It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain America Vs Batman

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Vs

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Batman. He's got the technology to put himself on more than equal footing with Captain America, not to mention he's more intellectual than Cap. Basically, all Steve has going for him is super strength and a vibranium shield. Both of which are easily handled by the World's Greatest Detective.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Don't forget Iron Man had to learn hand to hand combat from capt.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Unprepared I'd have to give it to Captain America. The serum he has in him gives him an edge over batman.

In a fight knowing what he was going up against I'd say Batman. He'd be able to prepare something to give him the edge in a fight.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I liked mighty mouse, underdog, and secret squirrel better than those guys.

Go figure....look at my name.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t

Don't forget Iron Man had to learn hand to hand combat from capt.

Hand to hand combat. You didn't say that this fight between Cap and Bats was going to be hand to hand. I was thinking that Batman would get smart and bring in his Batwing or something. You know, compensate for the serum.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Excellent match-up!

I see it as a shark vs. tiger sort of thing. In a random meet-on-the-street fight, I give the edge to Cap. Given equal time to prepare, the fight favors Batman.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Afternoon,

I'm sorry but if this is between Bruce "I have a new Robo-Knee" Wayne (some broken down, screwed up billionaire vigillante who has taken the last 30 years off his life with injuries and poor lifestyle choices) and Steve "Winter Soldier" Rodgers (who's essentially gonna be in the top form for a even a supersoldier who only brings his "A+ Game" to the table even when he's relaxing for the next 60 years minimum) then I imagine Mister Wayne will be sorely missed...by someone...probably only The Joker.
That said, Batman will always be cooler than Captain America just because he says @#$% the law.
(Maybe not in those exact words...)
Still, being cool is a poor substitute for breathing.
Some might even argue that Batman is not above cheating to beat a foe but Rodgers would never even think of it and that in itself could be a fatal flaw. Hard to know how a writer would have that one play out.
Wayne might be smarter and that could provide and edge but Rodgers is stronger, faster, quicker and more resiliant and if his last movie is any indicator...infinitely more skilled in combat, ninja arts or not....and it really hurt to say that.
Another detail that might tip the scales in Rodgers favor is that while Batman capitalizes on fear...to do that effectively he has to know fear. Bruce Wayne can be "scared" but Rodgers (for all intent and purposes) is fearless.
Just some food for thought.
S+F.

-Peace-
edit on 19-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

edit on 19-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: Even More ETA

edit on 19-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 19-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: Sorry...More ETA

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Given that Batman has plans to on how to take down all his fellow Justice League members that were effective enough that a supervillain once used them and they worked to perfection ... I'd say that Batman is more than equal to beating Cap on the strategy front even though Cap is also no slouch.

Then it comes down to whether ninja training and combat skills can beat the super soldier. So, it's the field of battle. Where are they fighting and who can best capitalize on the terrain? After all, I think in a straight fight, mano a mano, Cap would have the edge, but I think Bat's ninja skills give him enough to compensate if the turf is good.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They did not work to perfection. Bane opted to humiliate Batman instead of straight-up killing him, and that's where the plan fell apart. Presumably because he didn't really intend to incapacitate himself as well, meaning they may have had to improvise to a degree.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Bane opted to humiliate Batman instead of straight-up killing him and that's where the plan fell apart.

Technically, it wasn't even Bane's plan if the movie is being used as a compass.
It was Talia's.

-Peace-

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
In the last DC Marvel crossover Batman refused to fight Cap because he saw that Cap would counter any move he made. In a hand to hand fight Cap would beat Batman. Cap routinely takes down foes that Batman couldn't.
edit on 19-5-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Captain America....

Far more strength than normal humans
Incredibly quick reflexes
The shield
Combat experience
good moral compass
Incredible endurance & stamina

Batman....

Great physical condition
greater than normal reflexes
Gadgets
High intelligence

I believe the Captain would out last batman in a fight just due to his endurance.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Separate Captain America from his shield, Batman wins the fight. Cap relies too much on his shield in battle. Batman uses his wits to gain the advantage over his foes.

Don't forget Batman has sociopathic tendencies in his make-up. Batman/Bruce Wayne lost his parents meaning it harden his mental resolve. Captain America didn't lose any family members(Bucky doesn't count, he's not related) to criminals. Cap willingly accepted the American hero aspect by taking the "super soldier" serum in the the 40's. Batman/ Bruce Wayne didn't have that luxury as a youngster when Joe Chill killed his parents.

Batman became a hero by his own means. Unlike Captain America, who relied on subsidies from agencies like the U.S. Gov't, The Invaders, The Avengers and Shield, meaning Captain America was a drifting welfare bum.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I'm not a fan of Cap but I think he would probably win in a battle with Batman.
Then again some of the enemies that Batman has faced off against and beaten over the years are probably tougher than Cap so, hmmmm

If we're talking brawl in the street then Cap Am for sure but if we're talking battle where Batman can plot and weaponise and get a plan together then I'll say The Dark Knight for sure.

I think Spider-Man vs Captain America is a better match.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

Separate Captain America from his shield, Batman wins the fight. Cap relies too much on his shield in battle. Batman uses his wits to gain the advantage over his foes.

What else does Batman rely on to beat his foes besides his wits? You say Cap relies on his shield too much but say nothing about Batman's gadgets. Hand to hand Cap would defeat Batman.

Batman/ Bruce Wayne didn't have that luxury as a youngster when Joe Chill killed his parents.

No he just had to suffer with servants and a large trust fund while Cap grew up the target of bullies and live in a relatively poor life.

Batman became a hero by his own means. Unlike Captain America, who relied on subsidies from agencies like the U.S. Gov't, The Invaders, The Avengers and Shield, meaning Captain America was a drifting welfare bum.

Kind of left out the second world war didn't you that was the reason why he took the serum. Batman is a sociopath that really doesn't value human life if he did then why would he put a child in harms way like he did with Robin?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't even take cap america as a super hero, its like a superman V2 two by the creators to keep certain fans happy.

You can't compare a genetically or technology enhanced superhero with a man who uses gadget. The comparison need to have some base requirement.

Batman saga is overall better in my opinion.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eryiedes

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Bane opted to humiliate Batman instead of straight-up killing him and that's where the plan fell apart.

Technically, it wasn't even Bane's plan if the movie is being used as a compass.
It was Talia's.

-Peace-

No. It was Vandal Savage, who enlisted Mirror Man in stealing the plans from Batman's computer. And whether improvised or by Batman's own designs, Bane didn't kill him as he should have. Honestly, he could have. Batman was putty in his hands. But that's the hubris of almost every iconic villain ever.

But yeah, the point is, if Batman is given a few days to devise a strategy, Cap doesn't have a prayer. Batman thinks in layers. He's got a plan A, B, C, D, and E in motion all at the same time. He can call his car, bike, plane, or submarine in a second. He can remotely attack with them. Can Cap compete with that? He's more of an "in the moment" kinda guy. He's not a detective. And his vibranium shield does have its weaknesses.

And it was never specified in the OP whether or not this is an impromptu fight we're talking about. Either way, Batman clearly has the resources to cover his ass in the event of a confrontation with Cap.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

First of all who was Vandal Savage in the last Batman movie?
Second who was Mirror Man in the last Batman movie?
If you refer to the comic plotlines then we are talking across purposes.
I only refered to the last Nolan/Bale collaboration.
I appologize to everyone if I got the context wrong.

-Peace-

edit on 20-5-2014 by Eryiedes because: ETA

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: RossWellOldMexico

What else does Batman rely on to beat his foes besides his wits? You say Cap relies on his shield too much but say nothing about Batman's gadgets. Hand to hand Cap would defeat Batman.

Batman/ Bruce Wayne didn't have that luxury as a youngster when Joe Chill killed his parents.

No he just had to suffer with servants and a large trust fund while Cap grew up the target of bullies and live in a relatively poor life.

Kind of left out the second world war didn't you that was the reason why he took the serum. Batman is a sociopath that really doesn't value human life if he did then why would he put a child in harms way like he did with Robin?
Yeah, Cap is going unhitch Batman's utility belt from his trunks. That maneuver would look uncool. It would look like he is molesting him. I think Cap is too manly to use that option. LOL! Batman knows various martial arts, Captain America knows only how to Box. he might even throw in an occasional sucker shot on the Red Skull or Baron Zemo. Batman would make Captain America tap out in a fight, pure and simple. At least, Batman paid for his own "gadgets". Captain America accepted his shield by the U.S. Gov't like it was food stamps. Captain America uses the Avengers Mansion like a Men's shelter. He might as well post a sign that says "Will Fight Crime For Room and Board".

I think you misunderstood the term of "luxury" that I used. I didn't mean finances. I meant it as an option. But anyway, Bruce Wayne only relied on Alfred Pennyworth. The playboy millionaire was a front. The Wayne Foundation was a charitable organization that helped the disadvantaged in Gotham City.

The Second World War was half over when Steve Rodgers took the serum. He was frail and wouldn't be accepted the with physical requirements of today's Army. The serum was a steroid. Cap took a short cut to become a superhero. Batman took his time to hone his skills to be a superhero. Batman gave Dick Grayson the opportunity to become Robin, to help avenge the murder of his parents. Captain America got Bucky killed. Cap made him his sidekick to protect his identity once Bucky found out who he was.

edit on 21-5-2014 by RossWellOldMexico because: added point to reply.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join