It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Albuquerque Police Promote Officer Who Burned Off Homeless Man's Ear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Can this be interpreted as anything but tacit approval of such deplorable actions?

Albuquerque Police Promote Officer Who Burned Off Homeless Man's Ear

Commander Tim Gonterman, Albuquerque Police Department

In a controversial move following protests against deadly force by police in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the department has promoted a commander previously accused of burning off part of homeless man's ear with a taser.

... police in the area have come under fire for using excessive force in situations where it was deemed unnecessary. In a report on law enforcement's behavior, the Justice Department reviewed 20 fatal shootings between 2009 and 2013, concluding that most of the fatalities were unnecessary and that “systematic change” was needed moving forward.

Mayhem Erupts In Albuquerque - Police Website Goes Down

DOJ Releases Blistering Report On Conduct Of Albuquerque Police Department

Albuquerque Police Still An Issue - Protesters Take Over City Council Meeting

Gonterman also issued a statement regarding the stun gun incident, saying he made a mistake and that his experience since then will allow him to effectively train officers in the future.

"It was a mistake, and I have learned from that mistake. I have taken responsibility for it," he said, according to the AP. "Since that time, I have become a use of force instructor and a less lethal technology instructor to train officers to use the minimal amount of force necessary to make an arrest. I am also trained in crisis intervention."

The masses scoff when it is suggested that modern police departments recruit and promote people with sociopathic tendencies purposely; however, the evidence to support this is both overwhelming and disgusting.

I sincerely hope the people of Albuquerque respond accordingly.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther
He even look like an a$shole. someone should do him a favor and take his face off with a machete somewhere in a dark corner. He will never change and will always stay the useless motherf he is.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

I believe this is APD's "we aren't sorry and we aren't going to change no matter how much people protest" stance.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I'll say one thing, I live in Texas and I promise you this......after watching videos of police all over this country turn into brutal, murdering, maiming bastards in the last few years, I will not let it stand if it happens to anyone close to me.

The officer that commits the criminal act and is protected by the system, wont have any protection at all from me, im not alone in feeling that way down here, and our cops know it. All except Austin, that is.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I wasnt expecting the poor guy to have been tasted, when you said burned i assumed fire, a taster to the ear though?

Tazer to the head in any place would be pretty damned unpleasant.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

I'd scream and chew up nails and spit out screws but I'd have to gum em to death.

What an outrage, imho.

Sigh.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

America land of the police state home of the oppressed.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I believe this is APD's "we aren't sorry and we aren't going to change no matter how much people protest" stance.

Another example of how protesting doesn't work. Waving signs and chanting slogans does not affect change. Not with these "people".

The sociopath, above all else, must be right. He will say and do anything to maintain this illusion at all times, including spite the masses to protect (and inflate) his ego.

No, the signs and slogans are not enough. There must be an "ego-check".

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever
. He will never change and will always stay the useless motherf he is.

Never say never.

Remember?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

What do you suggest?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This man needs to stand trial. An attorney should be notified that the grand jury must be informed about his abuses under color of law. Because of special circumstances, only those knowledgeable of police abuses should be on this jury.

This officer can be alleged to violated this persons 4th amendment violations, per TITLE 18 USC 3332. His actions are criminal.

Somehow, I do not think burning an ear off is preserving the peace and tranquility of the union.

Take our nation back. One grand jury at a time.

Resident's their should also be looking into revocation of that departments corporate charter, using all and any legal measures.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2014 by Not Authorized because: Evil tablet keyboard

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I see Albuquerque as a test bed of sorts. If the people that live there do not rise up and retake their police department then it will be all the proof "they" need to know that Americans will not ever fight back. To boot, we are being "trained" to accept that we can do nothing about it. Why should we think that if the FBI can do nothing about it, that American citizens can?

Of course now days any organized action against the police is no longer protest, it is a terrorist action. Nice how that all works out isn't it.........

Where is Batman when you need him............

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Mamatus

Testing? We past that point years ago. Otherwise police killing innocent people, shooting unarmed people or shooting someone in the back would not be accepted.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Not Authorized

This man needs to stand trial. An attorney should be notified that the grand jury must be informed about his abuses under color of law. Because of special circumstances, only those knowledgeable of police abuses should be on this jury.

Take our nation back. One grand jury at a time.

You do realize that you're talking about holding the man accountable to the same justice system that put him in his position in the first place, right?

The whole thing is corrupt, from the top down and back up again. The people need to hold him (and more importantly, the department as a whole) accountable, not some trial by a jury of his douchebag peers presided over by a bought-off judge.

They hope the people are pacified with that kind of dog-and-pony show. And I suppose that, for the most part, it's been working.

What Mamatus said.

edit on 5/18/14 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
An eye for an eye and an ear for an ear is how I see it should any of'em ever harm my family this way. Big groups of mad people are the only ones who can change this current, set-up system of lunacy. Holding signs and chanting rhyming slogans won't work. But this is what the US gov wants. It's very obvious how they see us. They just released all those killers and rapists back into society because they want us to cower at their feet.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The communities where this goes on should, after legal means are expired, send out the lynch mob and hang these cowards who prey on those weaker than them from the street lights. Nuff said!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
So this road pirate burns part of a man's ear off with a taser and the response is "we gotta get him to teach everybody how to do that!!"
Hey all you militia guys that were at the Bundy ranch! You are needed in Albuquerque!
Bring silicon rounds and hollow points.

In related news Hitler has been promoted to head of the Jewish anti-defamation league...
edit on 18-5-2014 by abe froman because: That Hitler thing.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Geez, I hope the people down there keep up the protests….without getting their ears burned off!
I was thinking the other day in regards to police abuse and I realized through observation in numerous cases, these guys look like thugs ready to hurt someone. Not all of them, but a LOT of them. Think about it, these guys are granted enormous portions of power over people and I think power corrupts, but when coupled with bullyish attitudes and weapons, these guys are dangerous! Plus they are hardened by having to deal with worse facets of society so each incident seems to play out in their mind monotonously, as in we are all the same, pieces of garbage that should bow down to authority regardless of facts or situation.

I thought the lapel cameras would make a difference but they are turning them off apparently.

Our first line of defense is these cameras and the entire agency should adopt policies that forcefully come down on officers who turn their damn camera off!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist
I agree. You turn that camera off, contempt of court,obstruction of justice,falsifying/tampering with evidence charges. 1 year mandatory minimum and job termination for first offense

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

That is not now a grand jury works. Research before discrediting.

new topics

top topics

join