It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Paul McCartney Vid - Appreciation / A Robot Human Reversal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

As you can see, the video depicts a human museum toured by Newman who is drawn to McCartney. The two are then joined as Newman literally pulls McCartney back to life. It evokes many levels of human/robot symbiosis.

Japan has already embraced the concept of robotic entertainment, so perhaps this is just smart marketing from McCartney. Japanese audiences are attending concerts featuring robots and filling stadiums to see computer generated holograms.

Regardless of McCartney's personal worldview, humans and robots are undoubtedly beginning to interact in ways that were previously unfathomable, leading some to wonder what could happen if the role of humans and robots becomes reversed. At the very least, McCartney is helping to popularize the notion.

LYRICS
Just ran across this and thought some here would enjoy it…or despise it perhaps. Paul McCartney's new vid Appreciate evokes an array of thoughts and emotion. Artistically it is appealing on a few levels, the music and lyrics, the vid itself, the robot, and the message or futuristic vision. I like the song and feel it will be a timeless classic.

How strange is it that one day robots will be all there is and we humans will only be remembered in museums and historical artifacts? I had never considered a transition to that extent but it does seem possible, no? One thing is for sure, robots are coming and they will be here to stay. I think they will evolve at an exponential rate, surpassing our abilities.

I am sure it will be a hit in Japan and I wonder what his stage show will be like. This song has a timeless quality about it too, smooth, hooky and contemporary.

what could happen if the role of humans and robots becomes reversed

That is a fascinating thought…and scary? What if our only chance of surviving antiquation will be to modify ourselves with technological augmentation, both physically and mentally? Can't beat em' join em'?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist

I think what bothers me most, is that it was endorsed by Microsoft...why is a software company interested in the music industry? What nefarious plans are festering beneath that cesspool of corperate greed?
edit on 17-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-5-2014 by Aedaeum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum

why is a software company interested in the music industry? What nefarious plans are festering beneath that cesspool of corperate greed?

I don't think it is so sinister. I googled it and found that Paul has teamed up with Surface computer for a promotion.

He is also involved with his own apps through Microsoft, to help people access his works.

It seems he is quite popular this McCartney guy.

Peace
edit on 17-5-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: phrasing adjustment

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: speculativeoptimist

I hope you're being sarcastic

You do know he was a member of the Beatles right? So of course he's popular.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Aedaeum
Indeed, hence the funny emoticon. Heck yea I know who he is, the captain of cool!
Him being who he is really makes this vid that much more epic imo.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   

beatlesblogger.com...

It's OK....a robot will fix him....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I like the song, the video is different.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I've always found it extremely bizarre that a man who was involved in a band as incredible as the Beatles could turn into such a lame-o.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

It's OK....a robot will fix him....

Or replace him.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: violet
I like the song too and the vid compliments it in a surreal kind of way.
The more I listen to it, the more I like it.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger
I don't know, at 71 I think he's still got it, and I really don't think he ever lost it,but hey it's just an opinion.
It's all good.

top topics

join