It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cost of Disney Amusement Parks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Oh come on. I know things are expensive and corporations have people that need to get paid and all ... but what family can afford this stuff?

$100 for a one day Disney Land pass, plus $16 for parking, plus water and lunch, dinner.
$80 for a one day Busch Gardens pass, plus $10 parking, plus water and lunch, dinner.
$60 for a one day Hershey Park pass plus $12 parking plus water and lunch,dinner
$49 for a one day Six Flags NJ ticket, plus parking (couldn't find the price), plus water and lunch, dinner.

I"m sure there are more out there, but I just used these for comparison.

You have to pay a hundred dollars just to walk through the front gate of Disney. That's after paying $16 to park the car. And of course you have to eat and drink. And the kids will want something to take home with them, like a mouse ear hat. What family with little kids can afford this?
I mean ... comeon!

I've been to Florida Disney, California Disney and Tokyo Disney. I really liked going. But is it worth a $100 ticket per person now just to get inside? For a family of four, a one day at Disney costs at least $416 ... and that's if they don't eat or drink anything from the park.

I should note that I really like Hershey Park. It's less expensive and it's very clean and family orientated. We've been to Busch Gardens VIrginia. It was dumpy. No gardens. And the stuffed animals you could try to win were not plush ... they were cheapo things.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

heard a lot about this yesterday, I think they don't want poor people to come..Its that simple. If you can only afford a ticket that is not good enough for them, they need you to spend money in the park as well. So by making it only affordable to the upper class, its insuring the sales of the food and merchandize (which is already outrageous enough as it is, 12 dollar beers......I mean, cmon!)

Its bogus, and I hope it gets on a lot of peoples nerves to where its boycotted until they change. (highly doubtful though)

I should add I am a huge fan of Dinseyland. My girlfriend and I love the place. But its not fair they keep raising the price .

Thanks for keeping us informed as always !
edit on 19-5-2014 by Thisbseth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
At the rate they are going, my poor kids will never see Disney as long as I have to pay for it! I was spoiled, attending grade school in FL, so I had a lot of school trips there. But my girls want to go so badly, however, just entry in the park would set me back $500, no food, water, and the expense to get there included!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

We were talking about this the other week after seeing ads for Disney in FL
One had better be prepared to spend serious money for a 3 day weekend for a family of 4
Plus you know the souvenirs are costly as well & what family is not gonna buy t-shirts, hats, etc.

It clearly eliminates the lower class people, to be sure
Such a shame too....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Oh yeah I agree I got my kid there in 2006 while she still believed in stuff...it was %50 cheaper back then.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well while i sounds out rageous at first, you can get there at 9 and leave whenever you like, which is upto somthig like 10 hours.

10 bucks an hour for fun (assuming you enjoy it) suddenly doesnt sound bad at all. How much does paintballing cost for an hour?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
They keep charging more each year because when they do their survey and ask if you think it was worth what you paid and people say yes. As long as people say they are satisfied they will keep raising the price. I do not think it is worth it, we went back in October and it was my first time. But I was not impressed by the place. Just a bunch of stuff that has been there since the 90s I mean the Michael Jackson ride has been there forever. You would think that they would update the place with all the money it makes. We got lucky and a friend that lives down there got us the tickets so we didn't have to pay for much. If I spent the money that it would have cost us I would have been even more disappointed with the place. We went to magic kingdom and Hollywood studio.
Disney is supposed to be an innovative place that does new stuff and creates new technologies but their theme parks are like going back in time to crappie looking displays and tired looking fake anomotronics.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I go to disney with the family probably once a year.
It's pricey!

We get a Florida Resident discount. But yes. It's dang expensive.
Especially with food, gas, hotel and everything else rolled in.

It will get to the point where only the well to do will be able to afford Disney.
And I'll bet you they will still make enough money.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Hiy a FF...how are you? Sad thing is the ads get the kids hyped up to want to go, and they dont understand the costs associated. Im sure this was the intention all along. To get parents to "not like the kids down". After all. The kids dont understand.

Great marketing by the parks. Ya think???

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We go about once a year as well. We went for 10 days back in January and the cost comes down per day. Our tickets on the 10th day were $5 a person (to go to any park). My wife has it down to a science, she buys gift cards through out the year and always finds the deals on the hotels and free dining plans. We recently just bought into the Disney DVC (Disney's timeshare option) which works for us. If my wife didn't keep everything in line there is no way we could afford it. Just the food for 3 people would have been almost $1K.

JT

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
With 3 boys, there is absolutely no way we will ever be able to afford Disneyworld for our kids. Not unless we win the lottery, and since we are too frugal to buy lottery tickets, I'm guessing that won't happen either. Ha ha ha...

However, we are fortunate that we have a small, affordable theme park just an hour away in Oklahoma City called Frontier City. It's a nice little park that is small enough that a person can ride everything they want to ride in one day and there are often concerts in the evenings which are free with paid park admission (I got to watch Rick Springfield sing Jesse's Girl last time I went!). If I bought our tickets online (cheaper), our entire family (2 adults and 3 tween/teens) could walk in the gate for $123. Food and drinks are pricey there. The last time I went was about 4 years ago, and I think a beer was $5, a basket of chicken strips was $10 or $15, and water was $3 or $4 per bottle. Pricey, but not totally outrageous. It makes for a nice, fun day-trip for the kids and if we decide to spend the night, there are lots of reasonable places to stay nearby and a Cracker Barrel, Sonic and McDonald's right up the road.

We are also close to Six Flags in Ft. Worth, TX. This park is just too big for me. I really don't want to spend multiple days in an amusement park waiting in crazy long lines for the rides and over-paying for food. And SeaWorld in San Antonio was a let-down for me when my folks took us (I was 15). I can view all the sea creatures I like, much closer to home, by going to the Oklahoma State Aquarium.

Disney may be EVERYWHERE - I realize our children's lives are absolutely permeated with Disney - but I think you can get better value for your money if you look around at some of the smaller, lesser known parks. JMHO....

Thank goodness we have all boys and they all think princesses are yucky!!!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You're right about Hersheypark. Cleanest amusement park I have ever been to. Ive been in quite a few from coast to coast. I was dragged there last summer by my gf and her kids. I refused to go to Dutch Wonderland, though.

They are planning a Disney trip over Christmas. Price tag could pay for a decent used car. Not going back to the House of Mouse, personally.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Disney sucks. Even if the parks were reasonably priced and not an utter complete rip-off, they would still suck...!

Touristy rip-off madness. Hours spent wandering, paying, queueing and then paying and queueing just a bit more. And all for nothing, really. Kids don't learn much, it's just fake nonsense.

If I was going to spend a few weeks in Florida, Orlando would be the very last place I'd be headed.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear
I refused to go to Dutch Wonderland,

That's more for really little kids.

Hershey Park is great. It's reasonable in comparison price. It's clean. It's family. Lines for rides aren't long at all. And it's got lots of chocolate. We used to go a bunch before I got sick. I'd recommend Hershey over Disney any time.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

They aren't forcing you to go to the park.

Why not go camping or go some place less expensive.

There are ways to have fun without spending tons of $$$$$$$.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Last time i wind to Disney Land in Ca, I think it was like $26 to get in with a Ca i.d. (It would cost a little more for people who didn't live in the area) The place was filthy and run down and you had to wait in line for 1-2 hours per ride. You could spend all day but only hit a few rides because most of the time was spent standing in outrageously long lines. No way in hell would i spend $100 for hat. $26 is even a bit much due to all the waiting in line you have to do.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
We took my kiddo to Disney in California. We literally planned for the trip for an entire year before we even got out here. Not having to stay in a hotel helped, as did getting them through the military ticket source. But even then, it was still ridiculously priced. And like you mentioned, the parking, food, and souvenirs make the price tag go up and up. I wanted my kid to get to have this experience at least once in her life, and now she has. We won't be going back most likely, although we MIGHT hit up Disney in Florida, but I seriously doubt it.

What kills me about places like Disney is that you spend 90% of your time walking and waiting in line. Walk to rides, wait in line. Walk to food, wait in line. Waiting and waiting and walking. Consumerism at its finest.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
We took my kiddo to Disney in California. We literally planned for the trip for an entire year before we even got out here. Not having to stay in a hotel helped, as did getting them through the military ticket source. But even then, it was still ridiculously priced. And like you mentioned, the parking, food, and souvenirs make the price tag go up and up. I wanted my kid to get to have this experience at least once in her life, and now she has. We won't be going back most likely, although we MIGHT hit up Disney in Florida, but I seriously doubt it.

What kills me about places like Disney is that you spend 90% of your time walking and waiting in line. Walk to rides, wait in line. Walk to food, wait in line. Waiting and waiting and walking. Consumerism at its finest.

Again it's people who accept the nonsense are the blame not the company.

In your rant you said you may visit a different park. Wow. (rolling my eyes!)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I quit supporting the amusement parks a long time ago. I would not mind the ten dollars an hour for entertainment were it not for spending at least half that time sweating my nuts off in some ungodly long line with no shade, usually surrounded by people with no sense of personal hygiene....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

You can probably relate to this:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join