It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

Well thanks (I guess) for writing your views for a simpleton like me.

Don't agree.

If someone told me that the most significant thing I've done (and in the world at the time) was a lie (especially when witness by the world, the run-up was documented with failures, and enemy nations even saw it as it was --real), then thought I should just chuckle...well it would make me wonder what the heck was the other guy's problem.
edit on 5/20/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I wanted the focus to be off of that event.
Why? So that Sibrel would look like a victim?

Sibrel made (or tried to anyway) a career of lying about the Apollo landings. Yes, that is offensive to the astronauts as well as everyone else who was involved in the program.

I can see why the astraunouts would be angry, the guy is very offensive, but what causes them to look so...guilty.

Why not a bored reaction, YES WE DID WALK ON THE MOON>>>AGAIN>OK! Why not stick you hand on the bible and say yes i walked on the moon, kind of leaves the guy no where to go and would ruin his video completely.

I have only yet watched a few minutes but as of this point I find their eyes to read guilt and their response to be not fitting with someone who is being wronged.

If as I have always believed, they went to the Moon, but not when they said they did, in order to make Russia and the world believe they were already there first then these guys would probably feel bad that they did have to fool the public, they are not the ones at fault for any deception, they would have been sworn to secrecy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Why not stick you hand on the bible and say yes i walked on the moon, kind of leaves the guy no where to go and would ruin his video completely.

Two of them did (Cernan and Mitchell). Didn't stop Sibrel, so Mitchell booted his ass onto the street.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: Char-Lee
Why not stick you hand on the bible and say yes i walked on the moon, kind of leaves the guy no where to go and would ruin his video completely.

Two of them did (Cernan and Mitchell). Didn't stop Sibrel, so Mitchell booted his ass onto the street.

Guess i need to watch the rest when i get the chance :-)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

I know. I posted, way back in my OP - that Sibrel shouldn't have resorted to name-calling and Aldrin was understandably angry. He got in his face and called him names and literally wouldn't let Aldrin walk off the door step. We all understand this and that's why I added the disclaimer in my OP discussiong this instance and asking viewers to discuss the myriad of other interviews/stalkings included in the YouTube video. So, how many other people did he call a coward? I'll hang up and listen because your post makes it seem like he did that to every astronaut - which is NOT the case.
edit on 20-5-2014 by cestrup because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

One of whom stated he didn't believe in the Bible so he threw out his sworn testimony right then and there. Why didn't you include that, Rob48? Don't go all "Sibrel" on us now

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

Don't agree.

If someone told me that the most significant thing I've done (and in the world at the time) was a lie (especially when witness by the world, the run-up was documented with failures, and enemy nations even saw it as it was --real), then thought I should just chuckle...well it would make me wonder what the heck was the other guy's problem.

So you're admittedly insecure and would worry what one man thinks of your acheivment? Who gives a *&%$? It's not like Sibrel's piece was played on 60 Minutes. It barely has over 100k YouTube hits in how many years? How sensitive are our astronauts? Maybe they should have just sent some high maintenance, hot women up there for America's first "Real Housewives of Apollo".

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup

One of whom stated he didn't believe in the Bible so he threw out his sworn testimony right then and there. Why didn't you include that, Rob48? Don't go all "Sibrel" on us now

He said he didn't believe in it but he still did it. I don't believe in God either but I would still swear on a bible if some nutter wanted me to. If they think putting your hand on a leather-bound slab of dead tree makes your words more valid then why not indulge them?

Who gives a *&%$? It's not like Sibrel's piece was played on 60 Minutes. It barely has over 100k YouTube hits in how many years?

It's not just YouTube though.

To discuss his films, he has appeared and been interviewed on The Daily Show, Geraldo, NBC, CNN, FOX, Tech TV, Coast to Coast, and The Abrams Report. Articles featuring Mr. Sibrel's films have been published in Time Magazine, USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The L.A. Times and many others.

sibrel.com...

Like it or not, Sibrel is one of the most visible proponents of the hoax theory.
Of course, despite trumpeting on his own website (above) just how many TV shows he has been on, at the same time he argues that he is being censored! From the description of the video I posted back on page 2...

Award winning filmmaker Bart Sibrel debuts, for the first time ever
on national television, his one-of-a-kind, newly discovered,
unedited outtakes of fake photography from the first mission to the
moon. The audience gasps in unison as they see for themselves
the heartbreaking footage which proves that the moon missions
were a cold war deception.

Even though the talk show "Unscrewed" was the number one rated
program on the entire "Tech TV" network and had a viewership that
increased by an amazing fifty percent every thirty days, the
program was mysterious cancelled by executives just weeks after
they aired this condemning footage without prior permission.
Insiders say that it was a warning to all other networks to never
again broadcast this embarrassing proof that America lied to the
world about the moon missions.

To this day, this has been the one and only television broadcast
of this incredible footage. As many as five other networks
have paid substantial licensing fees to debut this footage,
yet all were subsequently forbidden from doing so at the last hour.

Anyone want to count up the lies in that lot?

edit on 20-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I've watched his interviews and they treat him like a nutter. So, that's not exactly going for him no is it? Every, single one on mainstream media basically was a character assassination. I don't see how this supports your argument.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Don't agree.

So you're admittedly insecure and would worry what one man thinks of your acheivment? Who gives a *&%$? It's not like Sibrel's piece was played on 60 Minutes. It barely has over 100k YouTube hits in how many years? How sensitive are our astronauts? Maybe they should have just sent some high maintenance, hot women up there for America's first "Real Housewives of Apollo".

Where did I "admit" being insecure anything like that?
I'm proud about (most) of what I've done and yes would think someone saying I never did that may have something a bit off about them.

If you want to provoke, know what you might be in for here.

This isn't about attacking fellow posters, to remind you.

I was just saying that I would think those who said I didn't do what I DID do witnessed by the world, no less..would do a bit more than chuckle or look bored.
It is a huge part of their identity and the nation's as well.
They have a right to be proud (more than any of us on ATS, I'd wager, about what they have accomplished--oh, I forgot all the saviors and prophets)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I don't believe in God either but I would still swear on a bible if some nutter wanted me to. If they think putting your hand on a leather-bound slab of dead tree makes your words more valid then why not indulge them?

i would too, even though agnostic, if it made others feel that made me more moral, ethical or truthful---something I often find lacking in the loudest proselytizers--although I am truthful anyways. (not being --not worth it--more problems than ever wanted--and yeah, just bad karma).

Completely unrelated, I am starting to really hate my worn out caps button.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Take it easy, man. I was trying to make a point.

"If you want to provoke, know what you might be in for here."

What does this mean? Have you not seen how many have insulted me or provoked me? Is this a threat? If so, I don't want to continue talking to you. No offense...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Where have I EVER seen you besides this thread? Show where I have insulted you.

Or provoked (beyond outright disagreeing with you)

I was (and am) thinking more of the debates season here on ATS.

But if thinking looking at facts vs opinion is a threat, so be it...

Not really worth it here IMO...it's fairly a weak thread, premise, and the following responses..well speak for themselves.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I never said you insulted me. This is getting ridiculous. That statement in quotations is YOURS from a few posts up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

The one that quoted you or Rob?

Or the fact I mentioned the word "provoke " after you asked if I was so insecure?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Don't agree.

Where did I "admit" being insecure anything like that?
I'm proud about (most) of what I've done and yes would think someone saying I never did that may have something a bit off about them.

If you want to provoke, know what you might be in for here.

This isn't about attacking fellow posters, to remind you.

I was just saying that I would think those who said I didn't do what I DID do witnessed by the world, no less..would do a bit more than chuckle or look bored.
It is a huge part of their identity and the nation's as well.
They have a right to be proud (more than any of us on ATS, I'd wager, about what they have accomplished--oh, I forgot all the saviors and prophets)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I never said you insulted me. This is getting ridiculous. That statement in quotations is YOURS from a few posts up.

What does this mean? Have you not seen how many have insulted me or provoked me? Is this a threat? If so, I don't want to continue talking to you. No offense...

..Um ok.

So sure you never said that.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Like I said

Not really worth it here IMO...it's fairly a weak thread, premise, and the following responses..well speak for themselves.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I think you're trying to get me to insult you. I won't go that route but I'm growing tired of this charade. If you can't understand that I'm insinuating that I've been insulted by many (other posters) in this thread, then I don't know what else to tell you. But, I do think it's time to stop responding to this nonsense because it has successfully derailed this thread.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

The interesting thing is that both things may be true, the Astronauts faked a Moon landing and walk and they also went to the Moon, I believe this is what happened.

It is unfortunate that this interviewer could not show and continue to show respect. the Astronaut who gave him an answer to every question tried very hard to be nice no matter what he said, there was no need for his offensive attacks.

Personally I don't believe in swearing on a bible so i would say no to that.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join