It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fourth Wall Breakers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.ranker.com...

Okay guys i have done a lot of research on this topic and i would like to know your opinion on this list that i created. If i am missing any characters let me know and i will add them.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Stevemagegod because: minor

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
No Zack Morris? He was one of the greatest of all time!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
D d d d d Dora the explorer.

If ever there was a shining bastion for breaking the fourth wall it is her. As for media other than TV I would say Deadpool from marvel comics, he breaks the fourth wall all the time.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

George Burns in The George Burns And Gracie Allen Show. In an often-repeated gag, Burns would be in his den, sitting in front of a television. He would turn to the camera, saying something like, "I think Gracie's up to something. Let's find out what it is". Then he would turn on the TV, where we would see Gracie Allen & friends in the other room, discussing whatever plot they were hatching to put one over on George.

The great thing about it was that there was never any explanation of how he could do that; it was just something he did when he needed to.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I agree with this, or the dude(s) from blues clues.

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

ETA: most kid's shows do this I guess.
edit on 18-5-2014 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Now I'm trying to think of films and not cartoons. Or like Jim in the office, does that count even though it's mockumentar style?

Also, I know David Lynch has done it, maybe not in a comedic way, I guess.

But all those goofball comedies, airplane,space balls, all Mel brooks' movies, Monty python's stuff, Labryinth?, Peter Pan (you have to clap!). Top Secret! Starring Val Kilmer. The gopher in caddy shack, flecth, Steve Martin, Pootie Tang . . .

I could go on, I've had a few, so forgive me.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Bernie Mac spoke to the audience at some length in every episode of his show.

Ferris Buller is probably the quintessential example in movies.

While not on camera Michael on Burn Notice speaks to the audience several times in every episode.

I just watched a documentary on Johnny Carson and he was a master at breaking the 4th wall non-verbally. He could, with a look, really make you feel like you were in on a private joke.

new topics

top topics

join