It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence That the Human Body is a Projection of Consciousness

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts
a reply to: Visitor2012

Exactly. Thats why I said earlier you can claim to be one with god but not god. That title belongs to everything.

Agreed! Sorry for misunderstanding you earlier.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBandit795

Deal

PS: I developped my views a bit more in my previous post.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: esteay812
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
Maybe they can... maybe that's why we have a material body...

Makes sense esteay812 the material body provides a different experience then what "OUR" Souls/Spirits/Internal Energies may be originally used to
Following this premise the CREATOR gave us an atom based material experience/LEARN/play time
as we mature in Soul/Spirit/Internal Energy overall...

"MATRIX" made of many many many CREATOR Creations energy projecting...

NAMASTE*******
edit on 5/21/14 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpaceGoatFarts

I know these studies, but they don't constitute a proof the universe is 100% mental for me. This is where we will have to agree to disagree
(but I do find quantum physics fascinating and even work in the particle physics field).

PS: these studies are showing we "create" (hum hum it's actually quite a stretch but anyway) reality when we observe subatomic particles. But it doesn't work at macro scale.

We are still waiting for a theory to unite the quantum theory with the macro scale. So far material reality at normal scale is still independant of our observation because of the law of numbers. When you look at an object you are not looking at one electron but billions, and in that case the rules are a bit different because probabilities become more important than individual, discrete observations... It's a bit complex to understand but the subject is.

It's like when physics acknowledges a single particle can behave in an infinite different ways, but the probablity for a broken glass to come back together is too low for it to happen.

Probabilities for particles and billions of particles are wildly different.

Likewise, it's hard to predict the behaviour of one person, but it's easier to predict the behaviour of a crowd.

They've already begun to correlate it to the macro scale. I've encountered it recently. When I find it again I will let you know.

Edit: found some of it.

New Method To Detect Quantum Mechanical Effects In Ordinary Objects

A groundbreaking Caltech experiment may detect quantum physics where classical mechanics has ruled sovereign.

edit on 21-5-2014 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBandit795

They've already begun to correlate it to the macro scale. I've encountered it recently. When I find it again I will let you know.

Those who do it are guaranteed a Nobel prize

It's a physicist's grail for almost a century now. The most promising things I have read were explaining that quantum theory, when we look at always smaller, does actually not describe the world, but how we observe the world, thus information theory.

Makes sense. In that case, we will never be able to know the universe because we will always be bound by how our brain works, thus by information theory. And thus when we look at the world, we only see our interpretation of it.

And now we go back full circle and the world we experience and see is a mental construct and we will never know its full extent.

Even Greek philosophers already predicted it. Science is only facing its limits now after believing it was all-powerfull

So basically, I'm not surprised if some people think quantum theory means the universe is a projection of the mind. The actual meaning of those studies is that quantum theory only describes how we observe the universe through our brain and tools, thus information theory.
Does that mean the subjective universe is mental? Yes. But we already knew that. Does that mean there is no objective reality? We can not know it for certain. Never. But I believe there is and that thinking we create reality is a lack of humility.
edit on 21-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

I agree with what you are trying to explain. I think people should read up and really think about the Buddhist concept of the Two Truths Doctrine. There is a common issue of people becoming "Spiritual Materialists". This is what happens when people fall into their own universe and confuse it with Ultimate Reality.

The way I see it (after many years of thinking, experiencing, and looking), we all have an "Internal Universe" that is a rough copy of everything we know about the world (only from our own experience). This is created by us and exists only in our heads - this causes some people to claim that they create the entire Universe and that they are God (they actually are God, but just the God of their own "Internal Universe", not Ultimate Reality). This is the place that people go when they Astral Project, Dream, or take certain drugs (mainly Dissociative drugs). You can also see it with will, or a malfunctioning brain - basically whenever your senses are confused and you cannot check your "Internal Universe" with what is being seen in Ultimate Reality.

This "Internal Universe" is created based on the meaning (token, emotional relationship, importance) assigned to each object that you think of as a separate symbol. These individual symbols are then arranged in roughly the place that your mind believes these symbols to be (so when you Astral Project, you might see things in places where you subconsciously think they are whether they are there in Ultimate Reality or not). This "makes the world" around you because you can only experience the world in your own mind - this does not however mean that you can effect other people's "Internal Universe" by just believing something, and it also does not mean that you can change "Ultimate Reality" with thought alone.

The opposite of this (and what Buddhists teach you to see so that you can learn from it) is Ultimate Reality. This is the Reality that Science talks about - the world as it really is, free from meaning (science assigns values, but not meaning, to objects). This is what Buddhists mean by "the world is empty" - it is empty of any inherent meaning in itself. You are the thing that assigns meaning (whatever meaning you choose), but meaning is not a "real" thing. Seeing Ultimate Reality is called Shunyata.

Falling into the trap of believing and understanding only Ultimate or Relative Reality could lead a seeker into 2 different issues. As described in this article on Bodhicitta:

"One tradition distinguishes between relative and absolute (or ultimate) bodhicitta. Relative bodhicitta is a state of mind in which the practitioner works for the good of all beings as if it were his own. Absolute bodhicitta is the wisdom of shunyata (śunyatā, a Sanskrit term often translated as "emptiness", though the alternatives "openness" or "spaciousness" probably convey the idea better to Westerners). The concept of śunyatā in Buddhist thought does not refer to nothingness, but to freedom from attachments and from fixed ideas about the world and how it should be."

All this to try and help explain some helpful Buddhist concepts that should help any seeker of truth. It's not as complicated as some of you want it to be, but it brings with it peace and happiness. Ideas and concepts are not actually real outside of anyone's head. About the Double-Slit experiment? That is being horrendously misinterpreted and has been for a LONG time. When you measure something, you make it behave differently (as stated in this post). This means an interaction with the particle and the detector - that causes the change, not a person looking at it.
edit on 5/21/2014 by philosopheroftruth because: Fixed Hyperlinks

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: philosopheroftruth

100% agree with you

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaceGoatFarts

Good post.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
This makes me think that the Placebo Affect might just be the Quantum Zeno Effect. The effect that human intention has on human health

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ctophil

originally posted by: Kashai
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

If one applies quantum mechanics to the issue of consciousness. It is possible that each of us are a part of some infinite puzzle. The permutations with respect to multiverse theory are incredible.

As there are not just the issue of doppelgangers, in relation to the electron cloud but, as well in relation to the individual Universe we occupy.

One can relate to this in context of each individual life but what of the whole.

Each of us like a facet to a diamond.

Any thoughts?

Namaste, my Brothers and Sisters. Let me begin with some explanations. Then, I will reveal to you all why we are ONE, and we are all connected from a SINGLE Source. The only reason why you perceive each person, animal, plant, or rock as separate from you is because it is an absolute Illusion. It is a flat TV screen with moving pictures. But after all, it is just pictures. Once upon a time, you were sitting outside of this physical world watching this movie on the TV. But as you ponder the significance of being part of this illusion, you stepped right into the TV. Now, it's SO REAL to you that you no longer believe it's just a bunch of moving pictures. You now believe you are living in a Reality when it's still a flat TV screen. My friends, even your body is not real. This so called reality is a projection of your consciousness as the OP presented.

Now, with the image I just painted for you, I will now talk about an interesting puzzle piece that connects us all, even while in an illusory reality. Outside of this reality (before you stepped into the TV screen), you have the TRUE Reality, which I call God's ONE Reality. In God's Reality, you know with all your Heart that you are a piece of God's Consciousness. That God broke a piece of His mind and made you become the individual God being. Those who follow my threads and posts, you already understand this piece of the puzzle.

Let's move it forward to the illusion we live in. Although we seem to be separate with different bodies and personalities, we are still connected through a Unity Consciousness Grid that exists around the Earth. Every single planet in the Universe has this Grid. This Consciousness Grid is connected to the Grid around the Solar System, and its Grid is connected to the Milky Way's Grid. This goes on until you are outside of the Universe we live in. This Universe we live in is just a small and young Universe that is connected to the Super Universes, which are connected to the Omniverse. Everything have Grids that are interconnected with each other.

Everything has a consciousness, even the tiny rock you just stepped on. This rock is connected to the Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid. Otherwise, it wouldn't even exist. Does the rock have its own Grid? You better believe it. What is this Grid I keep talking about? In this 3rd Dimensional World, our memories and events are only recorded in your brain temporarily. The true recording happens in the Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid. This is where every SINGLE event, no matter how small or big, it gets recorded into the Grid (Akashic Records). We may not realize it, but we tap into this Grid on a daily basis. We rely on it to recall long and short term memories. For example, who you are, what is you name, and where do you live. When we "invented" the automobile, it gets recorded into the Grid. When ants are building their homes, it gets recorded into the Grid. If a person somewhere in China created a new dance, suddenly somebody in the west thought of the same dance. If a person started a fashion trend in Indonesia, a person in Canada would start the same if not very similar fashion trend. This is why when one part of the world does something, the other part of the one in some remote island will suddenly realize the same thing. We are all connected. Another name of the Unity Consciousness Grid is Christ Consciousness--this I have mentioned in many of my threads. This is the Universal Mind of God.

What does this Grid look like? Why can't we see it? Well, it's 4th Dimensional. You can't see it unless scientists create special equipment in space to analyze it. Ever heard of the counter rotating Star Tetrahedron (six-sided star in 2D space, 8-sided star in 3D space) that surrounds a person known in ancient times as the Mer-Ka-Ba? The Jews call it the Star of David (on their flag, yes?) Guess what? The Earth's Unity Consciousness Grid is the same thing. The rock mentioned earlier has one. The ants building their home all have one. The Mer-Ka-Ba is more than just a vehicle (much more), it is the Earth's Consciousness connected to each and every one of you. Do you see why We are One? When you return to the 4th Dimension and especially in the 5th, all this stuff we be much clearer to you. Because you will realize that you are a piece of God--flowing and rotating in the beautiful Orchestra of the Universe.

Thank you for taking time to explain this in detailed, Ctophil.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I remember watching a show on TV some time ago, don't remember what it was called, where they detailed random an non-related cases about strange occurrences. One of them described the man who thought a voodoo curse had been placed on him, and he was sick, with no apparent physical reason for it. Everything his doctor attempted, medically, did no good. He even told the patient that his illness was not real, but nothing worked.

If I remember correctly the man thought he had some kind of reptile, like a lizard or something, inside of himself. So the doctor did a fake "procedure" and extracted the thing, although it was just slight of hand. The guy improved almost immediately, because the doctor utilized the patient's belief system to heal him, even though the only thing that was wrong with the patient was his belief that he was sick and was going to die because of a curse.

Now, I think that cases like this are not evidence for manifestation of one's reality. Well in a sense it is, but it just goes to show the power of thought. But the reason that works is because your body can better heal itself when it is in a good condition, when you are in a good, upbeat mood. It probably has to do with the myriad chemicals in one's body, and nothing more.

Now I would think that if manifesting one's reality was really occurring, then a person should be able to materialize matter itself. Healing one's own body, or having their body healed through means that cannot be explained, does not prove anything, simply because the cause for the healing could be scientifically explainable...But it just was not found in those cases. There could have been a perfectly logical scientific explanation.

Now I am not saying science has all the answers at the moment. And I have heard some say that the proof in quantum mechanics of strange occurrences has no bearing on larger pieces of matter, or conglomerations like the human body. Yet what they fail to take into account is that science has yet to link the quantum and standard worlds. So how can one say that quantum effects could not occur with pieces of matter larger than particles?

So while it is highly possible that one can manifest things in their world, I am not convinced that the healing of one's body is proof of this. I remember one time I saw a video that had something to do with manifesting or "finding" money or something like that. Something about money would come to you or whatever. I watched it at night, didn't really put any heart into what the video was discussing, and then went to sleep.

And this is kind of silly, but the next morning I had to stop by the store. I got out of my car and there was a dollar bill lying on the ground. Now of course it was just a dollar, but not one other time can I recall having ever found money, aside from seeing change here or there occasionally. Now that is likely purely coincidental, but it is still worth noting simply because that never happens to me, and when it did it happened to be the one time I watched a video like that. Some would take that as evidence for what is described in this thread, and it may be, but it is hard to prove.

But honestly, even if it cannot be proven, believing in such cannot hurt someone, only help them. At the very least it will give you in a more positive attitude, which can have benefits in itself.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In general Cancer is a disease that results from a failure in Mitosis, this resulting in a non-favorable mutation.

A spontaneous recovery for the sake of argument in the sense of biology means that essentially a persons immune system reacted to the cancer cells as a threat, that is the problem. People die of cancer because the immune system fails to recognize the cancer cells as a threat. The difference between a persons cancer cells and normal cells in a person with cancer cells, are not different enough to cause the immune system to respond.

Therapy in relation to Cancer Patients is significant in the context of a clinical environment. Off hand, I would for the sake of argument present, no reputable cancer treatment facility. Does not offer therapy in the form of positive thinking/self hypnosis/meditation, itinerary with respect to care/clinical/medical orders.

Not because there is a biological explanation but because there is a conscious one. To elaborate, the consciousness affected his or her immune system, to an extent it reacted to the cancer cells as a threat.

Conservative Biologist refuse to accept this conclusion and trust me they do. But at the same time in their perspective it seems based upon the current state of the art. They do not have a way to show mechanically how the brain can effect the immune system.

But it obviously can unless one can present another explanation?

As mentioned earlier in this thread minimalist acknowledge the existence of spontaneous recovery.

So where is the data that proves it has nothing to do with consciousness????

Any thoughts?
edit on 21-5-2014 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Something important to remember (that I didn't mention previously) when thinking about these things is to keep yourself in check. Any person looking for wisdom will need to balance both Relative and Absolute Reality during their studies.

Mahayana Buddhism follows the idea that "Without knowledge of Absolute Reality, the Relative Reality can degenerate into pity and sentimentality, whereas understanding the Absolute Reality without the Relative Reality can lead to nihilism and lack of desire to engage other sentient beings for their benefit."

Balance yourself to avoid going insane.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

I'm not even going to read this thread. BUNK

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asynchrony

And why do you believe it's bunk?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure we are living in a simulated universe but our consciousness seems pretty real.

Thanks for finding this article, very interesting.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

And because reality is flashing in and out of existence (hypothetically at Planck time – 1044 times per second – as explained by The Resonance Project biophysicist William Brown), every time our reality oscillates between form, and the pure energy state of the field, our awareness which is constant and doesn’t flash in and out of existence informs the field what to reappear as when it makes its transition back to form at the quantum level.

Therefore each time we oscillate into formlessness, we have complete and total control and responsibility over what we choose with our attention to manifest out of the field in the next moment, and our power and ability to do so relies entirely what we believe, and on how we are feeling.

So if someone's mind weren't quite right for some reason, lets say '___' induced hallucinations or PCP, then that should manifest itself into reality because these hallucinations are often times completely convincing to the experiencer to the point of them killing themselves when they think they can fly.

Yet that doesn't occur- suggesting that we do not have complete and total control over what manifests in the quantum field.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Not that the article cited was very serious in the first place, but I just noticed the biggest fallacy in it that explains why some people believe thoughts influence quantum physics (it doesn't).

One of the key principles of quantum physics is that our thoughts determine reality. Early in the 1900′s they proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt with an experiment called the double slit experiment. They found that the determining factor of the behavior of energy (‘particles’) at the quantum level is the awareness of the observer.

For example: electrons under the same conditions would sometimes act like particles, and then at other times they would switch to acting like waves (formless energy), because it was completely dependent on what the observer expected was going to happen. Whatever the observed believed would occur is what the quantum field did.

The above quote is a complete lie for two simple reasons. I believe the author willingly distorted the truth to support his claims.

First the double slit experience does not state that electrons behave differently in the same conditions. Even the video in the link article states clearly that the experience is twofold, with two different conditions (one or two slits).

From there the author then claims it was the belief of the observer that influenced the outcome when it was obviously the conditions of the experience.

I don't know if the author was willingly lying in here, but the fact that he even posted a video contradicting himself indicates more a complete ignorance of the subject, which is unfortunately quite familiar in these fields.

No doubt the mood and beliefs influence health, it is already known and studied, but claiming thoughts can influence influence eletrons or even matter is an outright lie and the whole quoted article is based on that lie.

Not very serious

edit on 22-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2014 by SpaceGoatFarts because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Furthermore the author totally mixed up the uncertainty principle with the double slit experiment.

One of the key principles of quantum physics is that our thoughts determine reality. Early in the 1900′s they proved this beyond a shadow of a doubt with an experiment called the double slit experiment

Nothing of the above is correct.

The thing with quantum physics and observing particles seemingly impacting the result is called the heisenberg or uncertainty principle.

And it is confused with the "observer effect"

Historically, the uncertainty principle has been confused with a somewhat similar effect in physics, called the observer effect, which notes that measurements of certain systems cannot be made without affecting the systems. Heisenberg offered such an observer effect at the quantum level (see below) as a physical "explanation" of quantum uncertainty. It has since become clear, however, that the uncertainty principle is inherent in the properties of all wave-like systems, and that it arises in quantum mechanics simply due to the matter wave nature of all quantum objects. Thus, the uncertainty principle actually states a fundamental property of quantum systems, and is not a statement about the observational success of current technology.

So basically the article is one big mumbo-jumbo of completely botched physics as it would be explained by a 5-years old. Einstein must be rolling in his grave right now at the sight of such nonsense.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Interesting !
, but i have a question, so you say , that if our bodes are projections of our consciousness , in a non related manner , can we for example , imply on our bodies certain things , just by believing ? like , for example i believe i can get taller , then i get taller ? excuse me if i had it wrong , but please clarify for me .
thanks !

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join