It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would the astronauts be offended by a hoax...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It seems as the apollo defenders carry many of the same traits as these astronauts. Very defensive and quick to call names. Wouldn't have anything to do with being insecure that you may have been duped, would it? I don't expect an honest answer.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: cestrup

If I trained for something and did what a very few EVER can say they did, only to be told "pffft, no you didn't", personally I'd feel like punching the guy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
It seems as the apollo defenders carry many of the same traits as these astronauts. Very defensive and quick to call names. Wouldn't have anything to do with being insecure that you may have been duped, would it? I don't expect an honest answer.

I see. So - insults. How refreshing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

If I trained for something and did what a very few EVER can say they did, only to be told "pffft, no you didn't", personally I'd feel like punching the guy.

Really? Even if it was something as extraordinary as going to the moon? If I made an outlandish claim, and even if I actually did it - I'd be quite the jerk if I punched people that didn't believe me. That just sounds ridiculous.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I said I'd feel that way, not that I'd do it.

But hell yeah, I'd be very offended that one of the most important things I would have done in my life and for the country was met with "no you didn't".

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chamberf=6

Really? Even if it was something as extraordinary as going to the moon? If I made an outlandish claim, and even if I actually did it - I'd be quite the jerk if I punched people that didn't believe me. That just sounds ridiculous.

How is it an outlandish claim? The Apollo programme is one of the best documented engineering projects of the 20th century! Just about any detail you could possibly want to know about it is openly and freely available. The outlandish claims come from Sibrel, White and co.

PS you mentioned yesterday that you were starting another thread... something to do with Mars? I can't see it.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Men walking on another heavenly body is an outlandish claim. Outside of Apollo, who else..?? Nevermind.

When I'm not busy here at work I'll definitely make a thread. Parallax - get ready, Robbie! Oops, I already said too much. But, I'll have some answers to your gif of the moonscape as well. This thread may take some time so stay patient.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't get it.

It can be outlandish that men walked on the moon in a very public and documented way, but people traipsing on Mars isn't?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Men walking on another heavenly body is an outlandish claim. Outside of Apollo, who else..?? Nevermind.

When I'm not busy here at work I'll definitely make a thread. Parallax - get ready, Robbie! Oops, I already said too much. But, I'll have some answers to your gif of the moonscape as well. This thread may take some time so stay patient.

?????? It's the moon. It's in our back yard. It orbits our planet and is but a short step over. And this is somehow 'outlandish'???

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm sure this has been pointed out already, but I'm going to say what I'm going to say anyway, to reinforce your logic fail.

Why are they offended?

Let's put it in a perspective you might be able to understand

Imagine if a whole bunch of strangers told you that your biggest accomplishment you've ever achieved, and will ever achieve in your life, didn't happen.

You'd laugh at it would you?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

What a strawman!?! I won't even go there. It's a TRAP, people!!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AlphaHawk

Do you have video of a whole bunch of strangers? In the video it's one guy and a camera man that never speaks. So, there's your logical fail. NEXT

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

?????? It's the moon. It's in our back yard. It orbits our planet and is but a short step over. And this is somehow 'outlandish'???

Gosh, you make it sound so easy. Someone must have done this with today's tech, right?? Oh, they haven't. Oh, they did it when computers had less tech than a solar powered calculator? But don't you dare question it. Science, bros!!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Never ending unintentional comedy, which is the best kind. The same people who believe we never landed on the moon are frequently the same ones who believe in aliens and lizard people running the world.

How do you have any sort of discussion with people like that?

Rhetorical question. Actually you nod and smile, and back slowly away.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I'm speaking about people like you.

If I came up to you and claimed that your greatest achievement didn't happen, you'd be offended, right?

edit on 20-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

You should probably give up. You can't possibly dumb it down enough. Not with examples or drawings and finger puppets.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Why would I care? If I knew it to be true then what does it matter if AlphaHawk doesn't believe me? To go along with Apollo - most people believe me and the history books certainly teach that what I did, was indeed true. So why would I give a flying $#$# what you think?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: MrDesolate

Why engage like this? How did this thread insult you so much to react in this demeanor? How is it, if you're on the side of Apollo - you can get away with T&C violations but I've had two posts deleted where I didn't even insult the person?

That, folks is why Apollo is a Sacred Cow. This guy can call me dumb and that I couldn't possibly understand the intellect and reasoning of another poster because I believe in Lizard Kings. How insulting? I am refraining from going "full astronaut" on this guy.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

why dont you go up to some war veteren/hero and tell them they never went to war??

wouldnt it be funny to them also? i mean why would they get angry if they really went to war and earned a medal of honour and someone didnt believe them??

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Idiots think what they think. No one cares. You can't have a discussion with a halfwit. Accosting and annoying people in public is a whole other deal.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join