It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds funniest things/people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:53 AM
link   
There have only been around 3 times when i was laughing so hard that i was actually crying... and fighting for my life cos i couldnt breath

1)Tommy Cooper and his magic tricks

2) Jasper Carrot talking about a curry he had in *NEWCASTLE

3) Billy Connoly... when he was talking about one of his hollidays...

When have you lot almost died from laughin?

*not manchester

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by JCDenton]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Tommy Cooper always: some of the Fawlty Towers moments take some beating and so do Morecambe and Wise at their best ( sticking to English comedians here).

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
And I'll quickly add Peter Cooke and Dudley Moore at their best and, if you remember him, Les Dawson. Some of the old Goons tapes, too.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Watching any of scumbag George W Bush's comedy routines.

He could be a truly funny comic, on a par with Baghdad Bob, if he wasn't such a tragic figure reducing the USA to a banana republic.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Oops -sorry- but the Goons made me think Sellers and there are some moments in the Clouseau films that should carry a health warning.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Anything with the former Goons in it, except possibly Highway, a religious prog with Harry Secombe. Especially the Eccles sketch of "Have you got the right time?? Yes I have it written on my hand!!"

Eric and Ernie - sheer genius.

The Spanish Inquisition - Monty Python, I think this episode is the best with the Deja Vu show. Spam Spam Spam Spam!

Tony B'Liar and his weapons of mass deception.

'The comic strip presents' makes me laugh a lot, very under-rated.

'Drop the dead donkey' and Damien Days bogus news reports. When he was reporting about the environmental disaster of the Gulf War he stole fish from the freezer of the hotel he was staying at, got some petrol and threw both into the sea to film a report about pollution caused by the war.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
JC.....completely agree with you on your choices....almost gave myself a hernia when i was laughing!!!!

I really like Chris Rock and Chris Tucker....they crack me up!

I haven't seen that much of Tommy Cooper....i know that Jerome Flynn is doing him on West-end!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
1: The chandelier scene from only fools and horses (you know the one)

2:"Please tell me you speak english" - Chris Tucker, Rush Hour

3: for a good laugh at the expence of current affairs, watch "Have i got news For You" (BBC 1, Friday - paul merton is BLOODY HILARIOUS)

4: See no evil, hear no evil. blind guy Richard Prior, and deaf guy Gene wilder, team up to clear their names

5: lenny henry's Yoda pi$$-take

6: the cult british film Twin Town. Great PR for the Welsh. Not.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
check this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this was started by ultra pheonix and its dead funny

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
*HOW COULD I FORGET ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES!?*

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Denis Leary, Chris Rock, and George Carlin are my favorite stand-up comedians. I also liked Eddie Murphy, Richard Prior, and Andrew "Dice" Clay back in the day. A funny woman comedian is Kathy Griffin. There's quite a few good comedy shows around here, I really enjoy going and seeing them live.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I totally agree with Billy Connelly - his dry humour has me in hysterics most times...

What about irish born Australian JIMOEN man that guy know how to make an audience laugh.

Drew Carey with the american version of the English show "Who's Line is it anyway" brings me to tears alot as well.

Who could forget THE GOODIES....With What'sname, Tim Brooke Taylor and Bill Odie....Now that had some funny bits in it. I can always see Bill Odie running around hitting people with black pudding...HA I am in tears....

My dad reckons Benny Hill was the ultimate comedian but I fail to see his humour...must be a generation thing there I reckon..

Chris

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yeah the Goodies! Havn't heard of that for years. and Kenny Everet who played sid snot (whatever happeneed to him)

Just saw a movie called Rat Race with some famous comedians in it and that was great, really funny.

movies.yahoo.com...

What about Mr Bean? He was great sometimes...

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bean was hilarious the first time I watched it... I now know why the skits only lasted 10 or so minutes... The bean movie in my eyes was a complete FLOP and it died a horrible death....That I suspect is why Rowan Atkinson did no more short bean skits....He was far more suited to the role of Black Adder... now that was some damn fine comedy....BAWLDRICK!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
MONTYPYTHONANDTHEHOLYGRAIL!

'nuf said!

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
George Carlin is my all time favorite comedian.

Sam Kinison -RIP

Lemmie see if I can think of a few things from movies.

The part in Scary Movie when Cindy is having "one" and she starts roaring like an animal.

In Scary Movie 2 when James brooks is in this room praying, flies start multiplying and he seems strained like he is praying against evil, when it turns out to be a bad enchilada going through his system.

In Kung Pow, the last battle scene, when Betty says, "Hit it!" Then you hear..."There's got to be a morning after..."

Spaceballs: Careful you idiot, I said across her nose, not up it!

Sorry sir, doing my best.

Who made that man a gunner?

I did sir, he's my cousin!

Who is he?

He's an A$$hole Sir.

I know that, what's his name?!

That is his name sir, A$$hole, Major A$$hole.

And his cousin?

He's an A$$hole to sir, gunners mate, first class Philip A$$hole.

Well how many A$$holes we got on this ship anyway?

YO!

I knew it, I'm surrounded by A$$holes.......keep firing A$$holes!

[Edited on 27-5-2003 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Mel Ginson History of the World Part 1 is great!!! Also, anything Monty Python is great. George Carlin, love his books. Dennis Leary, love his cd's/shows. And last, but not least, Godfrey.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
blackadders truelly amazing. baldrick is great!

to be honest, i find it really hard to even smile at South Park or the 2 Scary Movies. i just dont find them funny at all =/

and monty python. omg monty python. AND fawlty towers! John Cleese is very funny.

i downloaded an old Goons audio thingy.... very funny

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Black adder

Baldrick - the only thing my father gave me was sypthilis

The late night 'faster you go the bigger the mess' Ad featuring the 3 hedgehogs on TV2 (for NZ Posters)

White people dressed as 'homies' walking up to you and saying, YO! was up Gee!

South Park-
1.When Cartman is a Police Officer and all he does is take people out with his Baton.
2. Cartman feeding a kid his own parents mixed in with chilli then licking the kids tears.
3.the Pot Bellie pig puts out for an elephant.
4.Mrs hanky talking about Mr hankys droop.
5. Mrs Cartman on the cover of Crackwhore Magazine.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
only been to one live comedy show.......last year......I walked out!

I like the 3 stooges!!! larry ,moe and curly(the cute one)
especially the way they hit each other......3 fingers in the eyes!

Everybody loves Raymond! (True to life comedy)

Also liked cheers......with Ted Dansen
Becker.........

ummmm
Some mother's do ev'em......an English show....
Gee,i can't think.......comedy is good....laughter is great medicine!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join