It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney calls for NH police commissioner to apologize, resign for Obama slur

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

(CNN) - Mitt Romney is calling on a police commissioner to apologize and resign after using the N-word to describe President Obama

"The vile epithet used and confirmed by the commissioner has no place in our community: He should apologize and resign,” Romney said Sunday in a statement provided to CNN.

Robert Copeland, 82, is the police commissioner in Wolfeboro, New Hampshire - where Romney owns a home and spends a lot of time.

CNN
He should apologize and resign, on this point I completely agree with Romney. This kind of public idiotic behavior and then the justifying of if with free speech rhetoric is what will lead to the republican defeat in the upcoming elections, no matter how much money special interest spend. This type of speech in public then the reaction later is lunacy, bigoted and racist in nature and rubs the real America the wrong way.

Am radio and fox news has created a almost militant segment in society and as long as they continue to speak publicly it will continue to hurt there efforts to control the rest of us.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Romney, all class since day 1, the President who could have been. Hope the guy listens and resigns.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

What's the real America?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

All this seem a bit vague, what sense did he use it in? obviously its a seriously poor choice of word at the best of times but the context in which it was used makes all the differance.

I've heard people use offensive words while defending a group and I've heard people using the most PC of terms while calling diffrent groups everything but human.

Either way he should probably consider resigning but I'd like to hear his side instead of this knee-jerk lynching that happens when someone uses a word deemed offesnsive.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Romney, all class since day 1.

I get the feeling we both watched a very diffrent election, friend.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I took back sarah palins catch phrase, because real Americans are not racist bigots.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: monkofmimir

Perhaps watching the video at the link provided before replying would be good?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Hi

Here is a recent ATS thread ...

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

Basically he said it in a private conversation held in a private restaurant to somebody sitting at his table having lunch and a private conversation with him, when the waitress overheard what he said ... and proceeded to have a problem with that.

His opinion is apparently that he doesn't need to apologize to his friend for using the 'N' word!

I hope that helps!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir

Romney, all class since day 1.

I get the feeling we both watched a very diffrent election, friend.

Let me guess, you watched the version where when Romney said Russia was our greatest geo-political foe you thought he was stuck in cold war era thinking because Russia is friendly now right?

Oh oh oh, and you saw the election where Obama said Benghazi was a terrorist attack since day 1.

Yeah .. you definitely saw something different than me. Then again people tend to see what they want to be true, not what is true.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DietJoke

I actually agree with him, to a point. The problem is people with these views can't help but bring that bias into their work. If he could completely separate them then I say who cares what his views are. I just don't think he can.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Something like this is a little indication that Romney is thinking of running for president again. Goddess help us. The man is hard to put down, like a bad cold, or a full-on ferret, and has been shown the door but refuses to let go of the woodwork so we can close it on him.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   

He has a private conversation in a public restaurant where everyone could here what he said. What he said was racist and offensive so the waitress wrote a letter to the local city commissioner to complain, then he responded with emails to the waitress and all other police commissioners in NH admitting to using the racial word.

Again what she heard and did is in video at the link.

edit on 19-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Good grief, someone got the Romney Unit out of the repair depot and rebooted him? I thought that his hardware blew after so many software patches that had him for things, against things and confused about things?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

Its funny I like Romney a whole lot more since he lost the election, he is pro minimum wage increases and I agree this guys needs to resign.

The tea party censorship handcuffed Romney during the elections. Too bad for him.
edit on 19-5-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I actually agree with him, to a point. The problem is people with these views can't help but bring that bias into their work. If he could completely separate them then I say who cares what his views are. I just don't think he can.

But how many times have we heard it said - in political matters especially - that a particular "immoral" candidate shouldn't be judged on the basis of his personal life: that bad behavior at home shouldn't necessarily reflect on the candidates ability to perform well while in office.

While common sense tells us otherwise the average voter continually tries to separate the two when, in fact they are inseparable. Whether its a man cheating on his taxes or his wife, he's bound to 'cheat' on those for whom he's been elected to serve. We see it happening time and time again.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

The way i see may not be popular with most peoples politically correct thinking, but i see it like this..

The police Commissioner has a perfect right to both think and say what he likes...even if it offends, outrages or challenges people..that is his right as a Human being imo.

BUT..as an authority figure, one employed to police everybody, whites, blacks, hispanics, asians among them, his personal views on race ought to remain personal.

He has a duty to everyone, of whatever race and all deserve to be treated equally and with the same fairness under law.

If i were a black man living in his city, i would be thinking that his personal predudice against my race would mean that i and others like me would not get an equal and fair experience under law.

And Obama's a big boy..i'm sure he's heard worse.

edit on 19-5-2014 by MysterX because: typo

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

Hi

Here is a recent ATS thread ...

Town's White Police Official Calls Obama N-word - Refuses to Apologize

Basically he said it in a private conversation held in a private restaurant to somebody sitting at his table having lunch and a private conversation with him, when the waitress overheard what he said ... and proceeded to have a problem with that.

His opinion is apparently that he doesn't need to apologize to his friend for using the 'N' word!

I hope that helps!

According to the source in the linked article, he loudly expressed the unpleasant term at the TV in the venue, and a member of the public (NOT a waitress) who was also there complained about it.

There was some clarification needed on this - the OP in your linked thread was quite inaccurate when compared to it's source. Funny that.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
The way i see may not be popular with most peoples politically correct thinking, but i see it like this..
The police Commissioner has a perfect right to both think and say what he likes...even if it offends, outrages or challenges people..that is his right as a Human being imo.BUT..as an authority figure, one employed to police everybody, whites, blacks, hispanics, asians among them, his personal views on race ought to remain personal.He has a duty to everyone, of whatever race and all deserve to be treated equally and with the same fairness under law.If i were a black man living in his city, i would be thinking that his personal predudice against my race would mean that i and others like me would not get an equal and fair experience under law.And Obama's a big boy..i'm sure he's heard worse.

You said: ..."his [the Commissioner] personal views on race ought to remain personal."

The fact is that's precisely what they were - his "personal views." The Commissioners words weren't uttered from the 'dais,' at an official press conference, or at a city council meeting. They were said in private with the intention of sharing them with his companions at the table - only. His words were eavesdropped by a busy-body resident whose intentions were rather shady to say the least. Some residents in lowly positions are know to harbor ill feelings towards their 'superiors' and are willing to jump at the chance of humiliating or otherwise "bringing down" those who occupy a loftier position. Some low standard people such as the 'resident ' even sell the personal, private words of another for profit.

Exactly the same goes for the owner of the Los Angeles Clippers Donald Sterling - only in his case the so-called 'waitress' who ratted him out was his own personal 'little tramp.'

BTW - He's telling them all to go to hell.

NOTE: Revised to say 'resident' as opposed to 'waitress' resulting from some 'perhaps erroneous' reports of a 'waitress.' Either way - the point of the post is unchanged. Busybody 'resident' or busybody 'waitress'.....same difference.
edit on 19-5-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: edit

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FairAndBalanced

You realise that it was not a waitress, yeah?

Check the source for accuracy
otherwise your points will sadly mean nothing as they refer to a non existent element of the story, erroneously introduced by the OP of the 30+ page thread.

So was it purposeful dis-info or a mistake? Either way it's derailed the discussion and rendered your middle paragraph a waste of time, except to reveal that you don't like waitresses. Fair enough i guess :/

But anyway, we don't need to read sources - we can just take some random individual on ATS's word for it.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

NOTE: [Post] Revised to say 'resident' as opposed to 'waitress' resulting from some 'perhaps erroneous' reports of a 'waitress' as the low-life busybody eavesdropper. Either way - the point of the post is unchanged. Busybody 'resident' or busybody 'waitress'.....same difference.

edit on 19-5-2014 by FairAndBalanced because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join