It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nostradamus and the Moslem Jihad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Watching carefully the happenings in the Middle East coupled with the video messages of Bin Laden and Al-Zawahiri, I decided to read through the prophecies of Nostradamus. What I saw there seemed to point towards a major war / Jihad whereupon the Muslim forces conquer great swathes of Europe.

Nostradamus mentions Persia/Iran at least a hundred times, with the implication that they play a major part in this war. And of course many people believe that Iran is the Bush's Administration's next target.

My question is this. If Nostradamus is correct, is the Jihad caused by the Bush Administration's actions, or do they believe in his prophecies and plan to go into Iran in order to stop the possibility of such a war beginning ?

Nostradamus & The Moslem Jihad

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
good topic, I personally believe that Bush and others in the US and other Western governments believe in these prophecies along with bible prophecies and are doing their best to fulfill them. It may seem they are being proactive in hopes to hamper war, but I think it really think they want to usher this "tribulation" and "armeggedon" onto us.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Pisky I though that the predictions of Nostradamus were of his time not our modern time, and the moors did conquered parts of Europe at one time.

Now if you apply the prediction to modern times I guess Mr. Bush agenda will fill the blanks perfectly.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
but I think it really think they want to usher this "tribulation" and "armeggedon" onto us.

Good point, WW.

Which leads us to another question - whose side are Bush/Blair etc on ?
Bush professes to be Christian, yet has done little to bring about peace. Maybe he wants to cause the Tribulation in order to speed up the second coming of Christ. The point is, does he really think Christ will be very happy with him killing so many innocents ?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Marg - I was led to believe that Nostradamus' prophecies were from his own time up to the year 3000 or thereabouts. Some of them certainly include mention of occurances and people from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries - Napoleon and Hitler for example.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
pisk, it's obvious to me that when someone is a such a firm believer and nowadays it seems that everyone is in to some sort of religious frenzy that they actually have convinced themselves that their actions are the will and want of "god".

(imo) Bush sees the muslims as the "infidels" and think Jesus would be okay with it, since he was okay with it in the crusades

but on the other hand the muslims see the same thing about Bush and his followers.

too bad neither can admit that their religious ideals do not belong in the political arena and should not be a factor when determining borders and judging others.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
as for Nostradamus, I think because history occurs in cycles, many events could be interpreted to fit his predictions. But he did make many predictions that accurately depict future events that somehow wouldn't have been known to him otherwise, the problem with his predicitions is that they didn't necessarily follow any particular order.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
To be fair, he did not say the words "hitler", he said "hister", and Napoleon was called something like "Napon Roy" or something like that.... Its been a while since I researched but its something alongthese lines.

Just to add something. The decriptions of both the above mentioned were pretty stuningly similar if I remember.... other than the names which of course I mentioned above.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I used to be a beliver in Nostradamus, until I really did a bit of research. I can't say there was one thing in particular that changed my mind, mostly just a general feeling. This website has some interesting subject matter:

The most compelling argument against Nostradamus' powers is that his apparent "hits" are the result of random chance and creative interpretation. There are about a thousand quatrains, most containing more than one prediction and all but a few described in vague, obscure terms. Over the course of hundreds of years, it's certainly possible that some events would line up with some predictions, simply by coincidence.

people.howstuffworks.com...

I've read many of the interpertations of the his predictions, and everything I've seen either just relates to the above, or is a case of people taking certain passages that relate to what they are researching, and then ignoring everything else in that quatrain.

Just my opinion, really.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
as for Nostradamus, I think because history occurs in cycles, many events could be interpreted to fit his predictions.

Maybe that's why people like Bush & Blair fear the past - they are scared that the people they are trying to manipulate would learn from it, and refuse to fight their wars for them.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
My question is this. If Nostradamus is correct, is the Jihad caused by the Bush Administration's actions, or do they believe in his prophecies and plan to go into Iran in order to stop the possibility of such a war beginning ?

This is a great question.

We know that the gouvernment has used such things as "remote viewing" and such type things to get insight into enemy plans and information, I cant see why they wouldnt have a branch of lets call "phrophecy readers" or experts in these fields even for added information, or the "what if" factor.

As for the question, I dont see anyone takeing his prophecys 100% serious... they are just to broad. But like I say, maybe they compile the info to get a big picture.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
To be fair, he did not say the words "hitler", he said "hister", and Napoleon was called something like "Napon Roy" or something like that.

Yes, the name given was 'Napaulon Roy' which some have translated as Napoleon (the) King.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I knew it was something like that, thanks Pisky.

...."The King" I forgot to mention that, thanks.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm not saying Nostradamus's prophecies are true or not but he had to write them for a reason,maybe that's what would happen if we never took his predictions serious, I don't know but I can't see him making it up for fun.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i too think that Bush and his people are trying to fulfill these dire predictions. I cant remember where i read or heard that Bush and Condoleeza were seeking information as to prophecies, this was some time last year. Why would they be doing this? The more i think the more i am convinced this is a very sinester government and people running it.
God help us.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
To be fair, he did not say the words "hitler", he said "hister", and Napoleon was called something like "Napon Roy" or something like that.... Its been a while since I researched but its something alongthese lines.

Just to add something. The decriptions of both the above mentioned were pretty stuningly similar if I remember.... other than the names which of course I mentioned above.

I don't think he said that hitler was very short with a really small mustache or Napoleon rode a donkey or anything.

I remember reading that he said something to the essense of Napolean. Something like the guy will go from wearing soldier's dress color to the emperor's dress color I think he even got the colors right, but I don't clearly remember them.

Nostr. jumbled up the dates the places everything, so you can never tell if his prediction about hister relates to hitler or not.

This is pretty much like the Bible code, it is up to debate.

History channel said the reason Nostr. jumbled his writings was because the church/someone was great power (i saw the program a long time ago_ was prosecuting those who did those things, but I think the real reason is either one of two things 1. he jumbled it up so that people won't read it and change the future, because it is all too tough to interpet right 2. he just guessed the entire thing and we are idiots looking at them.

Either way he gave us something to ponder over.

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Interesting topic...

Yeah, his prophecies are vague, and the only time he gives the actual date, nothing happens. I am talking about the terror from the sky that was supposed to happen in 1999.

"The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror.
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck."

If he had said ninth month of 2001, then all would fit perfectly.
Even the great king of mongols. think about it, Mongols conquered middle east... now someone is conquering that part of the world again, "great" King (Bush), brought back to life by the "King Of Terror" (Bin Laden).

As for Jihad... hmmmmm, that doesn't seem very likely, because it would take a huge UNITED muslim army with a lot of weapons to even try to conquer Europe, as nostradamus says. I think that one of his prophecies talks about Vatican burning or something like that. I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I always thought that a lot of his prophecies fit in the years of Cold War (the Bible prophecies also), only that the final battle in the end never happened.

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
If he had said ninth month of 2001, then all would fit perfectly.
Even the great king of mongols. think about it, Mongols conquered middle east... now someone is conquering that part of the world again, "great" King (Bush), brought back to life by the "King Of Terror" (Bin Laden).

That verse was found out to be an interent hoax, but the sales of Nostr. books increased exponentially nevertheless.

Surf

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
surfup, I think it was the other quatrain that turned out to be a hoax, not this one. I am pretty sure I read the "1999" prophecy in a BOOK, and not on internet.
The hoaxed one was:

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

posted on Nov, 30 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
"In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
Two brothers torn apart by Chaos,
while the fortress endures,
the great leader will succumb,
The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Ohh, I think I read this one somewhere offline too. I remember the last part about the war.

But see how ambiguous this is, it is possible to associate with almost everything.

Surf

top topics

<<   2 >>

join