logical evidence that there is/is not a God.

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
Alec- if God is a supernatural being who always existed, as stated in my defintion, how can God have a father?
1- God is supernatural, not human
2- eternal
HOW THE *coughs* how could he have a father and mother and be born by that definition??!!?!?!! u sad sick *coughs again* maybe yer trying to find a desperate attempt to find fault in this, since u cant find any logical evidence of how God doesnt exist, so yer last desperate dying attempt is to try and attack the words of people, which has obviously failed and you run out of options.
and if God had a mother he obviously wouldnt be God, now would he??! gahhh- use yer brain, u no that thing in yer head, yeah, THAT one. I hope u aitheist get ready for when I put together my formula for DNA matches that will blow the odds out of the sky and it would take so much faith to belive we ever mutated from a single celled organsim over time, the chances are astronomically out of the world- but lets stick to the subject, u gfot any logical evidence to suggest God doesnt exist (ohhh, I got ya on that one, I guess, I assume yer answer is no) go ahead, try yer old "well God dont exist and prove it if he does" trick if ya want, along with any of ya, its still no logical evidence.


Do you even know what you wrote? You said let me define "him." Im only going by how you defined God, and you defined God as male, I can logically conclude this because you reffered to God as him.




posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Attero Auctorita
You think god is a he or her, and that it must obey the laws of living/mortal things?

- Attero


Apparently Slicky does.


Originally posted by Slicky1313
and to clear up "God" let me define him



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
dooo dad, doo da. once again, last desperate attempts because u really cant deny the fact God exist here, must be u dont quite have any logical information

I always refer to God as "he" im technically not implying hes male either, its just how I refer to God as. but hey, if ya wanna get technical about it, ill try not to say he no more, but "God" ok? im not throwing in any personal beliefs, just another word for God to me

and if God ceased to exist after he created matter, how could that be possiible? think about it, if yer the all powerful your very existence and word holds together gravity itself and everythin in the universe. and if your all powerful, how could u ever destroy yerself and since u set everything in motion all that would just poof if u were gone. its like saying God gave all God's power to you. its just not logical, if God is God, then he technically cant really give his power away, since hes still God. its lik making a rock so big u cant pick up. the power and how Big God is boggles the mind, but we no one thing, God is bigger than my house, and thats about as far as we no.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:07 PM
link   
"There is a god.
Anything you can imagine exist, if only by virtue of having been imagined in the first place. Once you have imagined something, you cannot un-imagine it, therefore it will exist eternal.
you can imagine something that does not exist, but in doin so, you create it. Thus God created everything, he has a terrific imagination."

again, this goes back to rule number 1: throw out your personal beliefs accept weather u belive God exist or not.

and weather u imagine it or not, it does not matter what u personally believe, u may personally belive there is no God, or vice versa, but truth of the matter is if there is a God, it doesnt matter how much brain power u have to the individual, u cant get rid of the fact God is there. and if God doesnt exist, and u belive he is, he may exist to you personally, but in reality no.
so thats personal belief, its not truth and fact of if he really exist or not.

"Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion." doo da, doo da doo da.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
can a building be formed without out someone to build it? No. Therefore, there must have been something that formed the universe, and everything in it.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
nicely stated.... it is logical, after all.

theoretically speaking, those who dont belive in God probably belive in evolution on this site (probably, im not saying EVERYONE) and the chances of evolution happening are so long, if u could write out a million zero's a second, it would take u a few billion years to write out the number.

I see no reason that if u can belive in a theory that the chances are that small u can belive that a building can slowly evolve, since theoretically speaking the chances in both cases are so astronomically high they both take so much faith to belive in. - but we arent discussing that, we discussing logical evidence for God, and that is very logical evidence.

and how does the planets revolve around the sun, and how did they ever get caught in the gravity fields around sun? and how did the gravity fields ever begin to form around the sun? hmm.... God seems to be the logical answer there.


[edit on 29-11-2004 by Slicky1313]



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
dooo dad, doo da. once again, last desperate attempts because u really cant deny the fact God exist here, must be u dont quite have any logical information

I always refer to God as "he" im technically not implying hes male either, its just how I refer to God as. but hey, if ya wanna get technical about it, ill try not to say he no more, but "God" ok? im not throwing in any personal beliefs, just another word for God to me

and if God ceased to exist after he created matter, how could that be possiible? think about it, if yer the all powerful your very existence and word holds together gravity itself and everythin in the universe. and if your all powerful, how could u ever destroy yerself and since u set everything in motion all that would just poof if u were gone. its like saying God gave all God's power to you. its just not logical, if God is God, then he technically cant really give his power away, since hes still God. its lik making a rock so big u cant pick up. the power and how Big God is boggles the mind, but we no one thing, God is bigger than my house, and thats about as far as we no.


I thought this was about logic? Either define God as you meant God to be defined, or dont define God at all. I think your definition of God is too vague for me to logically argue whehter God does or does not exist. It's behind comphrehension, this debate is pretty meaningless. But, anyways, this is what we know about God so far: All powerful, eternal, bigger than a house. Its impossible to logically conclude whether God exists or not, because when you define God, you're attempting to define what cannot be comprehended. And you cant define what you cant comphrehend. But whatever, continue your dicussion with others with meaningless definitions of something that is behind comprehension.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What a pitiful existence we would have on this earth if there is no God. I mean what would there be worth living for? to waste our lives away on frivolous pleasures of the mortal body that is decaying as we speak?

Also referring to God's gender- all references refer him as a Male, but in the Christian religion he was born as a male but when he is in heaven it is said we are "created in his image" so he must be like everyone male and female.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   
AH HA! ya see that, eh boys? Alec basically admits he cant find any logical evidence against Gods, so he quits, hes a sore loser must be (no offense at all)
ha! he has no logical evidence God doesnt exist must be...

ehhh, poor guy, I feel bad for him, dont you? I think he may have lost.

HA! I still think the people for bringing logical evidence for a God are winning.

after all, how did the planets get set in motion, and how could the universe spring up. like the building, cant be built without intelligence. try to logically argue against those things, please. im begging for pure logic on why God doesnt exist and why he does.
humore me please.... how did the planets get set in motion on the gravitational pull by just chance anyway? seems silly, seems like there must be God out there



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
id have to agree Joe head, without God there is no purpose to life.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
AH HA! ya see that, eh boys? Alec basically admits he cant find any logical evidence against Gods, so he quits, hes a sore loser must be (no offense at all)
ha! he has no logical evidence God doesnt exist must be...

ehhh, poor guy, I feel bad for him, dont you? I think he may have lost.

HA! I still think the people for bringing logical evidence for a God are winning.

after all, how did the planets get set in motion, and how could the universe spring up. like the building, cant be built without intelligence. try to logically argue against those things, please. im begging for pure logic on why God doesnt exist and why he does.
humore me please.... how did the planets get set in motion on the gravitational pull by just chance anyway? seems silly, seems like there must be God out there


I cant find any logical evidence for or against God with your definitions, they are too vague. Buildings are inanimate objects, the universe isnt. I dont know what made the universe or if creation is even necessary. Its a meaningless question, like asking how purple tastes.



posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
id have to agree Joe head, without God there is no purpose to life.


Well, that is your opinion. Opinions are subjective. I have purpose in my life, without a belief in a personal God.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
id have to agree Joe head, without God there is no purpose to life.


Welcome to the cold hard facts of reality. AND if you didn't think things couldn't possibly get any worse, there is no Santa Clause either.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slicky1313
"There is a god.
Anything you can imagine exist, if only by virtue of having been imagined in the first place. Once you have imagined something, you cannot un-imagine it, therefore it will exist eternal.
you can imagine something that does not exist, but in doin so, you create it. Thus God created everything, he has a terrific imagination."

again, this goes back to rule number 1: throw out your personal beliefs accept weather u belive God exist or not.

and weather u imagine it or not, it does not matter what u personally believe, u may personally belive there is no God, or vice versa, but truth of the matter is if there is a God, it doesnt matter how much brain power u have to the individual, u cant get rid of the fact God is there. and if God doesnt exist, and u belive he is, he may exist to you personally, but in reality no.
so thats personal belief, its not truth and fact of if he really exist or not.

"Gravity explains the motions of the planets, but it cannot explain who set the planets in motion." doo da, doo da doo da.


Who said anything about personal beleif slicky? you ask me to argue with logic either for or against the existance of "god". I did!

quote me: Anything you can imagine exist, if only by virtue of having been imagined in the first place. unquote.
Therefore god exist. You didnt ask me to prove where "god" came from or how he the universe began.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

slicky1313
if God is a supernatural being who always existed, as stated in my defintion


This was not the definiton. The 'allways' existed part was given as evidence of its existence. You were saying that there needs to be something that is eternal, and that that therefore is god. This of course is not good reasoning nor evidence, but don't start changing things around now.

if the universe is eternal, it would have NO beginning.

Then how can you say 'now' as in run out by now? If there can be a now, then there can be a high concentration of hydrogen now. If the universe is eternal, then there is no reason to think that it'd run out of hydrogen.

attero
The only cause is god, because that is the definition of god

well I'll agree that one can set it that way, but we were considering 'evidence' for or against god, so that can't actually be used.



slicky
because u really cant deny the fact God exist

this is getting rather silly. You have failed to present any evidence that god exists. I think that everyone else here is stating that there isn't evidence that proves he doesn't exist either, but you seem to think that there is evidence that he does exist. You mentioned some stuff in your first post, and all of it was unacceptable and not evidence of anything.

if yer the all powerful your very existence and word holds together gravity itself and everythin in the universe. and if your all powerful, how could u ever destroy yerself

An all powerful god could certainly undo its own existence. Its allpowerful. It doesn't need to be around to 'hold together gravity'. Are you saying god can't design a universe that can hold itself together?

if there is a God, it doesnt matter how much brain power u have to the individual, u cant get rid of the fact God is there

no one is saying that if there is a god then one can demonstrate that there isn't a god.

Therefore, there must have been something that formed the universe, and everything in it.

If mountains and planets can be built without a builder, then what does it matter if a house can't?

and the chances of evolution happening are so long

You are already discussing this somewhere else and have not been able to support that assertion there. Why are you repeating it here?

joe head
What a pitiful existence we would have on this earth if there is no God

Your opinion on the pitifulness of an atheistic existence is not 'logical evidence for or against god'.

I still think the people for bringing logical evidence for a God are winning.

Is there any point in continuing this discussion with you? You seem to think that there is some sort of win/loose situation going on here. More bizzarely, you think you are winning, when you have failed ot present any evidence for the existence of god. Are you merely trolling, or are you trying to have a discussion on the topic? If you are trying to have a discussion, why is it that you are systematically ignoring any valid points that anyone else brings up? Is there any reason for anyone here to think that continuing this converstation will not be a complete waste of time? Its already been 'downgraded' to 'Below Top Secret'. Whats next, Chit Chat? Besides, if its a contest you want, there is a Debate Forum.

how did the planets get set in motion on the gravitational pull by just chance anyway?

What does it matter? Any naturalistic explanation for the origins of the solar system will not be evidence for or against god anyway. Its entirely irrelevant to the situation.



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
sometimes logic can't answer metaphysical phenomenon.......

sure it can address our 3 dimensional world, but once you get beyond that, all logic flies out the _....That's what makes metaphysics so interesting as well as spirituality...

Have you ever read the celestine prophecy??



posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Slicky, you have failed to define "exist's" . The fact that you did not define "exist's" allows for interpretation. my interpretation of "exist's" is that a thing/person/idea is known or recognised as opposed to something that is not. In that context, santa "exist's" aswell.



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   
logic pro god.....here goes....
the proof is in the asking...why do you ask?why do we seak? why do we want proof? ANSWER...because we know already we just cannot explaine it...its in all of our minds continually...it was programed that way...we were wired to seak him....



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
How is that logical or proof?



posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
it is Fact, that everyone wants to know about god ,if their is a god ,who god is, how to find god....... is that or is it not a fact? even people who say they dont believe want to talk about it all the time......that is logical evedence that there is force to recon with





new topics
 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join