It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diseased Bananas, Oranges and Pigs. Now COFFEE too?!?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
a reply to: soficrow

I've been trying to find a source for coffee trees. I heard some can grow in this area. Now, that would increase the value of my property.

just build a glasshouse for the coffee plants and and maintain a 25 degree threshold...or you could sweet talk monsanto into engineering a cold loving species for you

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Have you seen this?

Growing Coffee Beans at Home

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Char-Lee

There are food oddities also. My husband bought some generic store brand sugar, it did not even say what kind of sugar it was on the package.
I used it to make hummingbird food,they would not touch it. I thought maybe I made it wrong so I made more and filled the feeders...they did not touch it. I finally got some C n H pure cane sugar and made more and they immediately ate it.

Gmo sugar beets. Probably.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Tell that to the farmers that use co2 to drastically increase their yields!

Those farmers might pump CO2 in the air, but they don't saturate the soil with CO2... because it will kill the plants.

pubs.usgs.gov...
edit on 19-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I'm going to try that. The Coop has green organic coffee beans.

I suppose all the deer for miles will be herding in my yard for their morning coffee buzz.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I'm not lying when I say this but 'Apples' have been tasting kind of strange lately too, I'm in London, UK and these 'Pink Ladies' and 'Granny Smiths' do taste different to what they used to taste (sometimes not all the time but it could be a gradual thing), sort of reminds me of that commercial from many years ago which went a little something like:

" The water in Majorca doesn't taste like what it oughtta"

As for 'Bananas', they have a thick outta layer skin which I'm pretty sure keeps them safe from harm although the ones at Co-Op have been going off pretty quickly and are usually from 'Chile'. I complained to Co_OP about it. I also shop sometimes at 'Morrisons' and their 'Bananas' are also going off quick. Its as if they are importing all this 'bad fruit' fruit from 'Chile' on purpose to feed us... maybe experimenting with us... I rang them up and complained also...

edit on CDTTue, 20 May 2014 14:54:49 -05000000003102x149x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Nothing tastes the way it used to. Doesn't taste right either. That's why I grow my own veggies. Can't manage the fruit and berries though. : (

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: soficrow
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Nothing tastes the way it used to. Doesn't taste right either. That's why I grow my own veggies. Can't manage the fruit and berries though. : (

Well, to be fair... I've been eating 'Grapes' instead of 'Apples' lately and they taste fine (but for how long, I don't know).

But yeah, some things do seem out of taste, as if they are being grown in a Lab.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Pork makes me sick but I really like bananas and coffee.

The situation on this planet will soon be a lot worse because of monoculture, there used to be lots of clams and other seafood out here for the taking 1000 yards from my current location, but the monoculture of tru-green chemlawn saw to their being so reduced in number that one can no longer go out and get enough to eat for basically nothing more than getting off one's ass and going out to get it.

Our planet is basically ruined, the majority doesn't realize it yet though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join