It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROOF we are "influenced" by the media...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by fledgling666

this thread really sucks, but only because the first post was lame. i don't walk around wondering about the people around me no matter what color skin they may have. of course the media influences people, it is there to serve the purpose of relaying the facts to the public, but they constantly put a bit of a ratings-influenced leftist spin on everything. they aren't telling you that arabs are bad people, although, that is what many ignorant fools have begun to believe. the media tells us that it is right to treat muslim extremists with skepticism. that is all. if you got anything else out of it, you are reading your own prejudices into it.

maybe this thread really does suck BUT i have PROOF so...

you know...

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
terrorism is attempt in estblashing with fear and politcal goals...or something like that... sorry for the unnesesary comment(since you all know what it is), i was just being bored

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I belive that if anyone in this country tried to tell you, especially since 9-11, that they didn't profile, to some extent, would be lying. Sure the media runs this into the ground for ratings and subsequently revenue but I belive that It's just human nature to be fearful in situations such as this. It's what you do with this fear and how you handle it that makes the difference. I have to admit that I'm guilty of profiling at times but I try to keep it under control. I remeber, for instance, the summer after the attacks attending a baseball game at PNC park and the whole time I was their fearful of some kind of attack. I remeber going into the game and seeing a group of middle eastern men up a head of me and thinking oh man this isn't good. It's a sad fact that we live in a time such as this but, unfortunatley, it is reality. Hopefuly, one day we wont have these fears but until then if your middle eastern, I wont hold anything against you and will treat you as I would want to be treated but I will stay on alert. This might sound wrong, and I admitt I don't like feeling this way, but I belive I'm only stating how many of us feel today even if they wont admit it.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
look, my wife's grandparents have a ranch. in the area where part of it lies (some has been sold, so it is separated land), there are a few other similar sized parcels. most of the people in the area lease their land to hunters and campers, some to graze cattle, etc. well, one ranch behind the particular parcel i'm talking about was leased to a bunch of middle-eastern men. one of the neighbors drove by and saw them holding guns over their heads, in camo, black masks, and making marching sounds, like "whoop, whoop," or something. another neighbor complained that they had shot up his cow feeder and trough and argued with them to the point that he dragged them to the feed store to buy him new ones. the first neighbor swears the guns were paintball guns but the second knows otherwise. i listened to the story and still have no prejudice about the situation. i don't know what they were doing and unless i saw it for myself, i couldn't make a judgement. a lot of people will say it's smart to make those assumptions in this day and age in order to be safe, but i will disagree. you will make yourself paranoid unless you give at least a little benefit of the doubt.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the only proof you need . educate yourself and ask the uneducated a bunch of questions with key topics . they will sound like the tv or radio

ive tried it .. its scarey .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join