It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW Disease Discovered - "Desert Dementia" ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Harry Reid: Vote to Amend U.S. Constitution to Limit Political Speech

On May 15, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) announced the Senate Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on June 3 on amending the U.S. Constitution to limit political speech. If ultimately adopted, it would mark the first time in American history that a constitutional amendment rescinded a freedom listed as among the fundamental rights of the American people.

-
Signs and symptoms of Dementia

Dementia affects the brain's ability to think, reason and remember clearly. The most common affected areas include: memory, visual-spatial, language, attention, and executive function (problem solving).

Most types of dementia are slow and progressive. By the time the person shows signs of the disease, the process in the brain has been happening for a long time.

-
SENTIMENT: NEVADA, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Somebody please put this guy out of his misery....unbelievable idiot.....

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Who wants to bet Union spending will not be cut by this?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

a reply to: FarleyWayne

SENTIMENT: NEVADA, YOU HAVE A PROBLEM !!!

Nevada knew Harry was nuts back in 2010 when he ran for re-election again.

The votes were rigged unfortunately, and the opposing candidate was a little lame as well.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

We all knew he was nuts, but the money guys and rigged voting system beat us. Plus, as you stated, his competitor was VERY lame. Ah well, he has lined his pockets with BLM land grants, swaps, purchases, and the like. He and his clan are set forever. The area I live in, Anthem Highlands, was BLM land that was swapped to Reid friends.
edit on 5181414 by rockflier because: spelling

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
How could people ever get into office if they are never allowed to talk about politics in the first place.

Not talking enough about politics, like in the education system, is already whats causing problems.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Talk about putting the Fox in charge of the hen house.

All this does is ensure congress remains corrupt.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Oh man .... that's really bad. How the heck do people like Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi keep getting voted in? People can't possibly be dumb enough to vote for them ... can they? This is insanity ... suicide ....

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Symptomatic of many of the same political ideology as Reid.

Shutting people up.

Just look at "Free speech" zones, limited speech on college campuses, and in schools.

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

-Voltaire

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:

Normally, when I hear of political descent, or of the government restricting the freedom of speech, it terrifies me as it has far more reaching implications that is a door that should not be opened. Normally I do not advocate violence, or any sort of violent movements. I abhor them, finding such distasteful, and not necessary. However, the day that the very government sworn to govern, takes away a right like the freedom of speech, to limit or stop, is the day I cease advocating peaceful solutions and join the other side that advocates using violence against the government and insurrection, succession and other means to take down the federal government by any means necessary.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

I agree with your sentiments. Given the recent events here in Nevada and the stand taken by our less than illustrious Senator "Dingy Harry" Reid I should not be surprised.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Please don't forget about McCain...He and Harry can hold hands and sing "kum by ya".

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Towards the bottom of the article I read that Chuck Schumer is right there with Harry. Why is that man lurking around whenever a proposal to limit the Constitutional rights of Americans is authored? I have never met Chuck, but I despise him on principle alone. His just being a lifelong politician that has never held a job outside of elected office is sufficient reason for my malice, but couple that with 2 decades at least of being at the forefront of limiting freedom seals the deal for me.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: rockflier
While I do not agree with him, I can not really say much about him as I do not live in the state of Nevada. Though I would not be surprised if the people of the state of Nevada do not turn on him in the next election, and hopefully replace him.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I hope they pass it and while they are at it get rid of the 2nd also. People need a wake up call and losing all your liberties would wake people up.

We are in such a sad state slowly going broke as inflation rises. I often wonder what it will take to wake people up............Maybe it will be starving at this rate.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
a reply to: rockflier
While I do not agree with him, I can not really say much about him as I do not live in the state of Nevada. Though I would not be surprised if the people of the state of Nevada do not turn on him in the next election, and hopefully replace him.

In our last state election, right up until the finally vote tally, it appeared that he would be defeated. Unfortunately, his opponent was not a lot better. In Clark County (all of southern Nevada) the union presence is huge. When the votes were tallied from this area he overwhelmingly won. Many instances of voter fraud and less than honest counting were brought to light but were quickly swept under the carpet. Many of the allegations brought to light concerned non citizens voting for him.

His influence in the southern part of the state is amazing, he pretty well gets what he wants by whatever means he deems necessary. I do hope that southern Nevada wakes up when he next runs, but honestly I have little faith it will be so.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In my opinion; we need to have term limits. I’m talking 8 years max. This guy is nuts, but unfortunately, he’s not the only one.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

The bill regards campaign financing and political contributions, not actual free speech -- unless you think corporations are people, and that rich people should have far greater political power than anyone else.

It appears the that the new disease is actually online dementia, and that ATS is a vector.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MrInquisitive

Actually, the Supreme Court DOES think that corporations are people. Not that I agree, but here is what they say:

But despite the urgings of members of the Court itself and a public shell-shocked by the recent torrent of unregulated corporate expenditures, the Court chose instead to double down and reaffirm the conclusion of Citizens United that corporations are people -- at least as far as the First Amendment is concerned.

Supreme Court

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

It's a Breitbart article. Yawn. Here's a better article that dares to mention what Reid is actually trying to do.

edit on 22-5-2014 by AngryCymraeg because: Odd mistake

top topics

<<   2 >>

join