It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large number of Chinese troops seen heading for China-Vietnam border

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Revisionist history is a bother of mine, it was America that pulled the rug out from under South Vietnam by refusing to keep its promises made to convince the South Vietnamese to sign the Paris Peace Accords.

Abandoning Vietnam

"Black April" shows that the sharp reduction of U.S. aid meant the South Vietnamese were unable to bomb enemy ground forces even when they were massed and presented inviting targets. The South Vietnamese air force could not fly enough sorties to begin with, and its capabilities further eroded as the North Vietnamese overran airfields. In January 1973, President Nixon had promised the South Vietnamese that American air power would smash the North Vietnamese if they broke the peace agreement about to be signed in Paris. But then Watergate intervened, and Congress—using the War Powers Resolution of 1973—prevented Nixon's successor, Gerald Ford, from fulfilling the pledge.

As far as China and Vietnam having a war now, I'm pretty sure it'd spell bad tidings for a Chinese economy already showing signs of stress.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
dang, a friend of ours just opened a garment factory there.

she isn't there tho.

i doubt any big thing will come out of the troop movement.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I'll be honest, I don't think that we really have a chance against the Chinese. You have to realize that the reason we won was because of our super brilliant generals, but as technology keeps getting more advanced, these tactics no longer work, and our losses kept mounting. And knowing the Chinese, I don't think they will be so merciful, when it comes to nukes. They simply do not have the same moral values as the West does.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

when it comes to nukes. They simply do not have the same moral values as the West does.
Gee and I thought it was the west that dropped a couple nukes on Japan . Must have been a bad history book I read somewhere .Thanks for clearing up my confusion /not a reply to: np6888

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: np6888

I think you're assuming the West has all that much for morals in a time of Total War. I believe something will, God forbid it gets there, shift...like flipping a switch, if 'Total War' becomes the buzz word.

That means, quite simply, we're being attacked with no distinction by design among military vs. non-combatant and then, many among our military chain will return it in kind. I agree that China may be among only a couple in the world either capable or willing to fight on those terms. Who wins though? Ultimately? I think it really gets ..... odd for how we may define winning in a war where both nations would end by looking like Berlin in 1945.

I think both nations are fully capable of fighting that style and level of war again, if it comes to that. We just won't care who won in the end if it's the US and China. Either way. All the more reason to leave Vietnam and China to sort their own hash.

Vietnam has requested US assistance a couple times over recent years. Neigh Neigh I say. Been there as a nation...and Southeast Asia doesn't need us again.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: spacing added

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: 13th Zodiac

Nope sorry. The analogy doesn't apply. The Crimeans voted to join the Russians, whereas the Chinese are attacking without any just cause whatsoever. If you were to ask the world, informing them of everything, then I would say that at least 50% would be on the Russians' side, whereas virtually no non-Chinese would agree with the Chinese. The Russians have never shown a desire to expand beyond their ethnicity, and they've shown that in their history, whereas the Chinese are entirely different. The Chinese DO want to take over the world.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

And the West has made that a war crime. And if they wanted to, the West can take over the world anyway

In addition, the atomic bombs saved million of lives, so it's not like you can't justify them somewhat.
edit on 19-5-2014 by np6888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

Which one will back the next war? SDR'S or USD'S? Which is Obama currently peddling? Is their competition for the next reserve currency?

The Chinese and other nations have been buying thousands of tons of gold for just the time the US dollar tanks. They will be ready to fill the vacuum.

Meanwhile, in the US of trillions of debt, there is no debt ceiling. Complicity between government, hi finance and military industrial complex is ongoing. They don't intend to pay anything back, just write checks to Boeing, Grumman, Northrop and General Dynamics. Banks get their usury and politicians get reelected. Americans get the tax to hand to their kid's, kid's, kids.

Bitten off way more than they can chew. It is Empire buildings legacy.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Question what is Gold valued in? What happens when that valuation is destroyed? usually a crash or a serious dip in value.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: np6888

Nope sorry. The analogy doesn't apply. The Crimeans voted to join the Russians, whereas the Chinese are attacking without any just cause whatsoever. If you were to ask the world, informing them of everything, then I would say that at least 50% would be on the Russians' side, whereas virtually no non-Chinese would agree with the Chinese. The Russians have never shown a desire to expand beyond their ethnicity, and they've shown that in their history, whereas the Chinese are entirely different. The Chinese DO want to take over the world.

What are you talking about? Vietnam Citizens have rioted , killed Chinese citizens/residents and burnt their businesses.That is a fact. I never said anything found in your above post.Don't put Words in my mouth.Not cool!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Far too many people on the Earth for gold to be a viable form of currency. I always laugh when I hear about people buying gold as a safety net. Government gold holdings is beyond the reach of my understanding.

As for the Far East ... lots of pieces moving around over here (everywhere). Something's in the wind. Let's hope it's a defensive shift vice preps for regional instability and conflict.

Some folks can't grasp Asian war mentality. You know those silly horror movies in America? The ones where you know you'd put another bullet in the bad guy's brain just for good measure, but for some reason the actor won't do it and suffers the inevitable consequences? Asians don't have any reservations about that. The Chinese alone killed as many as 70 million of there own people once upon a time. That's almost as many people as there are in Vietnam right now. Apples and oranges ...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Most of the debt is to the U.S citizens, so it's not as big as people think. In fact, to me, any debt owed to the citizens shouldn't be considered debt at all. Basically, what happens is that the citizens put their money into savings and banks, the government uses them without paying it back, the government uses these to benefit the citizens, I guess you can say it's sort of a hidden tax.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

It has been shown that the looters were Cambodians(go to a site called eastbound88 to see how we learned about this), not Vietnamese. The Cambodians are basically the Chinese's lackey, so you can add 2 and 2 together.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Putin arrives in China for historic trade deal including a gas pipeline.Both parties said to trade in own currencies and decouple from the US-Petro Dollar. Same day Russian and China start joint Naval Exercises. So whats the message?

www.presstv.ir...

If someone could embed? Thank you in advance.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Vietnam kicked France's butt, they held their own with the Japanese and they kicked our butt. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I was thinking the same thing Wrabbit. The Vietnamese have a lot of experience fighting powerful armies, and they have proven they can hold their own. The Vietnam War was a living hell, ask any veteran who fought there.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized
a reply to: MrSpad

What are you talking about? Why are you spreading misinformation? China, and Russia, are about to sign a pipeline deal, that has been 10 years in the making.

And now, on what could be the literal eve of that deal, they are going to play war footsie? And screw that all up? Right.

Not every nation is obsessed with war. Grow up.

When is the last time a trade deal stopped two nations from playing war footsie? Did it help Ukraine with Russia? And what part would you call misinformation? That China and Vietnam have not clashed at sea and that tensions are on the way up very fast? Or that Vietnam is not a Russian partner state and vital to its arms markets and strategic position? What I am giving are facts. How the scerio plays out is anybodies guess but, if you do not think Russia and China are going have to deal with each other down the road you are fooling yourself.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I have no idea how many troops China has on the move.......but 500,000 US troops couldn't subdue half of the current Vietnam.....they better send lots more than that....Those Viets know how to fight, and China is their Historical enemy......don't look for any quarter from Vietnam....they'll make out just fine....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The US have made their own bed. A few weeks ago I was catching up on the world news and in every story the US was telling XYZ how to behave or act. Whether it was the US stoking up Ukraine and telling Russia to do nothing or telling the Chinese about their backyard. From memory they were also warning brazil and Argentina all in one day.

I don't think anyone voted the US to be the fourth reich

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Some posters have also forgotten the Sino-Vietnamese War. Then again both sides claimed victory although that's a matter of perspective.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Question what is Gold valued in?

When paper fiat currencies fail (and they always do), gold is the collateral to borrow or loan money against when starting over.

What happens when that valuation is destroyed?

Gold can't be destroyed. It is universally recognized and does not rust or rot. An ounce is an ounce is an ounce no matter what country you bring it to.

Thats called intrinsic value. Paper money on the other hand (or credit) is worthless in that regard. Unless it is backed by gold.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join