It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An examination of Suffering

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
May God be with all men and make His abode among men.

In the time being I ask for strength for all of us men, but first for myself, for I am the weakest of the God's children, and I am to be esteemed as the last among men.

I do not say this to solicit the impression that I am humble,
but to tell you in truth what I am, weak.

Please pray the Lord God,
for me, brothers and sisters.

I write today to tell you what sometimes is less than obvious to me. By the light of God's grace I have been given a bit of sight which allows me to understand, rather badly, suffering.

I have noticed of myself I often implore God, in my heart at least, to spare me from suffering. Truly I understand now that to use suffering to perfection is to ask to be able to suffer.

To shun pain is to throw away a useful tool.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

Maybe if you didn't tell yourself that so much, you wouldn't be. You are what you see in yourself, so I see this as a problem of self-reflection rather than a statement of reality.
edit on 18-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

To suffer is to learn, no matter how inefficiently. I've noticed that life will throw lessons at me that I ignore until the gods get fed up and slap me with them. Nearly every moment of suffering I have experienced can be connected to thoughts I've had in the past where I may have not had the empathy towards those in the same situation that I should have or where I "learned" my lesson but ignored it in action.

Since becoming more aware of these lessons ahead of time and being very empathetic to all who suffer, I've lived a very blessed life where I get opportunities to help others. The details of mine and the details of yours are probably not compatible for obvious religious reasons but the core principle remains the same.

May your suffering end soon and may you soon realize that it's perfectly fine to begrudge that suffering even while you appreciate the lessons. Suffering is never a wholly good thing, no matter how pretty the blade in your skin looks.

Oh, and the Tarot card you have as your avatar fits your contemplative posts perfectly.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When you tell yourself in your head that you are weak... Then imo..you become weak.
My therapist says we tell ourselves lies all the time.

Look deep. You're stronger than you think.. We all are. We all suffer. That's life.. Imo..

... Maybe I read wrong and maybe my response is off... Idk...

edit on 18-5-2014 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

AF,

It is not an error to judge myself and know myself, obviously it is an error if I do so badly. If I were to do judge myself badly, I would also be measuring myself correctly by considering myself as less than perfection, do you not think so?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: natalia

my response to AF goes to you as well, but I will also say that people talk about me in my post pretty often instead of what I would prefer to discuss

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

. . . measuring myself correctly by considering myself as less than perfection . . .
This would be true of everyone.
Suffering happens.
I know that I have, really a lot, to a very high degree.
You can fall into a sort of depression where you think that maybe it is your own fault because you are a bad person.
I think, if anything, it should make you appreciate how fragile life is.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: backcase

my response to AF goes to you as well, but I will also say that people talk about me in my post pretty often instead of what I would prefer to discuss

Sorry ...
I don't understand. I seriously get confused easy.. I prob should've kept my typing fingers from typing anything.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I don't understand.
Don't feel bad, I didn't either, and just gave up.
I think maybe someone was out of sorts a bit and reacted badly to the responses that came up out of seemingly nowhere.

edit on 19-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

no big deal. What I meant, if still unclear, is that when I post something, hoping to discuss a certain topic, I get psychoanalyzed and the topic to be discussed is left neglegted.

I am trying to pry open your thoughts to examine suffering as more profound than being just a negative thing.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not a therapist... And I wasn't trying to psychoanalyze you... I'm sorry it seemed that way. I guess I read your thread wrong.. And didn't know what it meant. So that's why I said I should've left my typing fingers not typing...

I don't think certain suffering is negative. I feel we all need to suffer in order to grow...

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Maybe if you didn't tell yourself that so much, you wouldn't be. You are what you see in yourself, so I see this as a problem of self-reflection rather than a statement of reality.

I'm in total agreement here. Your perceived idea of being the 'sad sack weakling' will automatically disallow any uplifting for enlightenment (even by accident). You are in charge of your being/body and you as the mental engineer manager of this mini universe are letting it down; all 3 trillion cells embodying.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: AfterInfinity

AF,

It is not an error to judge myself and know myself, obviously it is an error if I do so badly. If I were to do judge myself badly, I would also be measuring myself correctly by considering myself as less than perfection, do you not think so?

Why do you error in judging yourself (only if you do not know that judgment is not a reasonable option) yet you play with the notion as if throwing dice. The fact you think you are above yourself to judge, who then are you to do so? If you have that capacity of judgment, why haven't you told yourself to rectify whatever negatives you (as an observer looking in) rectified it (heal thyself and stop complaining). Is this a metaphorical question regarding Gods ultimate question of your worth? as you are God incarnate you seem to be wasting your own time.
edit on 20-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The lessons learned from pain are seldom fully realized until well after the event that caused it.

Just don't let the fear of suffering or bitterness towards your creator be the end result.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
The lessons learned from pain are seldom fully realized until well after the event that caused it.
Just don't let the fear of suffering or bitterness towards your creator be the end result.

Job applauds.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: vethumanbeing

I do not agree to with your reasoning as it is not in accord with what I know to be true.

You speak within a scope known only to you, making you seem secretive or at least wanting to be so.

You give subtle hints of your beliefs and attempt to speak with me as if I were to know what you are talking about.

You seem a mad man to me.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

a reply to: veteranhumanbeing

I do not agree to with your reasoning as it is not in accord with what I know to be true.

You speak within a scope known only to you, making you seem secretive or at least wanting to be so.

You give subtle hints of your beliefs and attempt to speak with me as if I were to know what you are talking about.

You seem a mad man to me.

We are all of the same creator. If you believe me to be 'angry' with that source or insane in thinking these thoughts as sharing them with you so be it. I am neither of what you describe me as; which tells me you are of an untrusting nature (suspicious perhaps of my intent). I am not a believer in being 'indoctrinated'; as it has warped the human into dogmatic belief systems that are march step and serve others to control the masses (or take their earnings). Everyone has their truths regarding the big question "Why Am I Here" experiencing the third dimension NOW (which is a critical time for change). There are the normal footstep primers to read in order to teach about a 'Kingdom' available to those that believe in a higher purpose; there is a problem though, Christianity teaches "whomever shall believe in me shall have everlasting life". Jesus never meant that literally he was speaking metaphorically 2000 years ago about something else; that the soul of the human is automatically immortal and suggest that every mans soul is eternal and lives forever. I know that I am immortal without ever having to crack the bindings of a bible. I see the texts of the Quran and Bible to be helpful hints is all; personal endeavor to understand your relationship to the binary Absolute Unbounded Oneness is a fundamental key as you are its ultimate perfect/imperfect expression. You might ask why Origin, Prime Source or its many other names bothered; because it had to create the human to better understand/describe ITSELF as a living breathing being (could seem selfish; but no more so than yourself in having/creating children).
edit on 21-5-2014 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join