It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two strange occurrences, for the record.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
So I would like to start off by saying throughout my life I have had countless strange occurrences happen to me from ghostly to the other worldly, and generally someone else will be there, whoever is lucky enough to be around at the time. I was searching the internet tonight for people who may have seen something similar, to one event I had, outside their windows when I came across a story that reminded me of two events that I had, that I had completely forgotten. Most things that have happened to me were more discrete so these two events should have not been forgotten being as they were very active. And since I did forget until tonight I thought I'd share my story here to see if anyone else has had similar events, and in hopes the process of typing it all out will help keep me from forgetting again. Normally I don't like to post my own stories here because they happened to me and I can't prove that to any of you, and I know what happened, yet there are times I'd just like to tell my stories to see if others can relate. So without further adieu.

It was 2001 ish. I was in my early 20s, and was somewhere in the midst of a one year relationship with a great girl. I lived at a parsonage next to a church, which is a house set aside for clergy members, but they rented it out and we moved in. One thing we soon realized that made us a little uneasy was that the many of the doors in the house were much wider than normal. I was told this was so they could fit the coffins and what not's in there for prep, or whatever. This may have nothing to do with the events, but then again it may, unfortunately there's probably no way to know for sure.

So anyways, The first occurrence:

I had a small twin bed at the time, my room was in what was a large attic converted into a room. It did have a small window and one end of the bed, where we would put our feet, was against the window. My girlfriend and I had just shut off the tv and were laying down for bed, the door and window were closed and it was very dark, most likely due to having the lights on watching tv a minute earlier and our eyes not having time to adjust yet.

Just about a minute after we lay down for bed we started hearing what I would describe as frantic noises around the room like there was a trapped cat in there trying to find a way out. My girlfriend was instantly freaked out she was grabbing me terrified and I was pretty freaked myself. We couldn't tell what it was but she was begging me to get up and turn on the light which would mean doing so in the pitch black with whatever was causing the noises in between me and the switch. The noises continued for about a minute until I finally, trying to be brave for my girlfriend, threw myself out of bed and straight to the light switch flipped it on and nothing. The noise stopped nothing was in there with us no way in or out. These noises were loud and it sounded like it was knocking things over as it barreled around my room, and the noises were clearly coming from my room, you don't mistake clear sounds right next to your head.

We told our friends about it, she didn't want to stay there anymore but life went on. It was about a month later things were normal, she was at ease again being in the room. It's another night similar to the last, we watched tv then went to bed, the room was completely shut. This time I was drifting off to sleep when the noises started. We were both at that state of falling asleep where you can still hear things but you were almost out. We heard the noises and it took a few seconds to pull us out of that almost asleep state we were in. But when we did come fully awake it happened at the same time, and we both came to the realization it was happening again in that instant.

This time however was a little different it didn't last as long. She was terrified holding on to me and I was completely freaked out this time, being that it was happening again. The window at our feet had horizontal venetian blinds that were fully closed. Right after the noises started and we came awake I remember thinking I cant just lay here, I have to get up right away and get that light on. As soon as I thought this I got an overwhelming feeling of something being wrong, it felt like whatever was in the room heard my thought like I spoke it out loud and turned its attention on me. This gave me quite a feeling of dread, it all happened so quick but a moment later the noise came straight at us, I felt its weight run over me as I lay there, as it got to my leg it somehow cut me, nothing bad but like a single 6 inch or so long cat scratch. Then the blinds over the window flew inward towards us, like something from the other side had hit it very hard, which was even odder because they should have gone the other way if something was jumping through them going from inside the room to outside. Stranger still the window was completely shut.

As the blinds crashed inward, I jerked up in bed with a little scream, partially from the blinds and the shock of it all and partially from getting scratched the instant before. I got up turned on the lights and nothing just like before. we were both completely freaked out over this for some time but it never happened again. I got to say the weight of the thing, the scratch, the sounds came from low to the ground for the most part it all seemed like a cat, or I remember thinking raccoon. But this couldn't be the case as there was no way in or out and we were in there anyways for a while before watching tv and then searched the room after.

I would think ghost cat but that seems just crazy to me and if there are such a thing as ghost cats how would they get the, I don't know skill, power? That I would think would be required to cause such events. I'm a very logical person I try to find real, or scientific reasons for things I have trouble explaining, yet there have been a few events in my life that I've tried to work out logically that I just cant find a good answer for and this is one of them. The fact that it seemed so small is quite the oddity to me.

Anyways there's my story, these two events did happen to me. I just tonight read a very, very similar story so I'd love to hear your thoughts. And if anyone out there in ATS land has had something similar would love to hear you story as well. Thanks for reading.

edit on 18-5-2014 by 1Veritas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Veritas

Ghost cat?
More like Kitty from Hell!

I'm not trying to scare you, but have you ever considered that it might be some other type of entity?
Some type of demon perhaps?

I've had an encounter with a ghost dog once, and it didn't behave this way,then again cats can be quite rhapsodic in behavior, I don't know.

I'd be curious to see what others here think.

Thanks for sharing your story.

edit on 18/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 18/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

The whole other type of entity is where I hit the road block as I have no idea where to start if there is something real like that out there, yet that's why I hit the road block as it seems like something in this manner could be the case.

I lived for most of my teen years in a house that in the 30s used to be the most used tuberculosis hospital in California. So I was told by the family who had lived in it since that time, and who's family my mom had married in to, and back then a Tuberculosis hospital was simply somewhere you went to die so it stands to reason there were a lot of deaths in that house. Lots of scary things happened there but on many occasions a large black dog was seen. I never saw it myself but was there on occasions when those who did could have seen nothing else but what they say.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Let me see if I got this right;

You lived in a parsonage- a magnet for evil things to come attack
The parsonage was set up for accommodating coffins and presumably had at some stage dead people in it.

Not likely to be a ghost cat- animals do not have souls. If you are telling the truth (I have no reason to disbelieve you) then you were attacked by a minor demon.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
you were attacked by a minor demon.

I was thinking the same thing.

Either he should move, or try getting someone to cleanse the house for him.
edit on 18/5/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: My spelling is terrible today.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

My friends and I did have some bad events growing up that well seemed very evil, nothing we did other than getting addicted to the Ouija, but bad things came from that. There is also a known satanic cult that was at least in our area in the 90s we found out about it as teenagers and tried to be the heroic ones and let them know we knew and they they need to stop but it all kind of backfired, we did find an area they sacrificed animals though, I saw some sick things like goat jawbones and spleens hanging on trees around a circle and inside the circle there were old wooden boxes we bust open inside were animal bones and then photos of the animal alive but in a cage looking very very mistreated.

I have no way of really knowing if that cat event was something demonic or any of my other events but I guess I could be a prime candidate. That's things I haven't thought about In a long time though, have tried to put all that behind me because of the Ouija.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Ouija boards are bad because you are inviting anything and everything to come into your life.

From someone who has encountered multiple uncleam spirits to you one on one, go to a priest or pastor. You need someone with the gift of spiritual discernment to see if you still have anything following you round.

I was attacked myself years ago. I won't go into details as this is your story, but it took a miracle to set me free from the bondage dark spirits had me in.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I don't live in either of those houses anymore, that was a long time ago now. We definitely learned our lesson with the Ouija but my friends and I discovered that it works in 8th grade so we became very addicted for a while, but none of us has touched one now in probably 20 years.

As for being clean I think that's all in the past now, I took a lot of steps starting with 10 or so years of ignoring it, and since taking a very spiritual path. Things used to happen that were "ghostly" as a regular occurrence with my friends and I, now I almost miss it all as back then it was a solid proof of something else but being that those things don't happen anymore I guess I just find myself wanting that proof of something, but boy do I have some incredible stories from those days. I still have many strange events though but these seem to be more in the lines of ufos, I think, which I see as a completely different category of event, the things these days are more strange and rare.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 1Veritas
This is just a theory of mine- so think what you want of it;

I'm a catholic and I follow the apparitions of the Virgin Mary. One of the more interesting things she has said in a letter to the Pope in 1982 is that this century is under the power of Satan.

Now, if we think about this, and UFO's in particular, WW2 was an occult war - I could write pages and pages about that alone. But basically, since the Nazis and their occult programme to create the aryan race began UFO sightings have skyrocketed.

Most encounters (direct ones) have been malevolent. I believe that these UFOs people are seeing are the demons of the bible. It ties in with Mary's claims of this century being under the power of the devil.

So, to me UFOs and aliens = demons = inline with marian prophesy.

edit on 18-5-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

edit on 18-5-2014 by Tellurian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I have heard this theory and do love speculating on it. It brings to mind something that happened to me a few years back. It was late one night, around 3am ish. There was literally a monsoon outside, one of the worst storms I have seen. I was laying down for bed and we had a cat at the time. As I was getting in bed the cat jumped up on the bed and then acted like he noticed something at the window. He slowly started prowling to the window which drew my attention. The blinds on this window were vertical and as the cat got to the window and pushed his head through the blinds I could see through to the outside.

What I saw was a silhouette of a head and neck at my window, just 3 feet from my head, looking in, it was visible against the light that shown on a building across the way so it was just solid black and I couldn't see an facial details. What I did see though was that the neck was very thin and the head was large similar to how greys are shown. The head however wasn't smoothly rounded like the normal depiction of greys, it was well lumpier.

Now the reason I bring up this story is because of what happened next. As the cat was opening the blinds and jumping up into the window sill the silhouette started to sink down below the view of the sill. Now the silhouette was right against the window and anatomically the way a body would have to lower out of view from where it was it would have a forward or dipping to the side movement of the head to slowly dip out of sight the way it did but that's not what happened. It had no movement other than the silhouette went straight down, like it was on a lift that was going down. but the ground is in the way so this thing looked like it actually just sank down into the ground.

So remember the cat started all this he was still curious what was out there when he jumped up onto the sill. The cat looked down at the area the silhouette had sunken into and a second later jumped nearly to the top of the window, he was scared out of his mind at whatever he saw. He ran off the bed and stayed in the opposite corner of the room on the floor for the rest of the night and wouldn't get on the bed or go near the window for days. When he finally did he was very slow and cautious about doing so. I have never seen a cat so scared in my life.

Normally I hold the paranormal and alien as separate things, but in this case there seemed to be aspects of both so it may lend credibility to the theory yet I'll never know what was really out there and that's what drives me nuts I most dislike the not knowing.

I've been enjoying recently contemplating something along the lines alien beings and demons being the same. I've recently ran into different references of how numbers can be names, how the bible used multiple and how say 666 may be an actual name. This reminded me of reading the emerald tablets. It starts I believe 50,000 to 35,000 years ago and how this being went on his journey for enlightenment. The masters who teach him were some other beings who were like creators, they were named 1 through 7 or 9, been a while since I read them. I don't discount that the connection is possibly true.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that story. I take away two main things from it;

1)Animals close to humans (cats and dogs) are capable of discerning things we usually cannot. I know this to be true.

2) You may have the gift of discernment yourself.

Here's a twilight zone story for you of my own. One night, about 20 years ago also I was driving with my partner of the time down a very strange highway in NZ that has always given me the heebie jeebies (The Napier- Taupo road) I was driving along, quite tired at the time and I saw in the distance, right at the furthest reaches of the car headlights a man in an oilskin coat. I thought it was odd, because he did not get any closer, he just stayed at that distance. Then he disappeared. 5 minutes or so later, he reappeared. This time my partner saw this man too- I could tell by the reaction. I said nothing and the man disappeared again.

A short while later the man appeared a third time and this time my partner jumped with fright. I do not know why I said what I did next, but I said "Is that your grandfather?" (I'd never met the man) and the answer was yes.

For the next hour or so the man in the oilskin coat kept appearing along the road. We finally got home home, exhausted and more than a little spoked by our experience. We went to bed that night and in the morning, right above our bed was the face of a man in the mould on our ceiling

Now things were not good between my partner and I at that stage and that face remained in the mouldy ceiling until we broke up. I saw the ceiling again a few days after I had moved out and the face had completely disappeared.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Not likely to be a ghost cat- animals do not have souls.

Puh-leese. That thinking is the Middle Ages. Animals have all the emotions we do… and a soul.

I'll tell you a "tail"…

My dog died one day. She was so beloved by everyone that knew her. Even our mailman used to go out of his way to say hi to her. She used to sit on our deck and overlook the neighborhood. As he walked up to the house to deliver our mail she would sing out a greeting bark to him.

The day after she died I told him and he said thats funny, I swear I just heard her bark from the balcony. I went loop a loop and listened as he then told me that his dog (who was ill) had died the night before, the same day as our dog.

So weirdness settled in and I put it up to one (two) of those synchronous things. Heres the neat part. I had to go somewhere and when I returned I parked and began to walk up to the house when I suddenly heard a single bark ring out from right above my head on the balcony. Just like the mail man said. Oh, it was her, no mistaking that.

The confirmation I needed hit me a split second later, her bark echoed off the building in the distance… I didn't know soulless, passed away, doggies ghostly barks could echo!

You want my impression, I'll tell you she was just saying hi, I'm alright to me and the mailman on a sunny morning from her favorite perch.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have experienced the "ghost cat." It jumped on my bed and trotted across my legs. I got up and turned on the light and the room was empty, door was closed. I also woke up one morning and saw what appeared to be grey house cat sitting in my doorway. I only caught a quick glimpse of it as it darted into a closet. I didn't have my glasses on and so it was blurred. A couple of other people have said they saw something "like a cat" in the house.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Not likely to be a ghost cat- animals do not have souls.

Puh-leese. That thinking is the Middle Ages. Animals have all the emotions we do… and a soul.

I never said animals don't have emotions . I grew up on a farm and I've seen both emotions and individuality in animals.

As for souls, yes it is confusing. Animals do have a souls, but not one like humans do and it is not immortal like ours i.e. when an animal dies, it dies in the way Atheists believe we die i.e. it goes out of existence i.e. no ghost cats.

Here's an explanation below

One principle is that all living things have a soul. Here soul is defined as what makes an organic body live. Now when any living thing dies, its soul is separated from its body. In the case of plants and animals the soul goes out of existence. But in the case of man, the soul remains in existence because it is a spiritual or immaterial thing. Consequently, it differs from the souls of animals in two important respects. First, it is the seat of intelligence or reason. For this reason a man is held responsible for his actions in a way that animals are not. Secondly, the soul is immortal. A thing which has no physical parts cannot fall apart or be poisoned or be crushed or be put out of existence. For this reason the souls of the saved will always be aware of themselves as enjoying the vision of God for all eternity. This enjoyment will be the result of having chosen to act on earth in such a way that one did the will of God rather than one's own will. And the souls of the damned will be aware of themselves as never attaining this vision of God because they have shown by their lives on earth that they did not wish this vision but instead preferred their own will.

Source

Now of course there is another opinion on the matter according to religions that believe in reincarnation; animals possess human souls that are going through a purification or punishment. This line of thinking would certainly explain why you heard your doggie bark after it was gone- it had come back to say thanks for being so good to it during it's life.

In humans it's extremely common for the newly deceased to pay a final 'visit' to relatives and friends before they pass over. I have several stories I could tell about that.

I'm not going to say I disbelieve your dog story as I like to be open minded and non judgmental, but I will say that having grown up on a farm and seen many hundreds of animals die from both natural and manmade causes, I've never seen anything to give me the remotest hint that their souls live on after death. This includes some very loved pets.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm not going to say I disbelieve your dog story as I like to be open minded and non judgmental…

Thank you, i told it just like it happened. Beloved pets like a dog look you in the eye, forgive anything and are loyal to death. If only people with souls were that proven.

When these things happen there is no mistaking them. Especially when more than one person reports the same thing. Not sort of but the very same thing.

I'm sorry if you have never experienced something otherworldly before. Be patient, life is life long.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Fascinating stories!!!! Maybe your kitty is a ghost cat who doesn't know it's dead and is scared and confused and dashing about your room. Strange that you have only seen it twice though. Do you know of anyone who has had experiences who lived there before? Do you know who lives there now and if they have any unusual experiences?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I'm sorry if you have never experienced something otherworldly before. Be patient, life is life long.

Oh, I've had many other worldly experiences. That story about the man on the side of the road is true. I just haven't experienced it with animals that's all.

And yes, I know what you mean about pets. As I write, I have a fluffy white cat sitting on my lap looking up to me with that look of love and trust that only an animal can convey.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
Let me see if I got this right;

You lived in a parsonage- a magnet for evil things to come attack
The parsonage was set up for accommodating coffins and presumably had at some stage dead people in it.

Not likely to be a ghost cat- animals do not have souls. If you are telling the truth (I have no reason to disbelieve you) then you were attacked by a minor demon.

Yes, animals do have souls. I have felt my deceased cat rub on my legs, and seen it's shadow walking toward my current cat's food bowl many times.
Even this famous preacher says animals go to heaven, and gives the bible scriptures to back it up.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   

So, to me UFOs and aliens = demons = inline with marian prophesy.

What about Armies and weapons of war? The few reports of aliens on the fringe of society can't hold a candle to the actual waging of aggressive war with weapons of mass destruction. I won't go into other , like environmental pollution, destruction of eco systems, poverty and the reasons behind it, crime, the failed economic (due to greed) and justice system (due to authoritarianism). Then theres drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, fast food gluttony, whatever.

A few UFO sightings are irrelevant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join