It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Realistic or Nonsensical Dreams?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I often see people, when discussing dreams, describing them as being basically nonsensical, like they just consist of crazy # that makes no sense when you wake up. Well, my dreams are, in general, of a different sort. My dreams tend to be very realistic. I very often dream of just regular situations I could go through in real life, or even if not is generally a believable scenario.

I'm not saying all of my dreams are like this, but they tend to be more like that. And it's always been that way. I remember when I was a kid having dreams about going to school and doing things that could realistically happen, and sometimes being confused whether something actually happened or was a dream. What about you guys, do your dreams tend to be reasonable or sensational/nonsensical? And do you think there is a reason for the differences in the 'type' of dreams people have?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
It depends a lot on where you are at energetically. I notice that when I don't take time to process the events that have occurred in my day that I may continue to sort those out through symbolic dreams to further clear the information. That doesn't happen a lot for me anymore but it does from time to time. If you have a dream interpretation book it can be helpful in sorting out those kinds of things.
Lately my dreams state is quite a bit different. I don't always remember all the details but I share a common dream time with my soul mate and am able to ask questions or to compare experiences the next day. It was a bit of trip in the beginning many years ago and we weren't together again for a long time but its happening again and it's an amazing experience to say the least.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yeah, my dreams are always super realistic. Not just realistic situations, but real feeling. I used to make myself lucid dream by looking at a clock and if the numbers were all squiggly then it was a dream. Eventually, I started to be able to read numbers and now I can read and spell words in my dreams. I eat, sleep, smell, taste, feel emotionally and physically. I have a few different.... lives? in my dreams too. Not just recurring dreams, but the same people in the same town doing similar but different things.
I have even "used the restroom" in my dreams without it happening in real life.
(People say that is supposed to happen?)

I know what you mean, too, about not knowing whether something happened in real life or a dream. It is kind of disconcerting, but I always ask my mom, sister, or husband, and they usually tell me, lol!

My favorite thing that happens in my dreams is when I dream. Not only do I dream in my dreams, but I remember a dream I had Tuesday in my dream on Wednesday or Thursday.

I look forward too, and long for, my dreams. They are super realistic and I feel like nobody understands how real they are, so I am glad I saw this post.

One bad thing, though, is my night terrors. As real as my "good" dreams are, so are my bad dreams.
My whole life I have had night terrors. My mom told me that I started to scream in the middle of the night when I was like, 2 y/o or so, and it still happens now, 20 years later. I can go either a few weeks without nightmares, or I may have 3 a week.

Have you ever had a shared dream? I read about it once, on ATS I believe. It has only happened to me once or twice, once I know for sure. It was with my dog....

But all in all, I love my super realistic dreams, and I am about to go to bed soon.
Can't wait!!

Peace.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: starshift

I think I was writing my post when you posted.
Is common dream time, like, you guys share dreams?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: berbishchanish

Yes, we go to the same place back home in another star system. She is incredibly lucid within that realm and I'll often remember bits and pieces but not always understand the full context of the situations so I will get the rest of the situation later on. They sometimes involve other types of beings as well.
edit on 18-5-2014 by starshift because: edit

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wow, that is amazing. How does that work? Do/Did you guys have to practice?

a reply to: starshift

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

We travel to the same place with our astral bodies. It was very confusing at first because I would remember having dreams of being in foreign landscapes unlike earth. An example would be seeing the sunrise with a ringed planet in the atmosphere as well, or different colored or multiple stars, or traveling in space craft or seeing odd creatures, etc. I would then ask certain questions without giving too many clues as I wanted to verify this for myself and I was then clued in regarding more specific information.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

How would you know you shared a dream with your dog?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The majority of my dreams are realistic. Sometimes I'll wake up feeling like they were actually memories... It can mess with my head sometimes.

top topics

join