It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Charges China with Hacking

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I'm pretty sure we all get it. But do you? This crap has been going on for a very long time. Once upon a time, the Big Bad Guy who was stealing our military & big biz secrets was the USSR. Now it's China. We do it in kind, and have been for decades. Come on now.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

I'm pretty sure we all get it. But do you? This crap has been going on for a very long time. Once upon a time, the Big Bad Guy who was stealing our military & big biz secrets was the USSR. Now it's China. We do it in kind, and have been for decades. Come on now.

Exactly.

And the world would be a lot safer this day,
if Russia had not stolen our nuclear weapons tech.

If America, the country that made The Bomb, was still the only country that had The Bomb.
The Bomb is everywhere now.

And China got the Tech from Russia,
gave it to North Korea,
and is still trying to give it to Iran.

Mike Grouchy

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Nyiah

You know, I find it really sick.

If you invent something really cool in the US and try to patent it, the US Gov will come along, claim National Security, steal your invention and every piece of paper you have that deals with it, develop it, weaponize it, make it top secret, threaten you if you ever reveal it, pay you nothing for it.

And they accuse the Chinese of theft!

I just hate hypocrisy. Especially when it is just so bloody blatant! The US steals from everyone, Big Buisiness steals from everyone and now both groups are crying and pointing - It's them, it's them!

Sort of like the little guy saying, ..... de plane, de plane!

P

I invented a guitar brace that helps a 6 string guitar sound like a 12 string guitar. Will Martin guitar or Yamaha guitar steal my ideal and claim it is theirs. Yes, indeed. Why, because I have no money at the beginning of my invention.

Maybe. You have recourse. Look up the blinking eye windshield wiper.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You further show you don't understand. Two completely different things. This is not stealing STATE secrets, this is stealing CORPORATE secrets. China says to company A, we will give you $100 million, you set up shop, hack US companies, and then use what you steal to compete with them.

The US, nor Russia, has ever done that. It's a completely different thing. It would be like the US Government giving Apple and Google huge sums of money to hack Chinese companies to steal their patents and secrets and then use them to destroy Chinese jobs.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

Exactly.

If America, the country that made The Bomb, was still the only country that had The Bomb.

And China got the Tech from Russia,
gave it to North Korea,
and is still trying to give it to Iran.

Mike Grouchy

I agree the World would be very Different.

If AmeriKa was the only one to have nuclear bombs there would be a lot of Dustbowl Countries these Days.

But all in the name of humanity and Democracy of course.

Peace
edit on 1900000019America/Chicago11 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

POT CALLING THE BLOODY KETTLE BLACK!

Can we charge the USA and UK with hacking please?

NSA and GCHQ is the biggest hacking organization on the planet!
edit on 19-5-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

POT CALLING THE BLOODY KETTLE BLACK!

Can we charge the USA and UK with hacking please?

NSA and GCHQ is the biggest hacking organization on the planet!

Not just are they the biggest, THEY TEAM UP OFTEN!!!!!

Thats a powerhouse of intel and meddling and hacking

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

God help them if they have hacked the federal reserve.

Mike Grouchy

Yeah what a disappointment China will get when they find it empty.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Exactly.

HAHA Really?

Without MAD you bomb happy Yahoo's would have been dropping nukes on Korea, China, Vietnam, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and likely even Russia!

I feel much safer with the fact other country's are keeping your bomb crazy tendency in check!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You further show you don't understand. Two completely different things. This is not stealing STATE secrets, this is stealing CORPORATE secrets. China says to company A, we will give you $100 million, you set up shop, hack US companies, and then use what you steal to compete with them.

The US, nor Russia, has ever done that. It's a completely different thing. It would be like the US Government giving Apple and Google huge sums of money to hack Chinese companies to steal their patents and secrets and then use them to destroy Chinese jobs.

Last time I checked the NSA and GCHQ hack journalism company, computer tec company'. telecom company's s and notorious for dumping hacking programs on company's and individual privately owned computers.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Right, apart from those missing nukes from the US....

SAFETY! right? niiiiiice and safe, yup.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
a reply to: crazyewok

Right, apart from those missing nukes from the US....

SAFETY! right? niiiiiice and safe, yup.

Again thats the USA.

Kinda puts a hole in the logic that the world would be better if only the USA had nukes.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yeah? The US spies on the rest of the world, but god forbid anyone do it back.
edit on 5/19/2014 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Mankind's "history" is a litany glorifying theft as the path to economic power - warring, conquering, pillaging, stealing, pirating.

The only difference here is that it's playing out on the Internet, not on the streets and in the jungles. Good plan imho.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Difference being it's not corporate espionage. China is stealing industrial secrets, costing millions of jobs.

And the US would never do such a thing, especially not to their "allies"... like the NSA's industrial espionage on German corporations.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So the USA can hack the phones of other world leaders but get pissy if the Chinese try to steal plans for the next iCrap? Too funny.

All smoke and mirrors. They're setting up China and Russia as the big bad guys so that when the USA collapse comes, which probably isn't that far off, they can point their fingers and say 'It was their fault. They did it all, not us'.
edit on k110305bamMon, 19 May 2014 11:03:35 -0500 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: khimbar
a reply to: ColCurious

I know you just cant make the hypocrisy up.

USA/UK do it that's totally cool

China does it? Thats evil and bad!

I'm ashamed to be part of one of the 5 eyes spy country's.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
To give a bit more information on this? It's not simply "Chinese" being charged, to think of someone in Mamma's basement playing hacker.

It's officials of the Peoples Liberation Army being charged by the United States Government. This isn't a small one by any stretch and they're betting a bunch, given the high level nature of it.

PITTSBURGH (CN) - The United States today unsealed a criminal indictment accusing five members of the Chinese military of spying on U.S. companies and stealing trade secrets.

Filed in the Western District of Pennsylvania, the indictment is the first of its kind against a state actor for this type of hacking, Attorney General Eric Holder said at a conference announcing the charges. China has long been suspected of leading cyberspying operations against U.S. companies and the government.

First of it's kind sounds about right and I'll sure be watching this very very closely. Breaking News is covering reactions right now and developments as China and the US both say or indicate more detail on all this.

"In some cases, it alleges, the conspirators stole trade secrets that would have been particularly beneficial to Chinese companies at the time they were stolen," the Justice Department said in a statement. "In other cases, it alleges, the conspirators also stole sensitive, internal communications that would provide a competitor, or an adversary in litigation, with insight into the strategy and vulnerabilities of the American entity."

Prosecutors filed 31 counts including computer hacking and economic espionage against the defendants, covering the last eight years.
Source: Courthouse News

I was headed back to cover this but others got the opening stages of the release.. Hopefully this helps add context to the full depth of what is unfolding here.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

I think china should in response charge some NSA and CIA officials in response.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join