It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney calls for NH police commissioner to apologize, resign for Obama slur

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If this is a standard then there should be a whole lot people resigning from their job.

I would prefer that people not use such words and the thinking behind it but right now those manipulating the country and world for their own wealth are a bigger issue. Soon all we will have is time for campfire tales and wishing we had a can of beans.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
If this is a standard then there should be a whole lot people resigning from their job.

I would prefer that people not use such words and the thinking behind it but right now those manipulating the country and world for their own wealth are a bigger issue. Soon all we will have is time for campfire tales and wishing we had a can of beans.

The greatest offenders of the use of the word n_____er are black people - with impunity I might add. On that note - let us suppose that it was JZ or some other black celeb who uttered such defaming words against an already 'defamed' black president? Would it make a difference?

OR better yet - let's suppose it another way - "Copeland is under fire after resident Jane O’Toole overheard him at a local restaurant call Idi Amin “that f------ n-----.”
Does anybody here remember the notorious Idi Amin? Google it!

Amin's rule was characterized by human rights abuse, political repression, ethnic persecution, extrajudicial killings, nepotism, corruption, and gross economic mismanagement. The number of people killed as a result of his regime is estimated by international observers and human rights groups to range from 100,000[1] to 500,000
edit on 19-5-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: pic

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FairAndBalanced

Most people believe in the double standard, so no. I don't buy into the 'term of endearment' use either.

For those in control, it's better citizens are up in arms over this then why there are not more jobs, so few have most of the wealth now and politicians are bought and sold daily.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Its funny I like Romney a whole lot more since he lost the election, he is pro minimum wage increases and I agree this guys needs to resign.

The tea party censorship handcuffed Romney during the elections. Too bad for him.

I think Romney would have been the best President we have had in 30 years, and he would have been a genius in our fiscal crisis. Big Shame.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I have a quick question...

What's this guys history with ethnic minorities, or those with alternative lifestyles? Have there been complaints about him?

If not, why not? If he's such a horrible person?

It's not his words, as nasty as I find it... It's his actions. Do they match the word? Or not?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
this is sad, when we can not be so forgiving, and demand blood, when people no longer have the same rights as is guaranteed under the law, we are no longer in a system of justice for all, and now thought police are on the move. It is a sad testament to our time, when a private conversation, or free speech is now suspect in all aspects of life, where a person who is in public life can no longer have those freedoms we all so cherish. While what the man stated was wrong, and for that he should be penalized, but not lose his job. When it costs him that much, there is something way wrong.

What all did he do, he was in a public place, having a private conversation, and a person only caught part of that conversation. He should not lose his job for it, but he should have some form of punishment, and his actions reviewed for a while.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The person who overheard the incident (in a public place) pays his wages and is entitled to her freedom of speech to report to others the way that the man in question used his freedom of speech; especially as many would interpret his speech as hateful and not becoming of some one in public office who hires and fires individuals who are in positions of power over others. US cops it would seem have a habit of beating the crap out of people, so perhaps if those who hired them had greater integrity then fewer US citizens would would get oppressed by those supposed to protect and serve. Freedom of speech cuts both ways.

It seems many others in the town agree with her. But this has all been covered in almost 40 pages on the other thread.

As to "possibly erroneous", go ahead and find the source of the "waitress" element. Both sources posted on ATS are the same news report, one slightly shorter that the other..

I'm out though, this has been done to death elsewhere but i was pulled in by the repeated disinfo that ATS has somehow introduced to this story.

And welcome to ATS

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I am all for him to resign IF and only IF, every black leader and celebrity, who makes racist comments, not in private nor in a restaurant, but on TV for millions to see, also resigns or are fired from their position. It cannot be one sided.
Firepiston

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

What relevance does Romney have in this????

Seems like he is trying to get back into the spot light.

Also, in regards to the Sheriff. What is the problem??? If rappers and other blacks can use the word, why can't everyone else?

How about Jackson???

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
. What business is this of Romney's?
. Copeland has every right to use this word and express his views.
. He does not have the right to avoid repercussions from the townspeople (his employers).
. It is NOT a private conversation if you vocalize loudly in a public place where the public can hear you.
. Overhearing someone does NOT make one a busy-body, but she has every right to be a busy-body.
. The resident also has every right to report the incident.
. The townspeople have every right to be furious with him and ask for his resignation.

There's really nothing more to say.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

Best to not defend spying, gossipy women, and busy-body eavesdroppers at that.

Exactly the same goes for the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers Donald Sterling - only in his case the so-called 'resident' who ratted him out was his own personal 'little tramp.'
It was an internecine argument NOT intended for the ears of other like minded low-lifers in the public sphere who wallow in this kind of nonsense.

Neither of these men were wrong in any way, shape, or form. Free speech notwithstanding, People are entitled to their own words, especially when uttered in private. Charges should be brought against both women (NOTE that women are notorious for this behavior) and NOT against the victims of their "thought crimes."

busybody: busybody; plural noun: a meddling or prying person, usually a woman. synonyms: meddler, interferer, mischief-maker, troublemaker

The kind of person you just want to punch in the mouth for being so damn annoying. They have no life and way too much time on their hands. They frequently use their excessive amount of time to annoy and monitor others, tattletale for small meaningless crap, butt into everybody's business except their own, and spy on people as if they think they are a cop or an important person or something.

eavesdropper
Same as above, but shared equally between men and women - Listening "in the wings" to other people's private conversations.
She's such an eavesdropper, you can't say anything private with her in the house.

edit on 19-5-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: add

edit on 19-5-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Go on then, what charges?

And misogyny ftw, go you.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Doesn't Romney own factories in China with guests towers and fences to "keep people out"?
Romney is the last person to morally advise anyone on anything as he is as evil as the rest of them.
It seems to be that in our federal government each politician is more evil than the last.
What of harry rieds racists comments on Obama?
edit on 19-5-2014 by violence=answer because: hit post too early

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir
Right, but the thing is, just like some questions, some words can be "loaded" and delivery and context means everything, but one observation that is hard to separate is the fact that most times, when that word is used while speaking negatively about a black person, when uttered by someone that is not , believe it or not they get the message 100 % , it is interpreted that you speak the same exact language as the slavemaster, the lynchmob and the klansman.

Some words have so much power, but it is up to people to decide how much power they will allow the word to affect them, we all know the history of the word and lets be honest, there is no racial epithet that exists that is equivalent that a person of color could ever form their lips to say describing someone who is not black that would instantly evoke the powerful negative feeling that it does when spoken by the angry, racist bigot (and in this case possibly someone that is reasonably educated )who knows exactly what the word means, the power it has and also the pain it could inflict when they are using it.

If you can"t say it to someones face without fear of unknown consequence or reaction I would probably say , use these words at your own risk, whether you think it is free speech or not, you will probably draw the negative power of that word to yourself and be in the exact position of attempting to apologize or defend yourself against those who take offense.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Its funny I like Romney a whole lot more since he lost the election, he is pro minimum wage increases and I agree this guys needs to resign.

The tea party censorship handcuffed Romney during the elections. Too bad for him.

You probably would have liked pre-election Romney as well.

The Romney in the election wasn't Romney...it was the GOP puppet acting that looks like Romney.

I don't know if I would have voted for Romney if he acted with his true feelings, didn't deny the health reform he did in MA, didn't deny the gun control he did in MA, and didn't ignore the minimum wage issue....but I wouldn't have thought it was absolutely necessary for Obama to win.

On topic, I agree..the guy should resign. I don't care if he apologizes, it wouldn't be sincere anyway.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Problem is, Sterling admitted he authorized some tapings, also I do not believe that a waitress or person assisting you in a restaurant, be it a cashier, janitor or anyone who takes offense at you using a word in public but at their place of employment should have to wait on you, and additionally because if they used the same word at that place of employment and were overheard or witnessed, that would probably get them disciplined, but more than likely fired on the spot.

I think you used up a lot of real estate on the thread going to great lengths to attempt to make someone in the position of a waitress have to tolerate something like this and who cares if when she told someone how she feels the person speaking it was a police commissioner, she has every right to do so, from there where the ball rolls it has nothing to do with what you are talking about.

This man is a supposed to be a respectable public servant and also set the example for subordinates , he probably has some EEOC and ethical measures in place that if one of his officers were caught using that language he would have to discipline or terminate them depending on the circumstances and HR policies, people that are in power positions and more importantly that serve all of the public that continue using these known racial epithets should be swiftly shut down, all they do is give a veiled free license to anyone to be able to use it and by their own actions and words, they give a nod and endorsement to subordinates.

edit on 19-5-2014 by phinubian because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
. What business is this of Romney's?

Ah! Now it makes sense.

He owns a home there...

“The vile epithet used and confirmed by the commissioner has no place in our community,” former Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who owns a home in Wolfeboro, said in a statement to the Boston Herald last week. “He should apologize and resign.”

Interestingly...

Krosnick said that studies conducted during Obama’s presidency have found that as many as 50 percent of white Americans openly express anti-black sentiments during in-person surveys. He added that the Obama presidency has led to an increase in outward expressions of racism — as well as an increased sensitivity by many other white Americans.

Sadly, I find this easy to believe...

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FairAndBalanced

busybody: busybody; plural noun: a meddling or prying person, usually a woman. synonyms: meddler, interferer, mischief-maker, troublemaker

The kind of person you just want to punch in the mouth for being so damn annoying. They have no life and way too much time on their hands. They frequently use their excessive amount of time to annoy and monitor others, tattletale for small meaningless crap, butt into everybody's business except their own, and spy on people as if they think they are a cop or an important person or something.

eavesdropper
Same as above, but shared equally between men and women - Listening "in the wings" to other people's private conversations.
She's such an eavesdropper, you can't say anything private with her in the house.

I'll be QFT'ing you in future as you clearly like to edit your posts long after receiving critical replies. This is ofc the section that you added.

Just wanted to highlight that you want to punch busy body women in the mouth.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

In all of these "racism" situations lately, certain people scramble to defend the alleged racist ("he had every right"!) and blame the woman involved in the story ("she should be punished"!), who is NOT racist. That's a huge red flag for me and very indicative of the views of much of this country.

Let me be clear, he DOES have every right. But so does the woman.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thoroughly agreed, they can both say what they like without criminal repercussions but ofc face other consequences instead, especially from those who pay their wages.

It's only really the initial dis-info that pulled me in here - it's a pet peeve of mine and generally i dont post here very often, especially recently.

I also very much agree on the "tell" received in many replies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join