It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Murder ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Right! lets see whose a man/woman or a mouse then?

If you wanted to kill some-one could you?

And if so ?

1) how would you do it?

2) why would you need to do it?

3) more importantly, could you live with yourself after you have done it?

blackwidow666

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by blackwidow666]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 08:50 AM
link   
i think i could because if it was a case of me or them, or if they threatened someone i cared about i would have no choice. i think under those circumstances i would be able to live with it afterwards. as for weapons, i would just use whatever i could, and get it over with quickly

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I'm with Daystar on that! It would have to be a case of kill or be killed.

What weapon?? Anything that came to hand.. if you think about it you could use basically anything to kill someone with.

Could I live with myself?? Now thats the question?? I honestly don't know? Maybe if I know that it was a case of survival or protection but definitely not in total pre-meditated state!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I think you are asking two things almost unrelated here..
Because if you 'HAD' to kill someone in a life-death situation then you wouldn't be able to answer the next three questions..

But if you wanted to kill someone, then you could answer the next 3 questions..
So I'm just confused with what you are 'truly' asking

Mag

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I think if you're talking about killing someone at the physical level so they no longer exist in physical form, I would not do it.

Doing this would not necessarily get rid of the person if they are knowledgeable about obe states etc. and are determined to get revenge on the person who killed them.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
yes your half right, you could split the question in two if need be.

will change it slightly!

b-w

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
thats the kinda question you are n`t gonna know for sure until your put there. Extreme situations often breed extreme reactions...i`d probably would n`t but put under pressure I would n`t wanna bet on it.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Funny you should have a topic about this BW!

When i finish my training i will be going out to Iraq for some desert training with the US and British Armies.

When the people i work with ask me how i feel when i go away for a few days to live fire exercises, they also ask me how i would feel if i had to shoot someone?

All i can say is this:

I know on the ranges that i am shooting something that isn't alive...i know that i am not killing it. But to answer your question on how i would feel after shooting someone...is an answer i hope never to give!

But....i'm training to defend, injure to deter and kill if necessary!!!!!!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wanted to, not had to but wanted to.

If I wanted to kill them it must be out of a justice thing, so I probably would be able to live with myself. I say probably because I don't know, I've never killed out of "want".

I would use either a claw hammer or a baseball bat. Either one would give me satisfaction. Probably the bat so I could cripple and maim the target, allowing him to suffer for a while, then I'd send him off.

Why would I need to do it? Wait, that's not the same thing as want.
A need would arise from self-defense or the defense of others.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Under certain situations and influenced by strong emotions without time to think rationally who knows for sure, probably nobody unless it's already happened to them. But with time to think and plan and justify your reasoning it's realy just that same old question weather or not you think it is ok to take another life. Cause once you say "no", that's it....There is no exceptions to the rule. Not even the classic "If someone killed my mother or child or spouse, then that would different." Or even the "eye for an eye" excuse doesn't hold water. I mean all you are doing is justifying the act of doing something that you've already stated as not right. Even the crazy guy or the disgruntled postman or the war mongering military general had a justification to do what he/she did.

I don't believe in killing another person, nor do I believe in the death penalty in anyway. Now that doesn't mean that I don't think some sick bastards don't deserve it or even deserve worse than death, but that still doesn't justify me to do something that I believe is wrong especially when the reason I want them killed is because they killed someone else. I mean it's just hipocritical to think different.

A great story I once read about Buddha is that someone that converted to being one of his followers did so because of his willingness to let this other man kill him. For in his enlightened state of being and with the understanding that only love can destroy hate and only creation can counteract destruction Buddha would rather be killed than kill this other person because he didn't believe in that couse of action and so it wasn't an option.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah, Buddha, ok.

Anyway, not an aluminum bat, but a real bat, the vibes travelling the length of the wood to your hands, it's got to have a fuller, more meaningful feel to it than a stinking aluminum bat cracking a skull.

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackwidow666
Right! lets see whose a man/woman or a mouse then?

Well, MICE can kill each other, you know. The ability to kill doesn't mean much other than you can eliminate another of your own species. Trees do it (yes, really) so do one celled animals and so on and so forth. Even "peaceful vegetarian" animals will do this.

If you wanted to kill some-one could you?

Yes.

And if so ?
1) how would you do it?

Depends on the circumstances and the opportunities and the situation. If I was a peace officer of Texas and administering the death sentence to a condemned criminal, I would not use a bomb.

...and so forth.

It's YOUR question. You just asked if I was capable of it.

I come from a very long line of professional soldiers. Yes, we have learned how to live with acts of murder.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Being from a long line of soldiers and learning to accept and justify killing in the line of duty, do you feel that killing (people killing people only) is just a nesessary evil? Even though as humans we are supposed to have the intelligence and creative insite to find a better way to deal with serious opposing forces without simply destroying them for lack of better options. Cause I can accept the fact that animals and insects and even plants destroying each other and even killing us becaue they are just animals, but aren't we supposed to strive for better solutions to our problems then destruction??

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you want true justice & the intended target to suffer, I would want them to be alive to get it.

Killing the person gives them an easy way out.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
As already mentioned, it would have to be a case of self defense or defending others for the thought of killing someone to even enter my mind. It's too hard to say how and with what I would do it with, it would depend on the situation. As I said, it wouldn't be pre-meditated so I have no idea what kind of weapon I would have access to at any given time. I'm sure I would feel guilty, even if they truly deserved it. I dont even enjoy hunting because I dont like to kill, but I could if I really had to in an extreme situation. I just hope I never find myself in that position.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ths only way I would kill someone is if my life or the life of one of my loved ones was in inmediate danger.

I'm sure I would feel guilty, even if they truly deserved it. I dont even enjoy hunting because I dont like to kill, but I could if I really had to in an extreme situation. I just hope I never find myself in that position.

I agree. I hope I never find myself in that situation either.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Seemed like a very simple question was asked, but most wanted to debate the ethics involved and attempt to suggest alternative solutions to a problem.

I'm curious about the true answers to the question.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
~1st Question: If you wanted to kill some-one could you?

That is an ethical question is it not??? Unless you are questioning the pure mechanics behind the act of killing someone in which case I would think as long as you have at least some motor skills and an IQ of a small child of course you can kill someone...You can stab em, shoot em, poison em, drop a piano on them, I mean the lest is endless. In fact even if you had no arms or legs you could probably just chew someone to death if they got close enough to you.

And if so ?

1) how would you do it?

Answer is included in above statement. Unless you really wanted something specific in which the next question would tie into this one being the basis of your motivation.

Also an ethical question I would think???

Definately and ethical question.....Unless of course you know of someway to live without yourself???

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
If you wanted to kill someone, could you, how would you, and could you live with yourself.

Could I? Don't know. So far, I've not acted on such primal impulses. As far as the ability, yes.

How? Baseball bat. D-definitely. Good vibrations!

Live with myself? Again, question unable to be answered at this time. Must wait until I try it and know for a fact.

See? No attempts at philosophy, no trip down ethics road.

Why read so much into a simple sentence? Answer the question and then teach a class, how about it?

Would you prefer a gun, MO, or maybe a nice piece of ash such as an axe handle? Poison, maybe?

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well Thomas if I was really gonna do it then I would have to say I would want to get the most out of it possible...So a gun is out....Not near personal enough and too much distance.....a bat or club might be fun, but would be over too fast.....Refering back to Questor killing someone would be too good for them....After all they have driven me to the point of actually having to deal with that much rage and anger......So first I would like to capture them and if needed keep them living by using an IV for atleast a week while I systematically peel back the top layers of their flesh exposing the sensitive undertissue allowing me to further thier lesson by washing that tissue with salt and lemon. The whole time repeating to them the reason why they deserve this treatment. Then I would probably finish it off by strangling them slowly with my bare hands while looking at them dead in the eyes so I could watch the fear, anger and everything else as it leaves their body. Sure this is a bit graphic, but after all if you are really gonna do it, premeditated that is, why not get the most impact out of it as possible. Is that a better answer???

top topics

<<   2 >>

join