It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Smart Gun Maker Filed Patent for Remote Kill Switch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Its a danger because of insidious laws like New Jersey has, NJ's 2002 law could take effect soon.

The law, which requires the state’s gun dealers to exclusively sell smart guns within three years after the first one hits the market, has been largely forgotten since the Legislature adopted it in 2002 - See more at: www.northjersey.com...

New Jersey’s law inspired similar legislation in California that, if passed, would require all guns sold in that state to be owner-authorized within two years of the first such product hitting the market. And versions of the same requirement have been proposed several times in Congress, including in bills introduced in 1999, 2001 and 2005 by U.S. Rep. Bill Pascrell Jr., D-Paterson, and one sponsored in May by Rep. John Tierney, D-Mass. - See more at: www.northjersey.com...

Statist's will loudly claim they are respecting you 2nd amendment rights "see you can have a gun!" while at the same time snickering behind your back "but we can turn it off anytime we want!"

If a system can talk to your gun to "shut it down" who's to say in turn, that your gun talks back, such as anytime its fired or taken from your recorded residence.

Who do we think will ultimately control the "kill switch" ??? this technology is a statists dream if I've ever seem one.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
2 words... faraday cage.
lol I can see crooks wrapping tin foil around their guns...
remote kill switch is a useless ideal!

edit on 19-5-2014 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
only use i could see is for people like mall guards etc not to be able to use the 'works' gun outside of shift times etc so you clock in and the gun activates and when you clock off it deactivates

but given that it'll take 30 seconds to bypass the lock and you'll probably be able to do it with a couple of paperclips and duct tape

<< 1   >>

join