think about using that.

If you do be prepared for anything as some people seem to have 'lost it' out there.

The other day a new employee arrived and told us what happened to her at her previous substitute position. She asked a permanent employee where a certain room could be located within the building and then the employee told her to just keep walking around and that she'll find it eventually, then she promptly walked away; sad but true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join