It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abu Hamza found guilty of terror charges in US court

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: robbeh
My opinion on this matter is one of disgust as we in the uk didnt hav the balls to jail him ourselves :/

Exactly!

Why should we get the USA to do our work?

Last I checked we have working courts and prisons.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: robbeh
My opinion on this matter is one of disgust as we in the uk didnt hav the balls to jail him ourselves :/

Exactly!

Last I checked we have working courts and prisons.

Working courts? I have to disagree with that, sentences are becoming more and more lenient and lets face it, with the UK bound to the ECHR, if his case even made it to court, he'd probably have got 150 hrs community service and told to pay a £50 victim surcharge, which he would have been allowed to pay at £1 per week as he was in receipt of benefits, in fact he probably wouldn't even have had to do the community service because of his disabilities!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

I don't partially agree with extradition to America these days considering their questionable methods regarding detainees, I should probably add my own nation is no better.

That being said this person for want of a better word deserves all he gets!

I'm glad we HANDED him over!

Sling your hook someplace else!

edit on 20-5-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
could someone list his crimes other than he talked # most of the time.
He became a hate figure in the UK because the media needed a Bogey Man to scare the children with, c'mon, a Hook for a Hand and one eye...how scary is that.
Other than speaking out against the Evil west and glorifying Jihad, i dont think we actually charged him with any crimes and i'm not sure he actually committed any on UK or US soil.
He probably did have a Hand, "no pun intended" in killing some Russians with the help of the US of A's cash and Arms that were flowing through Afghanistan and into the hands/Hooks of the Taliban and Osama back in the 80's.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
could someone list his crimes other than he talked # most of the time.
He became a hate figure in the UK because the media needed a Bogey Man to scare the children with, c'mon, a Hook for a Hand and one eye...how scary is that.
Other than speaking out against the Evil west and glorifying Jihad, i dont think we actually charged him with any crimes and i'm not sure he actually committed any on UK or US soil.
He probably did have a Hand, "no pun intended" in killing some Russians with the help of the US of A's cash and Arms that were flowing through Afghanistan and into the hands/Hooks of the Taliban and Osama back in the 80's.

The problem was that he was inciting others to carry out terrorist acts, and they did. He was a dangerous extremist, who did nothing for the country, except sit back and take benefits for him and his family, whilst spewing hatred and venom at us..good riddance is what I say.
edit on 20-5-2014 by destination now because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Hamza was charged and convicted with crimes in the USA, not the UK. His extradition was a long and painful affair because he played the system. Apart from a few infringements, he seems to have cleverly avoided pushing the UK far enough to get arrested etc.

The result is that in the US penal system he will have a less luxurious time, so his plans have ultimately backfired. Shame, I almost wept.

Instead of ranting on about how poor the UK dealt with this, consider how clever they have been. They have got rid of the scumbag and he's got a harsher punishment than he would ever get here.

Just got to consider his vast family who will continue to be supported by the British tax payer.

Regards
edit on 20/5/2014 by paraphi because: typo

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
He was found guilty in the UK of soliciting murder, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to stir up racial hatred, plus other offenses. He was jailed for 7 years.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseatemymoney
He was found guilty in the UK of soliciting murder, using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to stir up racial hatred, plus other offenses. He was jailed for 7 years.

So he Solicited Murder, Who's Murder?, threatened, threatened who? abused and or insulted,once again.. Who?? but never actually killed or physically harmed anyone yet he got 7 years. Hmmm Strange.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: horseatemymoney

So he Solicited Murder, Who's Murder?, threatened, threatened who? abused and or insulted,once again.. Who?? but never actually killed or physically harmed anyone yet he got 7 years. Hmmm Strange.

Errr What? Have you read nothing about this guy? Seriously cannot believe you are defending him but here's some info on this utterly charming (not) lowlife

Arrest, charges and imprisonment[edit]
On 26 August 2004, Hamza was arrested by British police under section 41 of the Terrorism Act 2000 which covers the instigation of acts of terrorism. Charges against him were dropped on 31 August 2004, but he was kept in jail whilst a U.S. extradition case was developed and British authorities drew up further criminal charges of their own.[29] Almost two months later, on 19 October 2004, Hamza was charged with 15 offences under the provisions of various British statutes, including encouraging the murder of non-Muslims, and intent to stir up racial hatred.[30] The trial commenced on 5 July 2005, but was adjourned, and not resumed until 9 January 2006. On 7 February 2006, he was found guilty on eleven charges and not guilty on four:

Guilty of six charges of soliciting murder under the Offences against the Person Act 1861; not guilty on three further such charges.
Guilty of three charges related to "using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour with intent to stir up racial hatred, [contrary to section 18 (1) of the Public Order Act 1986]",[31] not guilty on one further such charge.
Guilty of one charge of "possession of threatening, abusive or insulting recordings of sound, with intent to stir up racial hatred [contrary to section 23 of the Public Order Act 1986]".[31]
Guilty of one charge of "possessing a document containing information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism"[31] under the Terrorism Act 2000, s58. This charge under the Terrorism Act of 2000 related to his possession of an Encyclopedia of Afghan Jihad, an Al Qaeda Handbook and other propaganda materials produced by Abu Hamza.[32]
In sentencing, Mr Justice Hughes said Hamza had "helped to create an atmosphere in which to kill has become regarded by some as not only a legitimate course but a moral and religious duty in pursuit of perceived justice."[33] Abu Hamza was sentenced to seven years' imprisonment.

Wikipedia Abu Hamza

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: robbeh

I only wanted to write one word here in reply which would have been 'GOOD' but I would have been docked points and post removed.

You know what 'I'm so glad that I won't have to see his ugly head in the media anymore. Seriously, they should feed him to the pigs!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Not Defending him, Questioning the UK/US Justice system and the Media's witch hunts against whoever the government deems the next Bogey man..
I know he was a bit iffy, but remember the UK and US Media loved this guy and his people in the 80's and our very own Governments funded him and his people for years.
I'm tired of the hypocrisy i suppose. @Destination Now..
edit on 20-5-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

The problem was that he was inciting others to carry out terrorist acts, and they did. He was a dangerous extremist, who did nothing for the country, except sit back and take benefits for him and his family, whilst spewing hatred and venom at us..

So a Bit Like Ian Duncan Smith, Ester McVey and George Osbourne then.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: destination now

The problem was that he was inciting others to carry out terrorist acts, and they did. He was a dangerous extremist, who did nothing for the country, except sit back and take benefits for him and his family, whilst spewing hatred and venom at us..

So a Bit Like Ian Duncan Smith, Ester McVey and George Osbourne then.

That's just ridiculous, I don't know what religion, if any, you follow, but if it is you or your family he is inciting to kill, like the family of Lee Rigby, you may have a more mature attitude

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Just my two cents, but the dudes(Soloprotocol) obviously fishing, stop feeding him!

He's perfectly aware of who and what Abu Hamza is, simply not worth your time or effort.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
You are right, an obvious troll. May both he and Abu Hamza be dipped in dawg s--t

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: destination now

Just my two cents, but the dudes(Soloprotocol) obviously fishing, stop feeding him!

He's perfectly aware of who and what Abu Hamza is, simply not worth your time or effort.

So you know Abu Hamza on a personal basis do you. ?
You know only what the corrupt MSM and Politicians tell you.
As i said, i'm not defending him, i dont know anything about him, but i refuse to be corrupted by anyone who hasn't walked a mile in his shoes.

The Scariest and most violent people on the Planet are White and claim to be Christians from where i stand.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

"So you know Abu Hamza on a personal basis do you. ?"

No I tend not to associate with his kind, that being terrorist murdering scum. I don't know the Queen, Barack Obama or Jeffrey Dahmer ether, your point being(Questions rhetorical)?

"You know only what the corrupt MSM and Politicians tell you."

Political corruption and mass media influence aside the guy is a terrorist religious zealot that promotes genocide and religious intolerance towards others. He's a bad Man!

"As i said, i'm not defending him, i dont know anything about him, but i refuse to be corrupted by anyone who hasn't walked a mile in his shoes."

Good luck with that then, I imagine you will encounter a bullet in the head or a hellfire missile should you choose to follow this man's teachings or way of life. As for the shoes just be careful they don't explode, or you might need some prosthetic limbs just like him.

"The Scariest and most violent people on the Planet are White and claim to be Christians from where i stand."

People can't help what colour their skin is i'm afraid!

And as to Christianity well all organised religion is simply folly in my opinion and generally the root of all evil.

Now if you don't mind i think i'll go back to following my own advice!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
And you cannot shoot him... how is THAT working out?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
We are scary because we TRAINED to be colder and worse than our enemies.Our imaginations ,diet and cultures have made us more capable warriors(Perhaps the Bacon...) And of course we WILL win or die trying to do as ordered BECAUSE WE LOVE OUR COUNTRY beyond ourselves (that of course can change if the current garbage continues) In fact.
As to" why" well that is a whole other can of worms, that we don't get to choose.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join