It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could The Secret To Life, Be The Secret To Death?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Ok First off if there is one actual secret to life, this probably isn't it but then again it could be. So I like to spend time contemplating things, I get stuck on a topic and spend days, weeks, sometimes longer contemplating what may be the real way something was or how something works. One of such contemplations was if there is a secret to life what would it be. Now I'm sure a lot of you will probably think ok this guys nuts but hear me out.

Ok to dig the hole a little deeper I do believe in ghosts or that our energy moves on to something else when we die. I know there's a lot of people who don't believe that and if you don't you probably won't be able to relate. I'm one of those people who notice the generally over looked connections between details or events and to try and find the truth. One of the ways I've done so is by trying to determine which are the real ghost stories out there. For instance I believe most all ghost encounters on tv are fake or just over dramatized sleep overs. Yet I do believe there have been shows that have caught real evidence. Then there's things that have happened to me and things I've read on places like ATS.

I tend to be a fairly good judge of the truth and in looking at the stories that I believe hold some truth to them I've noticed a commonality. Many ghost stories and even some evps that I believe may be legit seem to show that the spirit is stuck here for some reason. A common one you see is alcoholism. The spirit is still trying to get drunk or find that bottle. Another one is there was a loved one they are to attached to for various reasons but they can't leave them behind. Sure there are stories of ghosts just hanging out but again not all stories are credible.

Spirits must move on or there would be what billions of them running amok at this point and if that were the case I feel we would be able to get some clear undeniable proof that they are there. Just building my case here, I'm getting to the point. So lets say that I'm right, that the ghosts that are still around are here because of some hang up they had from life. I feel they are stuck in a dazed dream like state holding on to that one thing they had to strong of an addiction to. If that alcoholic ghost had gotten off the booze while he was alive, where would his spirit be now?

So here it is could the secret to life simply be to not have any hang ups so when you die you can move on. Could addictions carry over to the grave and cause such a trauma to the spirit. We know its bad to be so addicted yet many of us still have some sort of major unneeded need. If so, in living a good unencumbered by life's frivolous needs life, we are free to move on to our next phase which if its there is what we were ment to do.

So anyways just some thoughts but whether you believe in the afterlife or not, its still good advice.

edit on 18-5-2014 by 1Veritas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Veritas
I am slightly cynical about the subject but have always felt that I would like to meet a ghost just to prove their existence or not. Having said that, it is always debatable as to how a person reacts at seeing one, probably need a change of trousers. I have met with many 'mediums' over the years on a social basis but none have ever managed to convince me, with actual evidence, of the existence of the afterlife.
You're right about the advise though

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I have come to believe that quantum physics will provide an explanation for what we have previously considered to be 'supernatural'. When the phenomenon is interpreted through the eyes of previous generations the descriptions reflect the state of scientific understanding and spiritual teachings of the time and we are left with quaint gothic ghost stories.

Having previously experienced inexplicable events, I am open to the possibility of dimensions beyond the one we corporally occupy.

One day I tried an experiment that scared the crap out of me.

As a longtime film maker I have found myself alone in many locations considered to be connected with the supernatural.
Abandoned prisons, asylums, mortuaries, hospitals, museums, battlefields, forts, crime scenes and other places where ghosts had reportedly been witnessed. I never felt a thing.

Until.

On a private, off season tour of the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn Michigan I was particularly excited about being in The home of the Wright brothers. I have always been enthralled by aviation. It was my first love, driving me to read everything I could find, on any and every aspect of flying.

Henry Ford was obsessive in his collecting. Not only had he moved the historic home to Dearborn, but also the furnishings, clothes, books and personal possessions of the Wright family. The fence, the outhouse and even the vegetation were all brought to Ford's Detroit property.

Somehow I found myself alone in the Wright home, in Orville's bedroom, sitting on his bed surrounded by the artifacts of his life. It was a very auspicious moment and I was so deeply moved it occurred to me to try a simple test.

I spoke to him.

I told him how important flying was to me and how much I revered he and his brother for their accomplishment. I then asked if he could send me a sign acknowledging our connection.

A chill ran up my spine and my body tingled with goosebumps. I became terrified by this response and fearing I had opened a Pandoras box, quickly left his room and ran from the house.

I had never experienced anything like it before, or since. Not even alone in the vacated prison cell of a serial killer, or the pitch black elevator shaft of the Don Jail gallows.

Could he have heard me?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Yes, it's been my experience and now firm belief that that 'tingle up the spine and goosebumps' is a definite connection or sign from the other side.

I don't want to go into specifics now (I have in other posts plenty at this point) but I have personal, evidential proof of not only reincarnation but survival of spirit or soul after physical death of the body.

Sites of battles and traumatic experiences hold emotional residua that can account for 'ghosts' or other occurrences but I think to see or notice them, a person on this plane has to be set at the right frequency, kind of like a radio tuned to the right station. Most of the material you'll see about it is child's play and silliness designed to sell tv shows, not teach you anything about reality.

We aren't physical bodies having a spiritual experience, but immortal spirits having a physical experience.

But to the OP, stop obsessing over it. You're here for a reason and your physical body is necessary to the accomplishment of that task. Go use it; you'll be back in spirit form only soon enough wishing you'd contemplated less and experienced more...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
My dad and I were talking about spirits the other day. He explained something to me that makes sense in some ways. He says the dimensions are like an apartment building. We are 3rd dimensional beings and live on the 3rd floor while spirits are 4th dimensional beings and live on the 4th floor. Sometimes we or them get off on the wrong floor. Now in some instances I do believe that but what about the spirits that are "stuck" here. I agree with you maybe they have some sort of hang up they just cant let go of but I also think that is just one of a few reasons they come back/stay here. More like an exception not the rule if you know what I mean.
Also on another note I think there are more around then you think some people are just more susceptible to them than others.

edit on 18-5-2014 by winterf because: incorrect spelling

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I think that may be one element, but I also believe that a good number of those that pass, have not realized they've passed at all. Sudden deaths perhaps...here one second gone the next...physical reality...then BAM...whatever comes next.

I can see how a split second transition to whatever lies beyond could be rather confusing. I draw my conclusions from my own EVP experiment I conducted. I received some very convincing results.

The most eerie for me...was the amount of times I heard the word "help" in some form or another. Not to derail this thread by any means, but if you're so inclined and have a few moments...take a look see (hear) for yourself:

I Discernibly Hear Dead People!! **Recordings Added, Pg. 2**

...and here is a direct link to the post where I added the recordings:

Page 2 post

On this specific topic and where I draw this conclusion mainly, was from one response in particular...was a male voice and he said "help...wounded". My first thought...'he doesn't know he's dead, he thinks he is only wounded' ...which then led me to believe perhaps there is indeed some form of limbo...or...something still not so far separated from this reality that communication is still able to be conducted via radio frequency, if only in short bursts

Great thread and interesting topic all around, thanks for posting. S+F

edit on 5/18/2014 by UberL33t because: pesky typos

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Ghosts reside in the "Bardo" plane of existence which is where we reside while we are in between the physical plane and the heavenly realms.
It's where we go when people have out of body experiences, astral projection, near death etc.. It's also where lower astral entities reside which manifest as things like the old hag and where people have night terrors.
Ghosts are souls who can't let go of the physical world because they have not realised they have died or because of strong emotional responses.

Planes of Existence

top topics

join