It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama 'madder than hell' over VA scandal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: OneManArmy

While I agree with your assessment of our 2 party system and its similarities of being controlled, I have a problem with how you condemn our system when the system within your own nation has exactly the same problems. Perhaps the old adage of "people who live in glass houses should not cast stones" should apply. Again, I agree that we have a tremendous problem, but abstain from posting rhetoric condemning your country for the same transgressions.

The hue and cry from veterans and their families has not dimmed but grown stronger since 2005 when Parliament passed the legislation we now know as the ‘New Veterans Charter’ or NVC. Will Parliament take up veterans’ torch and finally make bureaucracy work for veterans? As the unaddressed recommendations accumulate, will the NVC become increasingly unfit to provide adequate shelter for our veterans and their families in the coming years?

Veterans in UK against Parliamentary, bureaucratic wall

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockflier

While I agree with your assessment of our 2 party system and its similarities of being controlled, I have a problem with how you condemn our system when the system within your own nation has exactly the same problems. Perhaps the old adage of "people who live in glass houses should not cast stones" should apply. Again, I agree that we have a tremendous problem, but abstain from posting rhetoric condemning your country for the same transgressions.

The hue and cry from veterans and their families has not dimmed but grown stronger since 2005 when Parliament passed the legislation we now know as the ‘New Veterans Charter’ or NVC. Will Parliament take up veterans’ torch and finally make bureaucracy work for veterans? As the unaddressed recommendations accumulate, will the NVC become increasingly unfit to provide adequate shelter for our veterans and their families in the coming years?

Veterans in UK against Parliamentary, bureaucratic wall

Please be aware, Im very much aware of my own countries issues. There is barely a rizzla paper between the ideologies of both our governments, ultimately they serve the same masters. I condemn my own government as much as I condemn yours. I condemn any government that preaches democracy and freedom, while taking it away.
I find it highly offensive that our governments ask the heroic amongst us to fight and die for their wars, and then abandon them when they need our help. Its truly disgusting. The homeless population in the UK has a disgustingly large proportion of veterans. As I said in another post, I was hoping to move to the US to escape the problems here, but then the US isnt any better. Sorry if I gave a biased impression.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I thank you for your reply and clarification. Perhaps I am being a bit too defensive, but I have been set upon by others from a part of the UK for our government doing the exact same things as exist in the UK.

Again, apologies for being perhaps a bit quick on the trigger so to speak.
Cheers, Mate.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Perhaps I am being a bit too defensive.

Again, apologies for being perhaps a bit quick on the trigger so to speak.
Cheers, Mate.

No problem, you're a patriot, its to be expected. lol.
Im a patriot too. Its my government that is conspiring to treason.

edit on 20145America/Chicago05pm5pmWed, 21 May 2014 14:22:13 -05000514 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

As is ours, I suspect. Reference my signature block

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hopefully the probe that Obama has ordered is more productive than the probes into the IRS, the AP scandal, Fast and Furious, NSA, and Benghazi have been.
edit on 5211414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: manna2

originally posted by: amazing
But you guys don't get it. You make it seem like the Republicans can save us. Do you really believe that? You make it seem like Obama lied more than Bush. Do you really believe that? You also make it seem like we would have been better off with Romney. Do you really believe that? 3 good questions.
do YOU really believe that... comparing obama to bush is a standard you want to use here?

I do. Because the "outraged conservatives" here seem to think that Obama is the worst president ever and destroying this country. I'm saying. ...eh.. not really no worse than Bush and no worse than most other presidents.

All this Hyperbole is doing is further dividing this country. There's no sense in it.

i actually live in the USA and have been for decades and decades and decades. I know what I'm talking about when I say...Obama hasn't taken away more freedoms and he hasn't destroyed the country. He doesn't walk around wearing a crown and carrying a scepter and he doesn't quote any satanists.

You guys aren't in touch with reality.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

I do. Because the "outraged conservatives" here seem to think that Obama is the worst president ever and destroying this country. I'm saying. ...eh.. not really no worse than Bush and no worse than most other presidents.

All this Hyperbole is doing is further dividing this country. There's no sense in it.

i actually live in the USA and have been for decades and decades and decades. I know what I'm talking about when I say...Obama hasn't taken away more freedoms and he hasn't destroyed the country. He doesn't walk around wearing a crown and carrying a scepter and he doesn't quote any satanists.

I am one of "those outraged conservatives" but I think you are mistaken at much of our "conservative" outrage. We have not had a descent government in recent memory. In fact, in my 65 years I can only remember one decent President.

As for being in touch with reality, I guess each has his own reality. Mine is rubbish to you and vice versa. Let it be said that MY outrage is biased only toward the ones who are screwing up our country. Not limited to Obama, although he surely has not done anything to help the situation, but aimed at every politico and career bureaucrat for the last few decades. Do not deceive yourself into thinking that just because a person is a conservative that they are your enemy. We all want the same thing, a solid nation. But, we differ in how to achieve that goal. I would not be so presumptuous as to label all liberals as "left wing loonies", although a few may fit that description. Rather than labeling all based on a few, both sides need to put down the barbs and have a meaningful discourse, such as ATS affords us that vehicle.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I am one of "those outraged conservatives" but I think you are mistaken at much of our "conservative" outrage. We have not had a descent government in recent memory. In fact, in my 65 years I can only remember one decent President.

As for being in touch with reality, I guess each has his own reality. Mine is rubbish to you and vice versa. Let it be said that MY outrage is biased only toward the ones who are screwing up our country. Not limited to Obama, although he surely has not done anything to help the situation, but aimed at every politico and career bureaucrat for the last few decades. Do not deceive yourself into thinking that just because a person is a conservative that they are your enemy. We all want the same thing, a solid nation. But, we differ in how to achieve that goal. I would not be so presumptuous as to label all liberals as "left wing loonies", although a few may fit that description. Rather than labeling all based on a few, both sides need to put down the barbs and have a meaningful discourse, such as ATS affords us that vehicle.

Good reply and my vitriol wasn't aimed at you. I just get tired of the "Obummer is destroying this country" crap. Those people never seem to fathom for a second that republicans...and the very republicans in congress right now... are just as much to blame as the president. They can't see that. It's all Obama. They also can't see that. Well the country isn't destroyed. It's certainly no worse now than it was before Obama took office. It's not. It's better if anything. Maybe not much and not for everyone but it's certainly no worse. Not Bush blaming but there was a world wide recession that Obama took over. The VA has always had problems. and so on and so on. Why can't the "Outraged Conservatives" Look at the big picture and not just one man. Just saying. That's reality. The big picture. All of our leaders. Both Parties. The last couple of presidents.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I disagree that the country is no worse off now than a few years ago, but that is my perception. We all have that right, to believe as we do. I personally go much further back in the beginning of our downslide, starting with Johnson and continuing right on into the "Watergate Boys". Again, my perceptions. As you have been vehement in your contentions, so have we "conservatives". Just remember to listen, think, then reply. I have been very guilty of omitting the middle part of that axiom. I read, then fired back with my own prejudices without thinking in between.

Anyway, take care. The best to you. Rock

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Hopefully the probe that Obama has ordered is more productive than the probes into the IRS, the AP scandal, Fast and Furious, NSA, and Benghazi have been.

I really wouldnt count on that.

Not if the UK's history with regards to enquiries is anything to go by.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama mad? Cant see that

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I honestly do not have much faith in the results of any probe being effective, regardless of which side of the aisle conducts it. I profess to be very conservative, and as such I have a deep distrust of all our current politicians regardless of which party they belong to. This includes the Tea Party. My personal beliefs and possibly my prejudices lead me to believe that the vast majority of those in office or desiring to be in office all have an ulterior motive, that being their own enrichment. I see very few who are truly concerned with their respective constituencies. A few good ones, yes, many more bad ones.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I honestly do not have much faith in the results of any probe being effective, regardless of which side of the aisle conducts it. I profess to be very conservative, and as such I have a deep distrust of all our current politicians regardless of which party they belong to. This includes the Tea Party. My personal beliefs and possibly my prejudices lead me to believe that the vast majority of those in office or desiring to be in office all have an ulterior motive, that being their own enrichment. I see very few who are truly concerned with their respective constituencies. A few good ones, yes, many more bad ones.

I wouldnt call myself conservative, I wouldnt pigeonhole myself at all.
As for the rest, I agree entirely.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join