It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran is beaten to death by five cops

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
How many cops does it take to kill an unarmed man? Five from the looks of it. I am getting sick of seeing this type of crap. It seems that nearly every day lately a video pops up of cops nearly beating someone to death or in this case actually beating them to death. I for one am sick of seeing it. Something has to be done aside of simple posts on ATS. When are people going to take back their streets, from the cops? Hopefully the video embeds or perhaps someone will emnbed it for me. Don't seem to have much luck posting LL videos here.

www.liveleak.com...
edit on 19-5-2014 by Mamatus because: added content.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Great the USA will trick or in the case of Vietnamese force its men to fight in unjust wars based on lies and dodgy politics and then not just abandon them when they come back but now beat them to death.

Great country......

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
and again. et cetera ad nauseum.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Its time we started cleaning house at all the police stations. I say we just fire every last one of them and start over.

These F@#$ers have to remember they work for us not the other way around.

Serve and protect my a s s.. they don't protect anyone and only serve up ass whippings.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Disband this police force. Seize records and prosecute. Yes, it's that bad.

If the feds don't do something, there will be a growing number of people seeking violent retribution. LEO's will have to wear masks and put their evil on full display. If you are a cop with a conscience, get out now.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup, it's the whole USA. Everyone is doing it.

Generalize much?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Its time we started cleaning house at all the police stations. I say we just fire every last one of them and start over.

These F@#$ers have to remember they work for us not the other way around.

Serve and protect my a s s.. they don't protect anyone and only serve up ass whippings.

I guess you weren't aware of the 2005 Supreme Court ruling?

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

The decision, with an opinion by Justice Antonin Scalia and dissents from Justices John Paul Stevens and Ruth Bader Ginsburg, overturned a ruling by a federal appeals court in Colorado. The appeals court had permitted a lawsuit to proceed against a Colorado town, Castle Rock, for the failure of the police to respond to a woman's pleas for help after her estranged husband violated a protective order by kidnapping their three young daughters, whom he eventually killed.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

There you have it. The days of "To Protect and Serve" are over........

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: crazyewok

Yup, it's the whole USA. Everyone is doing it.

Generalize much?

USA = your government + those that work/support it

If I was referring to you as a general people I would say American

Do I really have to specify?
edit on 19-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mamatus
How many cops does it take to kill an unarmed man? Five from the looks of it. I am getting sick of seeing this type of crap. It seems that nearly every day lately a video pops up of cops nearly beating someone to death or in this case actually beating them to death. I for one am sick of seeing it. Something has to be done aside of simple posts on ATS. When are people going to take back their streets, from the cops? Hopefully the video embeds or perhaps someone will emnbed it for me. Don't seem to have much luck posting LL videos here.

www.liveleak.com...

I called their D.A's office and spoke with the District Attorney Gilbert's secretary Darlene Hale ([email protected]) and currently she is unaware of any action being taken against the highway patrol officers involved in this - her words not mine. Also at the main sheriffs office spoke to a woman by the name of Erin - she was also unaware of any actions being taken at this moment.

It's hard to know what happened here. I don't want to attack the officers but as we all have learned to well officers are no longer here for our safety. How 5 officers couldn't simply taser him - cuff him and throw him inthe back of a squad car is beyond me.

If 5 "trained" police officers are unwilling to do this with just 1 man, what do you think is going to start happening when officers are confronted with larger numbers? Tasers won't even be in their vocabulary it will instantly elevate to lethal force...The coroners report i'm hoping will be available soon and we will be able to see the extent of injuries caused by the officers during this incident.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Maybe if the US payed it's Police force a decent wage they would entice Decent Human beings to do the job.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I'm not a cop but I am a smoker so I can relate to random people that don't know me crapping on me because they can. The percentage of bad cops is small. Don't let that stop the hatefest though.

+17 more 
posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
I'm not a cop but I am a smoker so I can relate to random people that don't know me crapping on me because they can. The percentage of bad cops is small. Don't let that stop the hatefest though.

Then why did not one of these officers stop this from escalating to the point of death?
All it takes is one officer saying "ok, he's had enough - he's cuffed i;m putting hi in my car"..

That's it..even if sevrely beat..even if bleeding like a butchered pig..all it takes is one officer to say "ok he's had enough"...That didn't happen here though..So where are those good cops?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I don't think it is a small percentage anymore. Even the ones that are not beating and tasing people and shooting dogs are covering for the ones that are.

I mean look at this case here 5 cops and not one of them stopped it. That's 100%

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Justwatchingyou

There are 700,000 full time cops in the US. You want to castigate them all because of 5? That's not logical Jim.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Okay. That's one side of the story. And it doesn't look good for the cops involved. Now do we have the other side? Toxicology on the fella who died? Was his system clear of drugs? Was he prone to severe anger outbursts due to the PTSD that he was diagnosed with? Did the cops have to do this? (the video sure looks like they didn't need to be doing this ... )

The tape looks bad for the cops. There are SOME out there that are awful. IF it turns out these cops are those kind, then by all means throw them in jail with the criminals they've arrested through the years. They'll get a taste of what they've been dishing out, for sure.

link   
All LEOs need to be required by law to wear video and audio recorders on their persons to be used as evidence in these types of brutal killings.

Also weekly drug tests for all drugs, alcohol and especially steroids.

Bi yearly psychological evaluations by an independent testing agency.

All laws should apply to LEOs as regular citizens and end the "blue code"!!!

link   
Being a smoker has nothing to do with police brutality. There is in fact a huge difference between the cops killing someone and you killing yourself....

As for hate fest? I know a few good cops, they are even sick of the crap.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here's the video,

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

There are 700,000 full time cops in the US. You want to castigate them all because of 5? That's not logical Jim.

Just 5?
Really guy?
Have you not been keeping up with current events here in the US?
I understand that as a Canadian our news may not be as relevant or important to you but if you're going to comment on the United States than at least get it right.
If I ever make a comment on Canadian issues i'll at least make an attempt to understand what's happening there.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

If by going after them all you mean requiring them all to wear cameras and prosecuting the ones that commit murder or unjust beat downs, then yes.

It's not just Five either. It's a systemic problem.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join