It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large number of Chinese troops seen heading for China-Vietnam border

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Gold is safer, but not that much, it all ends up with who decides what the value of an ounce of gold is anyway.
And i'm pretty sure in this day and age we could make gold with our technology.

Give me trade before gold or paper fiat currency.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
China also evacuating chinese citizens from vietnam ..and taiwan preparing to do the same with commercial airlines told by taiwans president to be ready to evacuate taiwanese from vietnam ..

On the vietnam side .. vietnamese authorities clamping down on public gatherings along with putting measures in place to prevent violence ..

Hoping they settle it without violence ... may make my annual trip downriver early this year and go spend time back in japan .. getting too damn old to be in war zones ..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Wish we had an idea on how many, or what they were driving!

Cant help but think this is related to Thailand declaring martial law.. Thailand seemed quiet the last month or so..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I cant speak to the authenticity of these photos, but this is apparently the build up forces?

www.theepochtimes.com...

Troops, tanks, trucks, artillery, and armored personnel carriers of China’s military were seen heading to the Vietnamese border on May 16 and 17, according to photographs taken by by residents near the border.

Chinese netizens have been posting photographs of the large movement of the People’s Liberation Army, many of them showing Chinese troops in full combat gear heading to the local train station in Chongzuo, along with military vehicles.

One netizen said the Chinese military was taking the train from the Chongzuo station to Pingxiang City, which shares a 60-mile border with Vietnam. The netizen said that the Huu Nghi Border Gate to Vietnam is also now closed.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

Give me trade before gold or paper fiat currency.

What are you going to trade with when the paper fails? Can't carry a ton of water on your back or a flock of chickens either.

But a pocket full of gold is light and will get you anything along the way. People used to wrap linked chains of goal about their body. It was their financial security. If they went to market to but a chicken or a tavern to get a drink, they would unhook a link of incremented soft gold and present it for payment. All keeps had a touch stone and a set of teeth to bite with to test the purity and feel the weight in their hand. Gold as a currency was indisputable and accepted anywhere.

Silver and copper too. Why do you think the currency of early america was coins made of these metals? Banks will always try to take it for themselves. Their basement vaults are full of it. They exchange digital money all day based on their gold reserves.

Mel Fisher found the treasure ship Atocha, it was filled with gold, silver and emeralds. Ropes of gold chain "pre manufactured" for Royals back in Spain were in abundance. With this booty stolen from South America, Spain was able to buy a new armada to attack England with. Well not this ship, but there was a fleet of them. Three sank during a Hurricane on their return trip to Spain-- two are still out there… somewhere.

People that don't understand the significance of "metals make the world go round" would do well to study history. The Chinese government isn't buying tons of gold to make fishing weights.

Rope chain found aboard Atocha

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Thanks chop. Maybe someone can tell us if that armored vehicle or those weapons on their backs are fitted for exercise, or real world?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

If Russia can do it, so can China!

Seriously, China is becoming a behemoth. Just like the USA, which has continued to play political war games with the world. China is coming of age (economy, industry, military), and they too will start playing these games.

It might be worthwhile to see if any US/western oil/gas companies are tied to China or Vietnam. As jmdewey60 pointed out, that could tell us what we are about to hear in the US mainstream media.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Sorry I came to this late, not sure how I didn't see this. So now we have Russia sparing with Ukraine and China sparing with Vietnam?

Chess pieces if you ask me. None of this seems like a coincidence.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

One, China is also a member of the United Nations. War for these purposes, is unlawful. So, any moral high ground they thought they had, is lost. Did they reject what Sun Tzu said?

Two, good luck. China has not learned anything from mistakes made by the USSR and the United States.

Three, the story seems fishy. This would be like the United States massing to invade Puerto Rico.

Nope. Vietnam bled them so bad last time in such a short amount of time the Chinese pulled out after not one Vietnamese regular army troop engaged them. The Cong alone set them packing before their main army even got in the fight. China can not be stupid enough to try them again, or then again they have plenty of men to waste. China has not advanced their ground fighting capabilities enough to jump in that meat grinder. The Cong have had a very long time to bolster their defensives.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Thanks chop. Maybe someone can tell us if that armored vehicle or those weapons on their backs are fitted for exercise, or real world?
its current issue gear for the chinese army ..

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Sorry, I meant is the APC and troops outfitted for a training exercise or combat?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Sorry, I meant is the APC and troops outfitted for a training exercise or combat?
theyre equipped for combat ..when they deploy its with live ammunition and ready .. china doesnt mess around when they deploy seen when theyve deployed in past to areas ..

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join