It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Reorientation 6: We Are All Prophets

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Spiritual Reorientation 6: We Are All Prophets

Spirituality is a lot like politics. For one, it is exclusive. Certain parties allow membership only to those who believe as they do, while the rest of us politely wait outside, noses to the windows. It is about a spiritual caste system, where those who believe are pure, and those who don’t are the chandalas and untouchables, doomed to eat the spiritual scraps from their tables.

Second, it is authoritarian in its natural hierarchy. The highest regarded affiliate sits on the top with his underlings underneath, while the rest of us are relegated to flock status. One must be an apprentice to a spiritual master in order to achieve the best results. Someone always stands at the front before us as an authority, using words and parables spoken in our direction, where they are supposed to guide us spiritually. This master learned from his master and his master before him, and so forth throughout history in a strange chain of hierarchical structure governed by those who best exemplify the notion of “spirituality”. The best hopes of ascending this strange ladder, to climb closer to God, is to grovel, to press the robes of our masters, in the hopes that they will allow us to climb it.

What’s more, we will never attain the same spirituality as their most venerated prophets from whose mouths these teachings originated from. Though fully human every single time, they are deified, they are placed beyond what we can ever hope to attain, reminding us that we are forever the flocks to our shepherds, never to become shepherds ourselves.

Of course, this sort of political structure and classist hierarchy is all fake and false like so much vanity. It is all a show, or a game, where everyone runs around trying to appear more spiritual than each other. It is marketing; it is costume wearing; it is campaigning pure and simple.

Even when we have retreated from their hierarchy and spiritual ladder, every so often, someone comes along wearing a spiritual costume peddling their truths. By holding truths, or what they wish were truths, they also think themselves purer than us. Usually at a price, but sometimes for free, they would like to tell us their version of reality as if their opinion was truth, and in doing so, marginalize our own opinions to the mere fringes. Their faiths forbid the faiths of others. If they are speaking the truth, we must therefor be speaking falsity. They don’t want to hear what we have to say, for before they have even spoken to us, or considered our side of the story, they have deemed us spiritually lesser, and our opinions, not worth a damn. This pride is all too common among those who perpetuate the spiritual caste, and it is no wonder that those who seek to be spiritual masters over their spiritual lessers, all start to sound the same. They only ever preach what is necessary in order to maintain that hierarchy.

But it’s all a game and we simply refuse to play. By doing so, we release ourselves of their context, and hence their labels. We are not chandalas, unbelievers, infidels, blasphemers, heathens, atheists, heretics, apostates, dissenters or nullifidians to be herded into classifications of their invention—for that would require us to submit to their doctrines. Their labels refuse to stick to us, for we cannot be defined in the context of their caste system if we always remain outside of it. We are the unknowns, the label-less, the nondenominational, the nameless, free of the dusty old doctrines that require the caste system as its foundation. In this vein, we are no longer the flock to a shepherd, but both a shepherd and a flock, as fully original and self-reliant spiritualities.

Every word, sentence, paragraph, poem, story, myth, parable, aphorism, maxim, and every truth under the bright sun was uttered by a human being. Every idea, wisdom, invention and knowledge was birthed of such origins and creation. Since we are all human beings, we are all equally equipped when it comes to matters of the spirit, full of memories and experiences from which we can guide our future actions. The prophet is no different. Like the prophet, we are all demiurges, creators of our own vitality and wisdom, at the expense of prevailing spiritual enslavement.

Every prophet practiced apostasy, which in the eyes of the spiritual caste, is a crime. Jesus was crucified for apostasy. Guatama built his philosophies out of his apostasy towards the prevailing Brahmanism, as Mahavira had also done. Moses turned apostate on Egyptian totalitarianism. Every prophet stepped out of the spiritual caste, the systems employed to enslave the spirit, to emancipate himself, and to give words to his own spirituality. Before they were creators, they were first destroyers. Even though we pass on their teachings to this day, we rarely mention their apostasy and repudiation of religious doctrines, which is perhaps the greatest teachings of them all and the key to their enlightenment.

We are all destined to be prophets, yet we too often remain in the spiritual caste system. As such, we are the tongue-tied prophets, fully capable of expressing our own spiritualities, but as yet, not quite willing to do so.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I really liked reading this my friend. You've done a great job elaborating.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What is your problem with labels? It's like you're on a crusade against definitions or something. I don't even know what your point is anymore.
edit on 18-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Spirituality isn't exclusive, you're confusing spirituality with religion. Religion is the opposite of spirituality because spirituality is all-inclusive unlike religion. Religion is the enemy of spirituality disguised as spirituality. It cuts it off while claiming to nourish it.

Until you are able to discern between the two you won't understand. A truly spiritual person does not exclude anyone.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Spirituality isn't exclusive, you're confusing spirituality with religion. Religion is the opposite of spirituality because spirituality is all-inclusive unlike religion. Religion is the enemy of spirituality disguised as spirituality. It cuts it off while claiming to nourish it.

Until you are able to discern between the two you won't understand. A truly spiritual person does not exclude anyone. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am arguing that everyone is spiritual, whether they are believers in a specific doctrine or not. There is no truly spiritual person, for that would exclude everyone else.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Until you are able to discern between the two you won't understand. A truly spiritual person does not exclude anyone. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am arguing that everyone is spiritual, whether they are believers in a specific doctrine or not. There is no truly spiritual person, for that would exclude everyone else.

What about nihilists?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

The doctrine is arbitrary. They spirit is required to form any judgement, even the most irrational of them.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Religion is the opposite of spirituality ...

^ Yeah ... that. A lot of the time organized religions strangle true spiritual growth. There is some good in them, of course, but there comes a point where they strangle the average person seeking truth and higher spiritual learning.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I believe the root of spirituality can and should only be labeled as one thing. Love.

-Love of Creation

-Love of Life

-Love of Others

-Love of Self

Love is what bonds, Love only speaks Truth, Love is what comforts, Love is what created me and you.

Love does not fear for it's foundation is Trust, so to love All is to rest in the Spirit of it for Love is eternal, it is something we can all agree on.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: EviLCHiMP

Love is what bonds, Love only speaks Truth, Love is what comforts, Love is what created me and you. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen love kill, I have seen love lie, I have seen love strike fear in those it cares about, I have seen love destroy absolutely. So yeah, you're funny, but you're also full of crap. Love is capable of just as much destruction as hate - probably because love and hate are divided by such a thin and blurry line.
edit on 19-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   

The doctrine is arbitrary. They spirit is required to form any judgement, even the most irrational of them.

That makes no sense at all. I suspect you may be falling into the same trap as any other spiritualist wandering in a minefield of labels and esoteric definitions.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity

Love is what bonds, Love only speaks Truth, Love is what comforts, Love is what created me and you. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have seen love kill, I have seen love lie, I have seen love strike fear in those it cares about, I have seen love destroy absolutely. So yeah, you're funny, but you're also full of crap. Love is capable of just as much destruction as hate - probably because love and hate are divided by such a thin and blurry line.

I just wanted to quote this so you may have a second chance to see how ignorant you just sounded. You have completely confused Love with Desire, shame on you for saying such wicked things. Love is proven in action, if someone murders in the name of Love that person is a liar and deeply disgruntled.

I speak of Divine Love, not ignorant love. Learn the difference before you insult others.
edit on 19-5-2014 by EviLCHiMP because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

I just wanted to quote this so you may have a second chance to see how ignorant you just sounded. You have completely confused Love with Desire, shame on you for saying such wicked things. Love is proven in action, if someone murders in the name of Love that person is a liar and deeply disgruntled.

Love is just as destructive as any other emotion. It's not wicked, it's just plain fact. Ever heard the phrase "Love and reason keep little company together"? I'm not ignorant, I'm informed. Love is NOT always hunky dory. In fact, sometimes it's easier to not love at all, because love just brings so much pain and confusion and chaos.
edit on 19-5-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I apologize for slandering you but in all honesty the love you speak of is the minds perception of love. Divine Love is universal love and I mean this as in accepting both good and bad because like you said with earthly love and hate, they are one in the same only separate in perception.

I hope you understand what I mean.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Ever heard the phrase "Love and reason keep little company together"?
I have not heard that before - would you explain what is meant by that phrase please?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That makes no sense at all. I suspect you may be falling into the same trap as any other spiritualist wandering in a minefield of labels and esoteric definitions.

And what trap would that be? Wasting my time contemplating things that don't exist? I'd rather contemplate the concrete. Let me know when you get your feet back on the ground.

Here's my reasoning regarding labels. Labels conceal more than they define. People will see our labels before they see us. They will also remember them more than they remember us. Classifying ourselves and other human beings according to what ideas they hold is probably the most superstitious notion that has ever arisen throughout human history. I don't want any part of it.

For me, it's just a matter of how I wish to be known and remembered. I want myself and my actions to be remembered, rather than my labels and my honors.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I speak of Divine Love, not ignorant love. Learn the difference before you insult others. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Divine Love is an empty concept, void of meaning and completely vacuous. The shame is found in taking words, giving them a capital letter, and pretending they mean something more than what they really are. It's pure vanity. Let's remain on earth for a while before gravitating towards some strange notion found only nowhere.

Our love isn't meant to be spread around, squandered and wasted. It is preserved for those who deserve it. This has been fundamentally proven throughout the course of human history. Every time someone wants to posit Love (with a capital 'L') everywhere, they only ever end up positing themselves and their own emotions, which is rarely warranted, and rarely wanted.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: EviLCHiMP

I apologize for slandering you but in all honesty the love you speak of is the minds perception of love. Divine Love is universal love and I mean this as in accepting both good and bad because like you said with earthly love and hate, they are one in the same only separate in perception.

I hope you understand what I mean.

You addressed my post, not me personally. And that's something I appreciate, so no hard feelings. My response to your clarification can be summed up in Aphorism's previous post.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

I speak of Divine Love, not ignorant love. Learn the difference before you insult others. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Divine Love is an empty concept, void of meaning and completely vacuous. The shame is found in taking words, giving them a capital letter, and pretending they mean something more than what they really are. It's pure vanity. Let's remain on earth for a while before gravitating towards some strange notion found only nowhere.

Our love isn't meant to be spread around, squandered and wasted. It is preserved for those who deserve it. This has been fundamentally proven throughout the course of human history. Every time someone wants to posit Love (with a capital 'L') everywhere, they only ever end up positing themselves and their own emotions, which is rarely warranted, and rarely wanted.

Divine love is not an empty concept. You just spoke of people seeing labels instead of the person behind them and just turned around and labeled my concept as empty. That is completely hypocritical.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   

And what trap would that be? Wasting my time contemplating things that don't exist? I'd rather contemplate the concrete. Let me know when you get your feet back on the ground.

Here's my reasoning regarding labels. Labels conceal more than they define. People will see our labels before they see us. They will also remember them more than they remember us. Classifying ourselves and other human beings according to what ideas they hold is probably the most superstitious notion that has ever arisen throughout human history. I don't want any part of it.

For me, it's just a matter of how I wish to be known and remembered. I want myself and my actions to be remembered, rather than my labels and my honors.

You speak of wanting to be remembered and yet you speak so demeaningly to others. How do you expect to be remembered if you patronize anyone who doesn't agree with your hypocrisy. Surely if you are wise enough to know spirituality so well you would see your mistakes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join