It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: Rob48

Men walking on another heavenly body is an outlandish claim. Outside of Apollo, who else..?? Nevermind.

When I'm not busy here at work I'll definitely make a thread. Parallax - get ready, Robbie! Oops, I already said too much. But, I'll have some answers to your gif of the moonscape as well. This thread may take some time so stay patient.

?????? It's the moon. It's in our back yard. It orbits our planet and is but a short step over. And this is somehow 'outlandish'???

Gosh, you make it sound so easy. Someone must have done this with today's tech, right?? Oh, they haven't. Oh, they did it when computers had less tech than a solar powered calculator? But don't you dare question it. Science, bros!!

Yes, science. Science got them into space, science got them to the moon, science got them onto the moon and science got them off it and then got them back to Earth. Science also allowed us to track them all the way there and back.
And by the way, the atomic bomb was designed and created with tech that was even simpler. Enigma was cracked with the aid of simple tech.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: AlphaHawk

Why would I care? If I knew it to be true then what does it matter if AlphaHawk doesn't believe me? To go along with Apollo - most people believe me and the history books certainly teach that what I did, was indeed true. So why would I give a flying $#$# what you think?

whats your proudest accomplishment?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

a reply to: Rob48

Men walking on another heavenly body is an outlandish claim. Outside of Apollo, who else..?? Nevermind.

When I'm not busy here at work I'll definitely make a thread. Parallax - get ready, Robbie! Oops, I already said too much. But, I'll have some answers to your gif of the moonscape as well. This thread may take some time so stay patient.

?????? It's the moon. It's in our back yard. It orbits our planet and is but a short step over. And this is somehow 'outlandish'???

Gosh, you make it sound so easy. Someone must have done this with today's tech, right?? Oh, they haven't. Oh, they did it when computers had less tech than a solar powered calculator? But don't you dare question it. Science, bros!!

You really don't need much computing power to control space flight. The equations are pretty damn simple: you have a lot fewer forces acting on you than you do on Earth. Kepler came up with the basic equations for orbital mechanics in 1609, more than four centuries ago, with no computers at all.

If the Russians could launch a probe on a four-month journey to make a soft landing on Venus in 1970, with no humans on board to make the flight corrections, then why couldn't the US launch a capsule to the Moon in 1969? Did computer power really come on that much in one year? Venus is rather a lot further away than the Moon, and getting there is more complicated.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos
a reply to: cestrup

why dont you go up to some war veteren/hero and tell them they never went to war??

wouldnt it be funny to them also? i mean why would they get angry if they really went to war and earned a medal of honour and someone didnt believe them??

Somebody already tried this logical trap. No thanks

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Oh, so you're getting angry? You must be a full-on liar then otherwise why would you care what I thought?

See how that works? Probably not, but I took a shot.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

why dont you go up to some war veteren/hero and tell them they never went to war??

wouldnt it be funny to them also? i mean why would they get angry if they really went to war and earned a medal of honour and someone didnt believe them??

Somebody already tried this logical trap. No thanks

why not try a real war hero then? scared?

i mean according to your logic, the war hero will just laugh at you.. even after persisting that he is a liar.. he should still laugh..
edit on 20-5-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MrDesolate

I figured you'd be intelligent enough to know I was using "sarcasm". Guess not...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

a reply to: AlphaHawk

Why would I care? If I knew it to be true then what does it matter if AlphaHawk doesn't believe me? To go along with Apollo - most people believe me and the history books certainly teach that what I did, was indeed true. So why would I give a flying $#$# what you think?

I explained in calm and reasoned words in this post why it is that the hoaxers make me angry. Whether that is part of why the astronauts are angry, well I couldn't speak for them. But I wouldn't be surprised if this modern phenomenon of trying to belittle science and throw out rational thought is a big part of what gets them wound up.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Apparently, that's something else you're not very good at.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

You're comparing a man going through war, where he may have witnessed no deaths or literally thousands (possibly close friends) to a man who went through the space program and then to the moon. If you cannot see why this isn't fair then I cannot engage in any more conversation with you. I fell for this trap earlier and I'm not going to again. Shame on me if I did...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

You're comparing a man going through war, where he may have witnessed no deaths or literally thousands (possibly close friends) to a man who went through the space program and then to the moon. If you cannot see why this isn't fair then I cannot engage in any more conversation with you. I fell for this trap earlier and I'm not going to again. Shame on me if I did...

sacrifices were made, both endangered their own lives.. lives were lost in the apollo program as well.. or are you suggesting flying to the moon is not dangerous?

if this wont make you happy then why dont you go up to some NRL star and tell him he never played footbal in his life, and keep telling him he is a liar.. see how that goes for you..

p.s. why did you ignore my request for your greatest and proudest achievement?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
You know the astronauts who went to the moon did it on the shoulders of men like the crew of Apollo1 who died in a launch fire?

No, I'm sure that was made up, too.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MrDesolate

Jeez, man. lol, you've done nothing but attack ME since you've joined this thread. How does this guy get special treatment? Is this not proof that Apollo is a Sacred Cow? He's literally done nothing to engage in this thread and has focused on calling me stupid and that's it. Why is that allowed? Oh, because I question the moon landings. Gotcha!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrDesolate
You know the astronauts who went to the moon did it on the shoulders of men like the crew of Apollo1 who died in a launch fire?

No, I'm sure that was made up, too.

No, according to the hoax crowd, they were murdered because they were going to blow the whistle on the hoax

And people wonder why astronauts would get angry...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So now you're comparing Apollo to WW2? I wouldn't go there and I won't.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So now you're comparing Apollo to WW2? I wouldn't go there and I won't.

im not comparing apollo to ww2.. any war hero will do.. doesnt need to be ww2..

if you dont want to then go up so a professional athlete and tell them they dont know how to play their respective sport.. and keep telling them they are a liar.. dont be afraid.. as you say nothing will happen to you..

p.s. are you trying to say that flying to the moon is NOT dangerous???

pps what is your greatest and proudest life accomplishment??

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I've tried to look at this different ways, but I just cannot seem to see where you are coming from.

is there something you don't feel recognized for?

Do you see any human accomplishment just as basic as any other--like say, brushing your teeth?

just a couple of the many questions i could list that go through my head...

simply trying to wrap my head around.
edit on 5/20/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: yes my caps button is nearly worn out.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Let me try to make this as simple as possible:

An Apollo Astronaut has a vast majority of the public behind their accomplishments, history books, government, you name it - it's on their side. WHY WOULD THEY GET ANGRY THAT ONE GUY WITH A VIDEO CAMERA DOESN'T BELIEVE THEM? Each almost reacted in an identical way. Not only that, but he made a few of them look as if they didn't know what they were talking about.

So, we look at anger as a weakness or defense mechanism. In a lot of cases, it is. Rarely does a human benefit from becoming anger because we part ways with reason (what keeps us grounded). Anger effects our motor skills and rarely adds to anything, mostly detracts. I tried to make this concept simple.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

wow what a jerk. Sibrel needs to find a real job.

This guy is an example of everything wrong with some conspiracy theorists. Idiots looking for money by causing controversy and hype.

I was happy to see him punched by Aldrin.

It was pretty sweet to see him punched by an old man after he called Aldrin a coward thinking he was safe from a very human and well deserved response.

The idea of the "moon landing hoax" is absurd. Disinformation and distraction if ever there was. Its actually an old play from an outdated book.

Please, Find another gimmick Sibrel.

edit on 5 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

He called him a coward.

Have you ever met anyone from that generation?

Thats like calling a woman the C word or an african american the N word now.

The people in their generation who were seen as cowards were a threat to the group. They would stay home and steal peoples wives while others were fighting in world wars. They would lie and cheat to get out of responsibilities...ect. Being called a coward was just about the biggest insult to them.

You know very little of the nuances of that generation.

Those are fighting words to them.

edit on 5 20 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join