It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are some people more sensitive?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: winterf

Some people definitely are more sensitive than others, no denying it and why is a good question.

There seems to be families where several members are sensitive, my family included. If someone in a family is psi, other family members are exposed to it and are more likely to have an open mind, so there are probably genetic and environmental factors at play.

It's widely excepted that sensitivity to PSI runs in families. And cultures were Shamanism is a misrecognize, the role of shaman is often hereditary.
Childhood Influences that Heighten Psychic Powers

Detailed evidence for familial patterns of PSI has been supplied by a series of studies of second sight done in Scotland by Shari Cohn
Second Site and Family History
Pedigree and Segregation Analysis

The data suggests that psychic experiences, belief in the paranormal and spirituality may be interacting and reinforcing.
The Roles of Religion Spirituality and Genetics in Paranormal Beliefs

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiM3LoRd

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

originally posted by: winterf

I think the question you should be asking is are some people "too" sensitive,

I think that goes along with what I'm asking. With the ones that are overly sensitive is there anything they can do to stop it?
Sure there are good things that come out of people like this but they also deal with a lot of bad things too and it is my understanding you have to take the good with the bad you can't have one and not the other.

I disagree wholeheartidly.

Any form of pursuit that requires you to fill your mind or to capture it's focus should be employed to reduce the effects... though this will only be effective while you are doing said pursuit.

Some people never learn to tune out when they want... others it takes a great deal of self discipline.... What you need to do is increase your self worth and your internal EGO.

This will give you the strength to not get washed away in the flow of it.

Peace,

Korg.

The ego is a dangerous thing to be fanning the flames of. It is a beast once unleashed that is hard to get back in the bottle so to speak. I wish I could tell you how not to be overly sensitive because you dont want to be cold either. good luck buddy its an interesting path you are on. just have fun with it.

Investing in your ego gives you strength. I can honestly say to you that I am the strongest person I know when it comes to EGO. There is not a person alive that could intimidate me or rail road over me.

This has a lot to do with IQ but mostly it is to do with total Self Belief.

Being real and true to yourself in the moment and most of all being as direct as you can be.

Peace,

Korg.

I have walked that road to its conclusion a long time ago. Only the poor think they need wealth and only weak people think they need strength.

Not to be cliche but this encapsulates where you are misaligned with my words...

This may also help...

If you are always true to yourself, wealth does not matter and no matter how strong someone may physically be no one will ever be able to touch the real you inside.

Peace,

Korg.

edit on 20-5-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Have problems with electronics? Yes

Know what kind of a person they are before they speak? Yes.

Get headaches often? Yes there are times they get so bad I can not see.

Feel an inner strength from dealing from so much within? Yes.

Know when someone is sick and they don't even know? Usually they already know. But yes.

Feel the presence of evil? Yes

See movement where there isn't any? Yes

Do you prefer rooms without corners? I'm not sure what you mean by that but I do find it ironic that every corner in my home has furniture caddy cornered in it.

Feel the world is alive, we all think so but you know it? Yes

Get feelings you have to do something, and when you do, it had a reason? Yes and no. I frequently have a felling I have something I absolutely need to do something but can't figure out what.

Have a special place you feel most comfortable? Yes

Feel like you're not from here? Sometimes, as a child until mid teens I don't so much any more.

See aura's? No

Know things you shouldn't? Sounds crazy but you know what I mean. Yes

Have different experiences with animals? Yes

Have physical effects when the sun erupts with solar flares, do you feel different? I don't know

Know people that think you're weird because they don't understand or believe? No one really knows about these things. The 5 that do 2 of them think i'm weird the other 3 understood because they've seen it over the years.

edit on 20-5-2014 by winterf because: incorrect spelling

edit on 20-5-2014 by winterf because: incorrect spelling

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

I lean more towards genetic. I did not know my dad until I was 13. Even then we didn't really know each other until here recently. Just a few months ago I found out he has dealt with similar things his whole life too, along with his brother and father.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

If you are always true to yourself, wealth does not matter and no matter how strong someone may physically be no one will ever be able to touch the real you inside.

Completely agree with this.
I am on my phone, for reason what you posted isn't loading for me at all. All I see is an empty space.
edit on 20-5-2014 by winterf because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
To 1 subjectively OP, some Souls/Spirits/Internal Energies manifested within environments suits UNIVERSALLY are more receptive to Objective reality then others and the many metaphysical/paranormal properties associated with Objective reality. It may be genetic associated with all here but overtime certain distracters and blockers may limit receptiveness and eventually close or prevent any receptions.
These blockers/distracters can be found within chemicals that make up many synthetic products used here and within sensory affecting agents like audio/video emitted signal devices-tv-cell phones-radio-wi-fi-books video games etc.
Once these blockers/distracters run a long term course on a species like sapiens sapiens over time the receptiveness appears to diminish to nothing until eventually you end up with masses of non receptive groups completely detached from transmissions sent to them why becoming fully attached to technology based devices that entrap them…

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Have problems with electronics? Yes

Know what kind of a person they are before they speak? Yes.

Get headaches often? Yes there are times they get so bad I can not see.

Feel an inner strength from dealing from so much within? Yes.

Know when someone is sick and they don't even know? Usually they already know. But yes.

Feel the presence of evil? Yes

See movement where there isn't any? Yes

Do you prefer rooms without corners? I'm not sure what you mean by that but I do find it ironic that every corner in my home has furniture caddy cornered in it.

Feel the world is alive, we all think so but you know it? Yes

Get feelings you have to do something, and when you do, it had a reason? Yes and no. I frequently have a felling I have something I absolutely need to do something but can't figure out what.

Have a special place you feel most comfortable? Yes

Feel like you're not from here? Sometimes, as a child until mid teens I don't so much any more.

See aura's? No

Know things you shouldn't? Sounds crazy but you know what I mean. Yes

Have different experiences with animals? Yes

Have physical effects when the sun erupts with solar flares, do you feel different? I don't know

Know people that think you're weird because they don't understand or believe? No one really knows about these things. The 5 that do 2 of them think i'm weird the other 3 understood because they've seen it over the years.

I smile as I read your answers. You must really think we as a species on this planet are really crazy because you can see what we do and the effect we have on our surroundings. Most people have no idea what is happening at the levels in which you can see. I bet you scare a few people as well.

When you learn to let go and fully accept the gift you have, you will become amazed at what you can do and your understanding of the world around you. As far as knowing what it is you're supposed to do in certain situations just go with the flow sometimes you will find out later.

It would be interesting to track solar flares in relation to your migraines, if it is the same for you as with a few others I know it would give you an advance notice when to expect one. But I know how debilitating it can be, I have seen it up close. I am sorry you have to have it happen.

One day design your ultimate home, and see if it has corners or free flowing round areas at junctions and intersections. I know it sounds crazy, but darkness can't hide there. You will know what I mean when you think about it and write it down.

When you get comfortable with yourself learn about reincarnation and get regressed that should scare the crap out of you.

And don't worry you are very special.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Lol, I don't think anyone is crazy (if anything I think others will think I am). Every one thinks and feels things differently. Well ok there are crazy people but you know what I mean.

I know who I am.. to an extent. I just don't see myself in any specific category.
I also accept it to an extent there are just some things I do not like. For example dark spirits. I seem plagued by them sometimes. I also don't like it to be known to many people because where I live it is mostly Pentecostal Christians and things like this mean you are not special or gifted but possessed or crazy.
When I was younger I tried to enhance some of my abilities but it seemed the more I tried the more bad things would happen. So I quit and tried to block it all out but that is not working so much anymore and now these things are happening to my children and I want to know how to help them so they don't go through what I did.

I do believe in reincarnation. I haven't tried past life regression but I know I have at least one past life. I believe I have seen how I died and as a child I talked about being in limbo.

I will look into the solar flares.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

a reply to: MarlinGrace

Lol, I don't think anyone is crazy (if anything I think others will think I am). Every one thinks and feels things differently. Well ok there are crazy people but you know what I mean.

I know who I am.. to an extent. I just don't see myself in any specific category.
I also accept it to an extent there are just some things I do not like. For example dark spirits. I seem plagued by them sometimes. I also don't like it to be known to many people because where I live it is mostly Pentecostal Christians and things like this mean you are not special or gifted but possessed or crazy.
When I was younger I tried to enhance some of my abilities but it seemed the more I tried the more bad things would happen. So I quit and tried to block it all out but that is not working so much anymore and now these things are happening to my children and I want to know how to help them so they don't go through what I did.

I do believe in reincarnation. I haven't tried past life regression but I know I have at least one past life. I believe I have seen how I died and as a child I talked about being in limbo.

I will look into the solar flares.

Depending on the age of your children it could be a difficult explanation. They don't understand but know something is different. This is a tough one. It should be much easier for them they have you.

Dark spirits.... welcome to the war of light and dark. You get to see the spiritual battle so few get to see. You get to see the attacks rather it is up close and personal through aberrations or a complete takeover of an animal. Don't worry they send so many because of your strength. You can tell them to leave anytime, out loud or in meditation, but because of who you are they will be back. It could be in the form of a crow (My favorite problem child) or a visible usually out of the corner of your eye, dark entity. Helping others even when you don't know why move towards the goodness of light just pisses them off.

Enhancement comes only through participation in my experience. More will come only if you become involved and want to use it in battle. As I type this and reread it, I know how crazy it sounds but if you are being truthful about who you are, I am probably telling you what you already know.

The people I know have never referred themselves as being part of any category, myself included, don't know how you could. One thing that might help the kids is having a dog or dogs, amazingly they have a sense just before you and protection in both realms is their job. Drives my wife crazy when my dog and I both look somewhere and she sees nothing and wants to know what's going on and what we have seen.

There is a spiritual battle going on out there, the likes of something that would scare most people to death. Good luck to you and again you are special. Let me know about the solar flares if you remember, besides the visible life you have with children, I know how busy you are with both visible and invisible worlds at the same time.

It's only crazy because it's like trying to describe color to man blind from birth.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Noticed your thread yesterday - I do think some are more sensitive than others....
and today, I saw an article about it, and thought I'd present it here for you (and everyone else) to contemplate:
6 Signs You Could Be a Highly Sensitive Person

15-20% of people ARE, in fact, highly sensitive.

Psychologist Elaine Aron's research on a temperament category she describes as the "highly sensitive person" (HSP) has been gaining increased attention in recent years, and giving many people a big "aha" moment. Could you be among the 15-20 percent of the population she believes make up this group? I've learned that I am, and finding this out has changed the way I look at...everything.

you might just be a highly sensitive person, equipped with a temperament that requires special skills and knowledge to deal with. As I'm learning more about how this trait works in my own life, I'm grateful that Aron does not pathologize it, but treats it as something that simply is. Even for people who are not HSPs, information on the topic can surely be useful to parents, teachers, partners, and co-workers who have an HSP among them.

I am one, no doubt about it.
Here's a little 'self-test' she devised. Are You Highly Sensitive? A Self-Test. Take it, and see what you come up with!!

How many 'yes' points did you check? I checked 20. Fourteen or above = HSP (Highly Sensitive Person).

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I'd say yes, based on personal experience. To both some people being more "sensitive" to such things, and to the family connection as well. TONS of stories from my family, on both sides, of odd happenings. I figure it's like any other sense; some hear better, some see better, and some sense better. A genetic component is logical.

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Look at the experiences of the past family members. Stress causes resilient beings to find their strength and thrive. Look up studies done on mice and chickens with regards to inheriting higher baseline physiological markers like blood pressure and others I can't quite recall.

As regards to what it is that makes you that way. What is a characteristic of intelligence? Learning. What way do we learn? Through the senses. Therefore people who are more sensitive simply have stronger senses, causing them to take in much more information, stimulus. One of those just happens to be energy, emotional levels of others and so forth. It's just another type of intelligence that your brain gathers and assesses when processing thoughts.

Remember that our brains have neuroplasticity. Sensory deprivation increases this neuroplasticity. Meditation is sensory deprivation.

Like someone said the brain is a receiver that you attune to a certain "radio station".

Our bodies are always trying to reach equilibrium, homeostasis so to speak. I've read studies where the results show a higher correlation of introversion with higher IQ scores. My idea is that people aren't either introverted or extroverted based on solely genetics, but are a combination of taught/learned behavior, instinct, and circumstance. For example if you are, feel, or consider yourself to be alone, you will feel maybe depressed if young, but come to enjoy it when older as as sort of "respite", a chance to recharge the batteries so to speak. Why? Because we grow to be more intelligent and associate things for what they really are rather than we perceive them and prejudge them to be, which again is another sign of immaturity.

In my opinion it's why self control is so vital. Because it develops the prefrontal cortex. Anything that increases willpower will utilize this front portion of the brain.

Of course I could be wildly inconsiderate and simply seeing life through the lenses of an introvert, and I could go on and on but knowledge or the acquiring of it never ends and I have a job in the morning. My only hope is that my ramblings could possibly guide someone with a query in the right direction.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well, I am of the belief that everything occurs for a reason. These paranormal experiences are definitely trying to get your attention for one reason or another, otherwise you wouldn't be having them. Before you discount having any psychic ability you might want to keep an open mind about it and investigate the various psychic gifts (clairs) and see if any resonate with any of the experiences you've had. I am of the belief that the veil between this human reality and various other dimensions of reality is fading as can be evidenced in the increase and popularity of paranormal subjects in TV programming and Movies, as well as individual experiences with paranormal phenomenon. Perhaps because of this fading of the veil, we are in someway being forced to question whatrealityis and just where we "fit" in the picture.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join