It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama.Care’s penalties on hospital re-admissions will kill off the sick and elderly

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
More reminders of possible 0bama.Care death panels.

This one has been in effect since October 2012 and is actually part of the PPACA law passed by Congress and signed by 0bama.

It involves limits on Medicare patients being re-admitted to hospitals for certain "conditions".

Those limits certainly could lead to untimely death or a worsening of a condition.

More limits are being implemented.

The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MPAC) is involved with making some key financial corrective measure "decisions".

Beware of those "release" disclaimers. They could be subtly telling you to get your affairs in order !!!

If you have an aging parent or other elderly relative who is currently hospitalized with chronic heart or lung disease, the good news is he is coming home. The bad news is that he is likely coming home to die. That’s thanks to a strong disincentive for hospitals to readmit chronically ill Medicare patients under a provision of Obamacare.

Called the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (Section 3025 of the Affordable Care Act added section 1886(q)), the provision took effect on October 1, 2012 and penalizes hospitals for readmitting patients with one of several high-maintenance conditions — heart failure, heart attack and pneumonia — within 30 days of discharge. Two additional expensive-to-manage illnesses, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and follow-up treatment for coronary bypass surgery, are scheduled to be phased in this year.
[/size

Obamacare’s penalties on hospital readmissions will kill off the sick and elderly

Readmissions Reduction Program (cms.gov site)

In 2012 U.S. health care spending increased 3.7 percent to reach $2.8 trillion, or $8,915 per person.

National Health Expenditures 2012 Highlights

"Dr" 0bama spekas....

Jane asks the President if her 100 year old mother (now 105) would have gotten a pacemaker under his plan. Well now that's a tough one ... that costs a lot and maybe we will have to say, just take a pill. Priceless.

Obama to Jane Sturm: Hey, take a pill

www.youtube.com...

and here's Grandmaw go'in over the cliff !!
originally aimed at Republicans.
But WHO's really guilty now ?

With pretty boy Paul Ryan's draconian and savage cuts to Medicare in his budget proposal, we have to ask ourselves: Is America still beautiful without Medicare?

Granny Off the Cliff

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I thought this was beneath even you and I'm pretty sure somebody in the GOP is cutting you a monthly check.

DEATH PANELS? REALLY?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

edit on 2014-5-18 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Star-n-Flag to Xuenchen ... ( for doing a great job keep up with the Roller-Coaster-Care )

AND

When ( and If ) THIS starts Kicking-In ???

-
SUSPICION: Who will want to be a ... Health-Care-Worker ???

SUSPICIOUS-OBSERVATION: Death ... AND Destruction ???

+21 more 
posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
I thought this was beneath even you and I'm pretty sure somebody in the GOP is cutting you a monthly check.

DEATH PANELS? REALLY?

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

*facepalm*

I understand your nervous push-button frustrations.

But like they say "the law is the law".

Any selected panel of "experts" that limits medical care is a death panel.

Do you have anything to justify these death panels?

edit on May-18-2014 by xuenchen because:

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Any selected panel of "experts" that limits medical care is a death panel. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You mean like insurance companies?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

We are spending too much on the people and that is cutting into the bonuses and shareholders dividends. Profits at all cost come first over people.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Any selected panel of "experts" that limits medical care is a death panel. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yes, insurance companies have death panels as well. So what you are saying is it's ok for the government to join in rather than stop it?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Insurance companies are another.

But the law is the law. PPACA allows them to "certify" your death too !!

We all need to make sure our wills and trusts are in order !!

Get those DNR's notarized a.s.a.p. !!!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001

We are spending too much on the people and that is cutting into the bonuses and shareholders dividends. Profits at all cost come first over people.

You could be right.

But who are the shareholders of Medicare?

The administrators?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Yes, insurance companies have death panels as well. So what you are saying is it's ok for the government to join in rather than stop it?

When the Government became for sale to the highest bidder with Citizens United, it was a Green Light from Big Corporations and Banks to Meddle with the markets on their behalf.

Why else would Big Pharma and Insurance be at the top of the list in lobbying? They are screaming, Government please meddle in the markets for us.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Paid = $0

"Proof" of the death panel in this topic (MPAC) is in the law and regulations of the U.S. HHS Dept. (and don't forget the IRS either).

I understand your palpitating frustrations too !!

Your blinded rage makes it tough to assemble a meaningful rebuttal.

edit on Sun May 18 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Lol, plz dont change, im not the one foaming at the mouth with anything obama, but keep it up when election time is up and the reps lose again, i cant wait for your thrilling losing speech.

Obama eats babies now that would be an exciting new thread for you, might even get a few stars and flags.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well, I'm not a doctor, but I watched both my parents die before Obama was even a candidate for President. I've seen hospitals barely address my parents issues and release them as soon as they could, only to have them back in the emergency room for hours upon hours, sitting alone in their wheel chair, pooping and peeing themselves, waiting to see a doctor! We used to take shifts, between family members and church folk, sitting with them in the ER because one of us had to go to work, and my mom or dad were still waiting to be seen.

If this stops hospitals from throwing the elderly out before they've adequately addressed the issues at hand, so that these folk don't have to keep coming back, via emergency rooms, then it's a good thing. In my opinion.......

edit on 18-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
a reply to: FarleyWayne

Did you ever see me say obama has never lied, yep never happened, this was just a cute hello to my good propaganda friend mr X.

He does an awsome job, kinda like the bill oreilly of ATS

Good/Glad to see that WE can agree on a ... MAJOR THING !!!

HOWEVER

I am a little disappointed that we can't agree on Xuenchen ... BECAUSE ... I honestly believe that he's performed Outstanding-Job relative to the (TANGLED?) Health-Care-Issues.

-
OPINION: ACA/Obamacare MUST be ... NULLIFIED-TO-NON-EXISTANCE.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: jacobe001

You could be right.

But who are the shareholders of Medicare?

The administrators?

Medicare falls under Obamacare and who wrote Obamacare?

It was not Obama because recall Nancy Pelosi saying we have to pass it to see what is in it? They did not even see the bill.
The Bill was already bought and paid for. Calling it Obamacare allows the divide and conquer to continue, because the Insurance Industry like Wall Street DO NOT CARE if they are Republicans or Democrats. They are both the party of money and Romney would have been a fine puppet as well (Recall Romney Care)

The Insurance Industry

www.opensecrets.org...

Pharmaceuticals/Health Products $2,859,259,960
Insurance $2,003,872,529

My My, it does not look like Big Pharma and Insurance are hurting if they have enough profits in the trillions to toss to politicians. Interfere with the markets Big Government and help us reap even more power and wealth.

www.spiritofhealthcare.com...

According to Kaiser Permanente, total health insurance costs in 1980 were $286 billion. By 2010, they had increased nearly tenfold to $2.3 trillion. As the population ages, that number is expected to soar. According to federal estimates, health care costs will double in the next decade and are likely to double again by 2030, when 70 million Americans – fully 20% of the population – will be over the age of 65. Could such dire estimates have provided the health insurance industry with a powerful $10 trillion incentive to move this looming liability off their balance sheets and onto the backs of the American taxpayer?

All those old people are going to suck into their profits and they need the American People to step up the plate and prop them up like we did Wall Street. Be a Pal and fork over the money to them ....or die, whichever is cheaper.

In May 2010, after final passage of the current health care law, Senator Max Baucus, from whose Finance Committee the legislation emerged, stood before the Senate and members of the press to publicly thank the person he credited with making it all happen:

“I wish to single out one person, and that one person is sitting next to me. Her name is Liz Fowler. Liz Fowler is my chief health counsel. Liz Fowler has put my health care team together. Liz Fowler worked for me many years ago, left for the private sector, and then came back when she realized she could be there at the creation of health care reform because she wanted that to be, in a certain sense, her professional lifetime goal. She put together the White Paper last November–2008–the 87-page document which became the basis, the foundation, the blueprint from which almost all health care measures in all bills on both sides of the aisle came.”

So who is Liz Fowler? Prior to joining Baucus’ staff as the senior advisor on health care, she was Vice President of Public Policy and External Affairs for none other than the aforementioned number two insurance company, Wellpoint. Not to put too fine a point to it, but the chief lobbyist for AHIP (America’s Health Insurance Plans), a national trade organization of over 1,300 insurers, infiltrated the Senate Finance Committee and wrote a law to benefit not the American people, but the entire insurance industry. As it turns out, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is not intended to make health insurance more affordable for the American people. It is designed to make the American people more affordable for the health insurance industry.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

I agree mostly.

But I would think the insurance companies are limited on "profits" because of the "Medical Loss ratios" (mostly 80/20) built into law.

They must rebate policy premiums when they fail to spend most of the money.

I would say that makes the medical industry more profit unlimited, not so much the "insurance" companies.

Medical Loss Ratios for Health Insurance

Medical Loss Ratio (cms.gov site)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I really didn't think anyone could screw up Healthcare worse than it already was.

I was wrong.

My doctor told me he went to a conference here in Ca. with 350 + Doctors.

He said not a single Doctor was happy with the ACA.

He said only about 10% thought it could be saved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join