It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran is beaten to death by five cops

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup, it's the whole USA. Everyone is doing it.

Generalize much?

It's YOUR country...Take responsibility....minamalize much?

Peace

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I watched the entire vid. I guess I phrased my reply incorrectly. I should have said it does happen. Regardless, it is a travesty of our rights. Nuff said.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

And your country is?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
society needs to be educated about the effects of stress disorders on the citizenry. this same type of thing is frequent in inner cities due to the war zone like nature of areas steeped in poverty. we as a society have no concept of what ptsd and the ilk, can do to a human being. i think it's time to realize that when a person with ptsd acts out, they aren't doing so to be disrespectful, they are doing so because they are suffering from emotional trauma and are not able to apply reason to their situation. maybe it would help if the police force were educated on how to properly interact with potential ptsd sufferers. they aren't behaving that way to spite you, let's just put it that way. it's also possible many police officers are suffering from ptsd like trauma, as well.

compassion is not outdated.
edit on 19-5-2014 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: undo

How do you tell if someone is suffering from ptsd?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

How do you tell if someone is suffering from ptsd?

obviously, you can't diagnose it on the spot, so the best approach would be to determine if the person is 1) a vet or 2) poor. poverty breeds emotional trauma of all kinds.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

I watched the entire vid. I guess I phrased my reply incorrectly. I should have said it does happen. Regardless, it is a travesty of our rights. Nuff said.

You could not have watched the entire video, it is 7.16 minutes long, there are only 6.0 minutes when you replied, including your posting time, while all in the clip is relevant in a first read.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Unfortunately, PTSD in vets if oft ignored or not recognized. Case in point, me after Vietnam.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I went back and watched the last of the vid. I do not wish to get into a pis--ng contest with you. I agree it sucks what happened, the state sucks and confinement sucks.
edit on 5191414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Unfortunately, PTSD in vets if oft ignored or not recognized. Case in point, me after Vietnam.

yeah, the human brain is an extremely important organ, that if hampered in some way, can lead to all manner of trouble. the people themselves need to be made aware of this, as well, not just the police. in fact, the police likely have the same ptsd issues. i recall a police officer who, during his off duty time, had gone to a bar to drink himself silly after having witnessed a horrible wreck involving a small child. he had someone drop him off at a restaurant so he could drink coffee and sober up, that's where i encountered him and his story.

the missing ingredient in all of this is lack of education on the topic.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And your country is?

Unfortunately Canada. Which is nothing but the US bitch.

Peac

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

And your country is?

Unfortunately Canada. Which is nothing but the US bitch.

Peac

LOL, well I would not have phrased it quite like that. The reason for my inquiry was that I have noticed many criticizing on this thread from nations that have their own issues similar to this. In fact, one in particular has had centuries of such. I agree that the citizenry is the only way that things can be corrected whether by legislation, peaceful protest, or as a last resort violent confrontation. In my home state of Texas there are many who have started to amass for the latter.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

a bit off topic but it seems more likely the usa and canada are the red headed step children of her majesty the queen of england

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A Live leak video from a 100 yards away where you can't see much and have the story told by who?

No back story to know how this started.

As much as I know it's fashionable to jump on cops on ATS and the OP obviously hates them, I will reserve from making a judgement till I know the facts.

Most likely there is a 90% chance the guy did something to get a beating, not that it is right to do so and he didn't deserve to die but for all the bad experiences I have had with LEO's in my youth they typically don't pull you out of your car and beat you to death because dunkin donuts was outta glazed ones.......

The vast majority of the time there is an altercation (not always but usually) it's because the suspect fought back or got mouthy or something.

That's the truth the majority of the time, I know there are a lot of anarchists, drug users and trouble makes on here who seem to have a poor history with the police......or are too stupid to realize that every time a "video" makes it online showing a supposed wrongdoing by a police officer there are 10,000 other cases where the police officer was professional.

I know, that don't fit into the one world government, police state, jack-booted thugs, the man keeping you down fanatics....That's MY opinion and .02 worth.

Your opinion may differ but I don't really care because it don't matter anymore than mine matters to you

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
A Live leak video from a 100 yards away where you can't see much and have the story told by who?

No back story to know how this started.

As much as I know it's fashionable to jump on cops on ATS and the OP obviously hates them, I will reserve from making a judgement till I know the facts.

Most likely there is a 90% chance the guy did something to get a beating, not that it is right to do so and he didn't deserve to die but for all the bad experiences I have had with LEO's in my youth they typically don't pull you out of your car and beat you to death because dunkin donuts was outta glazed ones.......

The vast majority of the time there is an altercation (not always but usually) it's because the suspect fought back or got mouthy or something.

That's the truth the majority of the time, I know there are a lot of anarchists, drug users and trouble makes on here who seem to have a poor history with the police......or are too stupid to realize that every time a "video" makes it online showing a supposed wrongdoing by a police officer there are 10,000 other cases where the police officer was professional.

I know, that don't fit into the one world government, police state, jack-booted thugs, the man keeping you down fanatics....That's MY opinion and .02 worth.

Your opinion may differ but I don't really care because it don't matter anymore than mine matters to you

And you would be wrong. I have been pulled over for "driving suspiciously" and then beaten on the side of the road because I blew a 0.0 in the breathalyzer and the cop didn't take it well. Had I defended myself I would have been charged with resisting arrest. Do you know how difficult it is to lay on the ground while someone is beating you, knowing that if you even try to shield yourself from the blows you're going to be labeled a felon for the rest of your life?

You don't need much detail. In the video the man is on the ground and restrained. In that position it doesn't matter what he says or does, he is not a threat. There is absolutely nothing that can justify a beating in that state.

Besides, it is not illegal to be mouthy to an officer, if they're going to get aggressive and beat you for having an attitude with them they shouldn't be an officer in the first place. If you argue that they're just human then you should also argue that their word isn't worth more than yours in court because again they're just human.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   
My sentiments regarding LEOs can be summarized more concisely with music.

When I took my oath upon entering the Army 9 years ago the first promise I made was, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies..."

I take those words seriously. When the day comes this is one vet that won't be firing on American civilians.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
When I took my oath upon entering the Army 9 years ago the first promise I made was, "...I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies..."

I take those words seriously. When the day comes this is one vet that won't be firing on American civilians.

I think every vet believes that. The problem is that orders aren't going to be phrased that way. Instead it's going to be phrased that certain people have risen up and are the enemy, by opposing them you are defending the good people of the United States and the Constitution.

It's easy to say you'll refuse an order to instate martial law and kill civilians. I think anyone, even the cops in this video would refuse that direct order. It's much harder to say you refuse to fire on some people who are armed and seeking a violent overthrow of the government and anyone who gets in their way.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I agree with you to a point. The issue is that there is a large population of 'lowest common denominators' that have filled the ranks of the military and law enforcement in the last decade. By expanding the the required number of bodies and lowering the entry requirements we are currently harvesting spoiled fruit.

But there are many of us that are very attuned to the machinations of our government. It is a topic of conversation between us on a regular basis and something that we are listening for.

Since the U.S. went to war in Afghanistan in 2001 and Iraq in 2003, about 2.5 million members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and related Reserve and National Guard units have been deployed in the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, according to Department of Defense data. Read more here: www.mcclatchydc.com...=cpy

Count by 25,000 for every 1% of those individuals that you think would not stand idly by while the FDA, NSA, TSA, CIA, FBI and every alphabet organization goose-steps on your spine. And don't forget the ~25 million living veterans of the other conflicts since WWII (Vietnam, Gulf War, Bosnia ad nauseum). Many may be old, but are angrier and more than willing than most placated civilians. I remember watching a 97 year old WWII vet punch holes on a man-sized silhouette at 500m with his old M1 while cussing non-stop about politicians

He out-shot me that day

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

Lipton, firstly thank you for your service. I retired as an Army 1SG in 1988 and concur 100% with your sentiments. I am part of a group here that believes as you do. If it comes to firing upon our citizenry, we have no choice. Our local police, METRO, has 6 Officer Involved shootings, 4 fatal, thus far in 2014.
edit on 5201414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

There are 700,000 full time cops in the US. You want to castigate them all because of 5? That's not logical Jim.

You're clearly not very good at statistics.

People say the bad cops are "few and far between", but somehow, you just found 5 bad cops in a row!

Lets say bad cops are 1 out of 20 (1/20) (which I'd like to believe is a a very high estimate!) The probability of encountering 5 cops simultaneously who wouldn't stop the beating until the man was nearly dead is as follows: (1/20)*(1/20)*(1/20)*(1/20)*(1/20) or .05^5

.05 to the fifth equals .0000003125 aka a "3 in ten million" chance.

If that were true there would be no Posse Comitatus forum on ATS.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join