It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Obama 'madder than hell' over VA scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:39 AM

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: amazing

Okay, 0bama is the bests.

Sure sure.

Ha. Never said he was the best. Can't you find the middle ground? Why are you either 0% or 100%? LOL

I live in America or the United States of America, as it's commonly called. I own two houses and a small business. I have medical insurance, I pay taxes, I have high energy bills. The whole nine yards. I walked outside today. Worked all day yesterday. and guess what happened? Nothing ...America wasn't destroyed. LOL

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:00 AM

Middle ground for what exactly???

Scandal after scandal. Failure after failure.

Yeah, he is not the worst. Okay then.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:16 AM

Middle ground for what exactly???

Scandal after scandal. Failure after failure.

Yeah, he is not the worst. Okay then.

Some of those scandals are non issues. He hasn't had more scandals than Bush Jr or Sr or Clinton or Reagan or Carter and on and on and on. All presidents have scandals. It's just our media that drives them all out of context. It's the media that is playing us for fools. Left vs Right and so on. I work with people of all kinds from every walk of life, race, religion and political affiliation. And you know what? Politics never come up. We just get stuff done like normal people. Most of these scandals are made up to give us false outrage and to make money for our corporate overlords. The problem is that this hatful rhetoric that we learn from our media pundits and talking heads and that we parrot on ATS and in our conversations actually drives us apart in real life.

The Angry man will defeat himself in life. That is an Ancient Chinese saying that has always been true and is true today.

I come on here to do my small, miniscule part to stop the hateful rhetoric. Sure it's a small drop in a bucket the size of the ocean but still I must do it. Obama is not the antichrist. America is not destroyed. I live here. Bush was no Better than Obama. who was no better than Bush Sr who was not better than Clinton and so on.

Look honestly at yourself and ask yourself why you are so angry. Why do you think that Obama is the worst president ever?

Wake up sheep.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:22 AM

Sure sure then. Sure sure.

No further response is needed.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
[i have yet to scan the posts on page 3 of the thread, so don't stone me if this post is repeating someone else]

i think this scandal is deeper than just Obama or democrat-republican votes on veteran issues...

the deeper-darker aspect of this VA treatment of vets health cases
has more to do with the hospital staff getting Bonuses for clearing their waiting lists
than the same Staff & Administrators bending over backwards to make life issues difficult and terminal for the average Veteran ...

the denial-of-treatment accusations (at the Phoenix VA Hospital) mirror exactly the whispers of 'death panels' which will be enacted in the near future (2015-2016) under ACA=Obamacare

i have heard on talk radio news-shows that this shuffling of Vets paperwork is Not unique to just the Phoenix VA but has tentacles in the VA health treatment system itself... Billion$ in Bonuses and advancements are awarded to cooked up treatment rolls that cull out the old & dying from a 1st come 1st served queue,
in favor of rushing through the quickly treated and easily cured patients --- which results in hospital departments routinely exceeding the quota of processing VA patients...hence a sinister Bonus Awarded

even though the hospital people, the Agency heads & leaders are the real perps...
Obama is the final Stopping point for this Dirty Bonus Money scam that costs Vets lives... this scandal is not unlike the 'common core' scam,
just riddled with flaws and most likely relying on a rotten core of unsavory people gaming the system for greed, evil gotten money

there is a recent response video about the VA cover-up crisis with Charles Krauthammer... here:

his simple analysis is that the VA hospital system is manned by government workers on a salary..

that is not true here at the local VA clinic... the Doctors, technicians are all subcontractors and generally last 2 years at most... they tend to move on as soon as a better position presents my case i went thru the 3rd primary care physician in 3 years whereas in the prior 13 years i had 2 different primary care doctors on my case...
i see behind the curtain--- the subcontracting medical personnel are only signed for a year because the pay is poor and the paperwork is monumental...

the System- in disarray since before Obama- has never been revamped or reorganized as Obama had promised...
the administrations plan to hire Subs to get rid of the backlog of sick & ailing Veterans itself is a way to shortchange the Vets of proper healthcare---as we are witnessing in the acts of forged and inaccurate medical procedures lists claiming patients were treated when they were not, etc.

even this supposed 'breaking news' on the VA secret lists & other fraud is only surface scratching... wait till the Hospital Administrators & department heads and VA Secretary staff all get to reveal just how much Bonus money they raked in for scandalous behaviors & actions that harmed the Veteran community
edit on th31140060577920092014 by St Udio because: add the youtube link

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:37 PM
What a lying puppet.

The prick has no right to be mad about anything. WE do.

You know what I'm "madder than hell" about?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:23 PM
So are you going to this Thread,

Remember last year when Obama promised he would take a 5% pay cut by "writing" a check back to the government every month because he felt "guilty" about federal employees taking furloughs and he wanted to be "in solidarity" ? - See more at:

and Defend Obama and another of his Lie's? He's lied so many times, I would think you'd be Tired Defended Him By Now! a reply to: amazing

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:57 PM

Sure sure then. Sure sure.

No further response is needed.

My Good Friend, it's Hard to Reply When Your Busy Taking Care Of Business.
Obama supporters need a Roll of What Your Using,,,,,,

America has Discovered there is a Reason Some People Shouldn't Vote, It's Called Obama.

edit on 20-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:02 PM
But you guys don't get it. You make it seem like the Republicans can save us. Do you really believe that? You make it seem like Obama lied more than Bush. Do you really believe that? You also make it seem like we would have been better off with Romney. Do you really believe that? 3 good questions.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:27 PM

But obmam is worse that bush and lets face it, bush wasn't great, but he didn't lie every time he opened he's mouth.

11 Ways Barack Obama is Way Worse Than George W. Bush

If we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home, we will end this war. You can take that to the bank.”

In Obama’s campaign, he promised to “eliminate entirely” income tax for seniors making less
than $50,000. Yet another blatant lie right to your face.

On an interview on The Today Show Obama claimed he won the Michigan & Illinois Primaries,
which is a lie.

GREGORY: But Senator you have not demonstrated that you can decisively put the nomination away. You have also not demonstrated that you can win some of the big states that’ll be important in a general election. California, New York, Ohio.
OBAMA: Well David we’ve won Michigan and Georgia and Illinois and Missouri.

The only involvement I had with Acorn was doing some stuff with the justice department.
Obama made it clear with this statement directly from his campaign website:

“My father served in World War II”
Obama said in a campaign speech below that his father served in World War 2.

This Is A Good ONE!!!!!!

Public Will Have 5 Days To Look At Every Bill That Lands On My Desk

Obama Lied about giving the public 5 days to look at the health care bill before signing it, but then again, is it any surprise from the people that said you’ll save 3000% on your health Care Costs? To them I’m sure it made sense that Sunday Night to Tuesday Morning was 5 days.

1. Make Government Open and Transparent
2. Make it “Impossible” for Congressmen to slip in Pork Barrel Projects
3. Meetings where laws are written will be more open to the public (republicans shut out)
4. No more secrecy
5. Public will have 5 days to look at a Bill
6. You’ll know what’s in it (Republican Senators didn’t know)
7. We will put every pork barrel project online

LIES, LIES, All LIES!!!!!!

“No more Illegal Wire Tapping of American Citizens”

Of course, the illegal wire tapping of American citizens continues to this day.

The Promise to Walk the Picket Line if Workers are Denied the Right to Bargain
Did you really believe this one? lol what a joke!

Promises to Close Guantanamo Bay and End Torture[/

I am Somebody who Promotes Same-Sex Marriage

What was his timeline Election Time! Obama kept flip-flopping on the Same-sex Marriage Issue. Yet another lie. Not until election time did he Really OK the Same Sex Marriage for people who wanted it. He used YOU!

Promise to Cut Deficit in Half
Soon after Obama took office he pledged that his administrated would cut the deficit in half. Closing in on the last year of his term his pledge made in February of 2009 is laughable, and just another item on his list of lies.

“If you like the healthcare plan you have, you can keep it.”

Obama Claims Border Fence ‘Basically Complete’ but It’s Only 5% Finished
“They wanted more agents on the border. Well, we now have more boots on the ground on the southwest border than at any time in our history. The Border Patrol has 20,000 agents – more than twice as many as there were in 2004, a build up that began under President Bush and that we have continued. They wanted a fence. Well, that fence is now basically complete.”
The Government Accountability Office (GAO), Congress’s investigative arm, reported in early 2009 that only 32 miles of double-layer fencing had been built. That means under President Obama, only 4.3 miles of double layer fencing has been built. This is woefully inadequate.

“We got back Every Dime we Used to Rescue the Banks with Interest”
The Congressional Budget Office–based on figures from Obama’s own Office of Management and Budget—gives a different assessment.
“The cost to the federal government of the TARP’s transactions (also referred to as the subsidy cost), including grants for mortgage programs that have not yet been made, will amount to $24 billion,” said the CBO report, which was released on the same day Obama spoke.

Oath of Office (January 20th, 2009)
“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

Please Don't Defend A Liar

edit on 20-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
a reply to: St Udio

Wish I could give you flag for your post. If a MOD is floating about I recommend an applause, well thought out and on-topic.

It seems to me that this story rears it's head every 4-5 years. (Or very similar anyways)

The only thing I think the POTUS should be doing is calling for a immediate investigation by a outside agency. If Shinseki didn't know about this scandal, then he really needs to weed out some of his staff. ASAP.

But the soft shoe crap that is being put out by the White House is infuriating to say the least and just gives more ammo to those who oppose this Administration, of which I will admit I am one.

If Obama thought that being POTUS would be easy, he was sadly mistaken. He needs to step up to the plate and start acting like the POTUS.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:22 PM
A friend just posted this to me. As a patient of the VA, 100% service related, I have received good care when I could get an appointment. Wait time has been from 4 weeks to 6 months.

EDIT: I am on my 4th primary care physician in the last 3 years.

Obama warned about VA problems in 2008 by GWB

edit on 5201414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:28 PM

originally posted by: smurfy
a reply to: xuenchen

Government after government get these scandals coming up all the time, sometimes repeatedly. Of course they are serious for those affected. But, this about the grass roots looking after/not looking after less fortunate grass roots.

What's the point of making political 'points' out of this kind of scandal like those two quotes just to blacken Obama's name?
It's those people at the immediate direct helm who need the shiite shaken out of.
Here in the UK we've had scandals, several in fact, of old folks being mistreated in care homes and, those with special care disabilities being beaten or left. Also guess what? falsified treatment records. It's the system that is at fault. If it was the press that unearthed this, good on them and heads should roll, and things fixed.

And guess what our VA system has in common with your NHS? Both of them are single payer, government run health care systems.

But I guess this is what we want for everyone in the US.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
Oh please! Let's stop tearing each other up over this and face the truth -

This is a systemic problem that goes back much further than either Obama or Bush. My husband worked at a military hospital for a time as a pharm tech. He can tell you there were problems even then, in Clinton's day and age, and it wouldn't surprise me if it went back further. Nothing made him feel like a bigger heel than to have to lie to a WWII Vet and tell him that his medication wasn't there even though it was because of some rule or other.

The truth is that this is what happens when you have a big, socialized, bureaucratic system running things. There is no accountability, not really, top to bottom and money can be misallocated and spent padding fat bonuses and salaries and perks rather than spent on the ones at the bottom who should be served. You see it in the public school system, and you see it in the VA.

And the only reason the VA isn't worse is because we still have some vestige of a widely available private health care system to have recourse to, but when that is gone, Katie bar the door! This sort of thing will happen everywhere to everyone because we'll all be stuck with it, and there will be no accountability, and each party can play games and earn votes by pointing fingers and making empty threats and promises.

So just stop playing the game and look at the truth when it stares you in the face for once!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:38 PM
a reply to: rockflier

I was rated 50% after I retired. Thankfully I can use my Tri-Care Standard for my Doctor. When I do have to go to the VA, it's as you say. The wait times are long, then when you are seen, it's from one office or doctor to the next and then another long wait to see the results of whatever tests were ran.

I don't experience those kind of delays with my doctor. I'll be going to see a VA satellite office this week which is actually quite a large building, to see if they need volunteers. I'm getting bored in my retirement but cannot work eight hours a day due to a trashed back. (Which the VA denied). That and resubmit a claim for my back...again. I think I now have enough medical documantation from both the Army and civilian docs to prove my back is toast. (9 compressed disks coupled with severe sciatica and nerve damage)

I can still work, but it has to be at my pace, otherwise I end up flat on my belly for a day or two.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 07:41 PM
a reply to: smurfy

And how is our situation any different from that in your country? The ultimate single payer system.

Last night, Dr Black explained that a number of factors account for the startling 80,000 figure, but stressed the main problem is patients from the Republic inappropriately accessing healthcare in Northern Ireland.

"We are definitely aware of the fact that there are more patients registered than there are people who live in the area," he said.

His comments come after this newspaper revealed the number of medical cards registered in Northern Ireland is up to 80,000 higher than the number of people who live here – currently around 1.8m.

Abuse of Northern Ireland's healthcare system hurts patients, says GP

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:18 PM
a reply to: TDawgRex

Go see an veterans advocate!!!

If you need a number, just PM me!

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:41 PM

originally posted by: amazing
But you guys don't get it. You make it seem like the Republicans can save us. Do you really believe that? You make it seem like Obama lied more than Bush. Do you really believe that? You also make it seem like we would have been better off with Romney. Do you really believe that? 3 good questions.
do YOU really believe that... comparing obama to bush is a standard you want to use here?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:10 PM

originally posted by: LDragonFire
I think all Americans should be mad as hell, including the president. But lets not forget who keeps voting against veterans.

This is from this year.

Republicans block Senate bill to boost veterans' benefits

A bill to increase spending for veterans' services failed to move forward in the Senate, despite support from 54 Democrats and two Republicans.

A divided Senate on Thursday derailed Democratic legislation that would have provided $21 billion for medical, education, and job-training benefits for the nation's veterans. The bill fell victim to election-year disputes over spending and fresh penalties against Iran.

Republicans block Senate....

GOP Voted Against 7 Bills to Help Veterans

Here's the Bills in numerical order. In short, the GOP has voted TO NOT SUPPORT THE TROOPS at least 7 times. I think that is sufficient to call the GOP House Hypocrites and Phonies.

Bill's Blocked By Republican's Since President Obama Took Office.

David Gregory, John McCain, and the media aren't covering this story so we have to.

Here's a concise extraction for easy viewing for those who are INTERESTED IN VETERANS ISSUES and need to know which party supports veterans and which party does not.

The rejected Bills are named:

H.R. 466 – Wounded Veteran Job Security Act became H. R. 2875.

H.R. 1168 -- Veterans Retraining Act

H.R. 1171 – Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program Reauthorization

H.R. 1172 -- Requiring List on VA Website of Organizations Providing Scholarships for Veterans

H.R. 1293 -- Disabled Veterans Home Improvement and Structural Alteration Grant Increase Act of 2009

H.R. 1803 -- Veterans Business Center Act

H.R. 2352 – Job Creation Through Entrepreneurship Act

GOP Voted Against 7 Bills....

Oh its all the republicans fault?

Who would have thunk it?

When will people wake up to the left right blame game and realise they are all as bad as each other?
They all say what you want to hear to get elected and then proceed to do as they are told by their superiors once they are elected. Is it really that hard to see through?
edit on 20145America/Chicago05pm5pmWed, 21 May 2014 13:11:31 -05000514 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:24 PM

originally posted by: manna2

originally posted by: amazing
do YOU really believe that... comparing obama to bush is a standard you want to use here?

Let me have a go, they are both a pair of lying actors, related to each other may I add, that dont care a damn for the useless eaters, and they work solely for the globalist elite.

So can you tell me the difference?

new topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>