It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
"The 'miracle' in the OP can be explained by a placebo effect technically"

So? We did not even understand the placebo effect. Scientist cloud the fact that they dont understand the placebo effect by simplifying it.

In a way everything is a miracle. But we tend to think that the miracle vanishes only because we see some "cause and effect". But every cause has a cause we don´t understand.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: iosolomon

Don't worry, Iosolomom. If, and when, Jesus returns I'm sure everyone WILL know who he is. He will have so much radiance there will be no denying it.

And, according to the Christian beliefs, we will see him coming in the clouds. I don't think we could confuse him with a regular human.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I don't know.. I know some nice looking people who are absolutely twisted and wretched on the inside.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

If I'm correct (and I'll see as I read on through the comments if I am), the double slit light wave-particle duality doesn't exactly tell us that consciousness determines reality... though it doesn't refute it, necessarily, either.

The thing I find dangerous about the placebo effect and implications that the mind controls the body is the resultant logic that sick people "wished" it on themselves and if they change their thought patterns, then they would get healthy.

Bad thoughts creating some sickness is a fact... but not ALL sickness is "psychosomatic." Happy people can, and do, get cancer and if nobody told a baby they would age and die, I'm betting they would age and die ... and would catch colds, etc., regardless of beliefs.

Not to say there isn't a huge connection between thought and our bodies... I believe there IS... just that it isn't the whole picture (or maybe the thoughts of bacteria colonies, evil spirits and cancer cells get their due, too?).

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

Basically what the book The Secret is about. or is it? Idk it just reminded me of that book for some reason. Anyways though I heard a different yet similar story on ATS about this, it is pretty cool but someone did say its all just theories not fact. Id like to believe its true though. Nice

It reminds me The Secret too!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
*tries projecting myself from 171 cm to 188 cm*

I've been trying for years. It's not working. Maybe if all of you projected your consciousness on me they can work together.
edit on 20-5-2014 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLegend

it will not work if you don´t 100 percent believe in its possibility. And it wont work if others believe in it for you...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

So reading this article would also have an effect on the eventual outcome!

Hmmm

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

So reading this article would also have an effect on the eventual outcome!

Hmmm

yes!!!!!

Everything can be a permission slip to be more of yourself.

Everything can serve as a suggestion or a distraction, depending on the definitions you have.
Thats why a thread like this is powerful. Because it can serve to act like an entrance for those who until now have not really allowed them-selfs to believe that consciousness is part of the equation.

So: Ats has many powerful effects on expansion and also many powerful effects on ignorance. Because right now: You can see a balance on Ats...There are many suggestions what invite to stay ignorant and there are many suggestions that invite to become more open to all truths..

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

Absolutely! Thank you for your 'enlightened' posts in the thread.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: kauskau

[That is] why a thread like this is powerful, because it can serve to act like an entrance for those who until now have not really allowed [themselves] to believe that consciousness is part of the equation.

So[,] Ats has many powerful effects on expansion and also many powerful effects on ignorance[,] because right now, [y]ou can see a balance on Ats...There are many suggestions [that] invite [one] to stay ignorant and there are many suggestions that invite [one] to become more open to all truths.

This thread is an example of believing people anything that is put in front of them as long as it suits their fancy. That's it.

Every time someone passes off a Dr. Quantum video as evidence, a consciousness loses its wings. It looks like the balance is tipping in the favour of the ignorant.

edit on 20-5-2014 by Aphorism because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

So, then, it would appear we truly are created in God's image.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
If our thoughts truly controlled our health we would not see children and animals dying.

Its pretty clear human children have no concept of death. They have to be taught the subject. Yet every day in the news I read of children dying from a multitude of causes, both instantly and lingering, including death by cancer. This includes newborns who could not possibly understand language to understand our concept of death.

Likewise with animals I don't believe they have any concept of death. Some animals may fear getting eaten by predators, but I sincerely doubt they imagine themselves expiring from anything else. Yet they die anyway.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Frith

What?!

Yes, of course we all come in to this world getting sick, and people DO die. It's the cycle of life.

What we are discussing here is learning how to harness the power of the mind to manipulate the source field where our energy is affected in positive ways, making it heal.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735
a reply to: Frith

What?!

Yes, of course we all come in to this world getting sick, and people DO die. It's the cycle of life.

What we are discussing here is learning how to harness the power of the mind to manipulate the source field where our energy is affected in positive ways, making it heal.

Its my opinion that having no concept of something is as strong a thought as believing in something. A child literally does not think they can die. So following that logic I would think their health should not be negatively affected if their thoughts had any power over it.
edit on 20-5-2014 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

I think these experiments lend credit to the thought that this is all a computer program. I think the fact that observation seems to have some affect on reality is because of the computer saving Processing power. If no one was observing something the computer wouldn't need to "build " it untile someone was there to see it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
We need to see the implications of this. If the human body is a projection of consciousness then that would imply that reality is a projection of thoughts. Consciousness projects Body, Body projects Mind, Mind projects Thoughts, Thoughts project and form Reality. This can be seen as what meditation teaches us to do, but backwards. In the Sutras of India the process of becoming enlightened/Buddah/Christ Consciousness is to devolve our psychical distortions through meditation and mindfulness like so:

1. Someone awakens to the fact that something seems "off" about the Reality they once perceived. This is what the new age movement understands as "Waking up." After one wakes up they begin to search for answers to why they feel so. This is the first step of unveiling the true self.

2. Next, after awakening, someone who advances on the Path will inevitably begin ritual practice of meditation. This leads the practitioner to the next stage, realizing that Thoughts do not come from the mind but are merely like a bird swooping through an open cage. For one to reach the next step they must realize that Thoughts are not their own doing therefore they should not close the cage door and trap the Thought/bird in their Mind/cage. This is why Great Teachers taught not to identify with Thoughts because they will distort your perception/clarity. For non spiritual people the distortion can be seen as "getting frustrated" or "angry" or just responding with intention to any situation in general.

3. After the Thoughts are realized as not the real self, one who advances even further will realize that the Mind itself is not them either, but merely a receiver of suggestions, an antenna to this 3-Dimensional Reality. Once this is fully realized one will begin to think with their heart, or for better understanding "trust their instincts". When the mind is overcome the instincts reveal pure knowledge to the being who has achieved this state on the path.

4. Once the practitioner realizes that they are not the Mind, inevitably the next advancement in realization leads to understanding that the Body is not the true self either but merely a vessel that harnesses and broadcasts the 5 senses to something else, the Consciousness. At this point the practitioner will achieve enlightenment and spiritual powers as the energy channels that were once used for the Thoughts, Mind, and Body are free'd, re-adjusting one into a state of energy mastery. This is how Jesus walked on water, etc.

5. Inevitably once the realization is made that one is neither the Thoughts, Mind, or Body one understands that they are pure Consciousness, pure intelligent nothingness. This is known as merging with God, or being filled with the Holy Spirit, Samadhi, Buddahhood, Christification, etc.

Therefore science leads to an understanding that Consciousness = Body = Mind = Thoughts = The Illusion of Reality.

Spirituality claims that to find God/Your True Inheritance and Self that one must peel ones perceived self like an onion, exposing all layers till nothing is left by reverse order of what science is grasping. Undo your grasp on the Illusion of Reality > Undo the Thoughts that formed it > Undo identifying with the Mind > Undo identifying with the Body > Find your True Self Nature/Pure Consciousness/God.

Scientists are now proving what ancient scriptures have been saying for many thousands of years. Yet a majority of people still think meditation and mindfulness is a bunch of hog wash.

Something for others to ponder I guess.

edit on 20-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
sorry
edit on 20-5-2014 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend
*tries projecting myself from 171 cm to 188 cm*

I've been trying for years. It's not working. Maybe if all of you projected your consciousness on me they can work together.
careful that is against the t&c here. it is a call to action. I thought it would be nice to work together on here and help with the drought in cali this spring but was shut down because it involved everyone doing a randon act of kindness. nevertheless you shall grow a bit if you are astute

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Placebo effect is fascinating situation as is spontaneous recovery. It cannot be explained by minimalist as in relation to there perspective because biologically it is impossible. There are parts of the brain that regulate the organs and in perspective one could consider Tummo as a form that takes advantage of this. Literally there are parts of the brain that regulates the heart, that would be the hypothalamus and the medulla oblongata, should they fail the heart stops.

One way of relating to spontaneous remission is that the brain can interfere with any threat to the body. It does in some percentage of individuals, that percentage is not large but it is measurable.

What is the frequency of spontaneous remission?

The short answer to this question is “nobody knows.” Since there is no organized field of study and no epidemiological information, it is difficult to know how often spontaneous remission occurs. While it is often quoted that spontaneous remission occurs in approximately one in 60,000 to 100,000 cases, it is not clear from where this figure is derived. However, based on the number of incidences of spontaneous remission this author collected in a short period of time, it would appear that the number could easily be 10- to 20-fold greater than what is reported in the medical literature. Also, if we redefine spontaneous remission as outlined above, we might have the necessary tools to determine what kinds of remissions occur and in what types of cancer and in what people with what types of treatment.

Group Support: Dr. David Spiegel’s landmark research study found that breast cancer patients who participated in a support group survived twice as long on the average than those who did not. It is interesting to note that the only kind of psychological technique they used in the support group was self-hypnosis for pain.

Source

Any thoughts

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join