It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fellow time travelers a new challenge!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We are all moving forward in time.
1) How would you propose a way to send a message to the future and insure it can be understood?
2) What would you tell them?

Challenge reversed
A) If you were sent back in time how would you send a message to the present?
B) What knowledge could you send from the past would have value today?
C) Where would you put it so today can find it and it won't get destroyed as the centuries pass by?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream

S&F!

Message to the future ...

1] I'd have a box trap with a hole so that when they put their hand inside, to get the fake message, it cuts it off with some guillotine mechanism!

2] That would tell them " Do Not put your hand in this box again!
".

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Facebook down?

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: datasdream First I would post on anonymous message boards, then I would go to a more established conspiracy/ufo site where I would catch the eye and attention of a moderator with whom I would make a pact to be positively I.D.'d by a "secret song" only the 2 of us would know.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

1) Math.
2) Wow, we're still around huh?

A) Symbolism / Paintings and Books
B) You can't change anything by doing the same thing over and over again.
C) Time capsules in buildings / underground caverns

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Okay you set the timing to centuries..so i'm going to leave at the range of 2 centuries..

1) How would you propose a way to send a message to the future and insure it can be understood?
I'd leave it with my children and have them pass along as part of their inheritance.

2) What would you tell them?
"I'm your great great great great grandfather and although we do not know each other and although we will never speak I would like to tell you some things about myself and your early family and how much we love you. Continue to pass this along to your children and continue to add so that one day you're the great great great great one."
I would include images and not video as i don't know what kind of playback devices would be available and it would be a shame if they could not see what I have left just because they're unable to play any media that's current to us.

Challenge reversed
A) If you were sent back in time how would you send a message to the present?
I'd find my relatives of the time and attempt to repeat the top but in the case that didn't happen as my relatives would be in spain at this time and with the war against britian in the open seas making travel incredibly difficult my attempt to send a message to the future knowing what I know now would be to write a book. Write a book under the guise of fiction that someone that knows me reading it would exclaim "Holy hell!!!! he didn't abandon us he was sent back in time."..A book of fiction with grand story and Illustration has a pretty good chance of surviving and being the ideas would be so out there for the time there's a possibility it may be saved and spoken of by todays science fiction writers as an inspiration. (I am not saying that it is to be compared with current legends but a book that old with such thoughts would be NEW to them.)

B) What knowledge could you send from the past would have value today?
I suppose basic fundamental truths that are hard by many even today to understand and employ.
Love of everyone and compassion and understanding for all things around you.
To always search for truth but in that truth to never use it to control and hold powers over others and to share whats learned for the greater good of us all.

C) Where would you put it so today can find it and it won't get destroyed as the centuries pass by?
The book I've written. Given i'm stuck in the past it's possible it will be spread across several books with the characters in the books given the names of my loved ones i was taken from and give the name of places in my story the names of places where I live today..Lived before and places I often went to and things i participated in.
Maybe there would be an ATS chapter.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
To send a message to the future...easy peasy!

I would pop a letter in the postbox box addressed to myself, as I would be the one who sent the message I would be able to not only understand but remind myself never to click on one of these threads again!

Send a message in the past....anything I have written online now resides as a past event, so technically we do this all the time.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
time travel happens every day,when you look at the sun its already 8 mins old and the stars at night what your looking at happened 100s of thousand years ago so in theroy your already time traveling.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I would create a religion that is based around my message to the future. The followers would then be in charge of keeping the message understood and pass it throughout the centuries.

This also works with the 'challenged reversed'. In the past start a religion that others will follow with a message for today.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just screw with the I.R.S on both ends of the spectrum and attatch a memo to your tax file,the Government will do the rest.They never forget and always remember.

Money talks so you would need to find a way to ride its wave.Investing in data is what the richest Humans do eventually,so an Eductional System which could remain a non-biased Institution through many Cultural changes would be the best bet,finding and riding that type of wave would possibly do the trick.Sounds like the Masons to me.
edit on 17-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DietJoke

S&F!

Message to the future ...

1] I'd have a box trap with a hole so that when they put their hand inside, to get the fake message, it cuts it off with some guillotine mechanism!

2] That would tell them " Do Not put your hand in this box again!
".

And then they would know who all the slow learners were, as they would be missing a hand. Honestly I have no idea. I am a bit confused. Are we talking about electronically sending a message into the future? Or are we talking about leaving a physical message here on earth to be found in the future? Maybe we shouldn't send them any messages. I imagine that everyone is just sitting there, in the future, plotting. They are waiting to come back in time and make their move on us. We shouldn't give them any more intel.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I'm not so sure, but I will answer your questions as though time really did exist:
  1. How far in the future? Tectonic action will eventually swallow up and regurgitate all that is now on the surface of the Earth, so you can't make something and leave it lying about, or even bury it. A better answer would be to manufacture a very big, very durable container — about the size of a small asteroid — put your message inside, and launch the container into a long cometary orbit round the Sun. The selected orbit would intersect that of Earth once every few hundreds, thousands or millions of years (depending on far in the future you wanted to send your message). The orbit would have to be carefully calculated to avoid all known obstacles (including, of course, Earth itself). Of course, the chance of the container being obliterated by a collision with some unknown object cannot be eliminated. Over a long space of time it would probably be quite high.

2. Information is the only thing that we can expect to survive over the very long term. So: a short primer on mathematics, physics, biology, medicine and world history — a kind of starter kit for civilization, in case our descendants have lost theirs and need to begin again. With data storage what it is today, we could probably pass on the sum total of human knowledge. That would be okay, so long is we didn't infect them with our superstitions, our politics or our philosophy in the process.

The problem would be to encode all this data in a form that is at once compact and easy to decode and read. Making sure of that would probably limit the amount of data you could preserve.

3. Again, depends on how far in the past. Anything earlier than the K-T Event would be unlikely to survive unless, like the message to the future, you launched it into space on a finely-calculated orbit. If you're not going back that far in time, then a design like TMA-1, built-in solar-powered alarm and all, would probably do the trick. Bury it in a suitable glacier. Sunlight would trigger the alarm when the glacier melts.

4. Information that would settle controversial questions regarding past events. Could Homo erectus talk? How did the Neanderthals lose the competition with Homo sapiens? Was there ever an Atlantis? Did the Trojan War ever really happen? When did the Buddha really live? Did Jesus exist? Were Lord Nelson's last words really 'kiss me, Hardy'?

Another kind of information that would be tremendously valuable would be the content of lost literary works — and for that matter, lost records of all kinds. The Roman police records for Jerusalem in 29AD or thereabouts would make interesting reading. So would all the different versions of the Qu'ran from which Abu Bakr assembled the current, supposedly definitive version. The account-books of the Templars, the formula for Greek fire, a prayer-book or such-like revealing the nature of the mysteries at Eleusis — these are things that would have enormous value to someone who could find and record them.

Finally, photographs of lost works of art, and even of daily life in the past, would have value. You would, of course, preserve them as digital files. What did the Venus de Milo look like with her arms? What was the view like at Rhodes harbour as you sailed in between the legs of the Colossus? How were the Pyramids decorated before the tomb-robbers got to them? What kind of spectacle did Darius's three-million-strong army look like as it crossed the Bosporus on a bridge of boats? What did the ruined temple-cities of Cambodia, Burma and Sri Lanka look like in their prime, and what kind of clothes did their inhabitants wear? How beautiful, really, was the concubine Xishi, whose master enriched a kingdom by charging men money simply to look at her?

5. Already answered. In space, or in a glacier.

Interesting speculative thread. Starred and flagged, of course.

edit on 17/5/14 by Astyanax because: earlier, the first line might have misled people regarding the content of the post.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

I would create a religion that is based around my message to the future. The followers would then be in charge of keeping the message understood and pass it throughout the centuries.

I guarantee you your message will be distorted, turned right round or falsified within a generation. Two at most.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I agree the message would be twisted and manipulated treated as a tool to control people.

Imagine this message to the future from the past,Humanity is nearly wiped out,the few survivors and I mean less than a million globally,lose cultural integrity and education,over the 1st 100 years post-event people are hard pressed to survive and many more are lost as Humans seek each other out and form one central community.All remnants of pre-event culture that remain are now together and the first thing they do is record the exact truths of what Humanity went through and how they did it and then how we can prevent ourselves from being caught the way they were how we need to behave and treat each other to survive,how co-operation and appreciation for every single human life is paramount,this message would be the one true story of Humanity and would CATALYSE in this place.Over time the communitty splits in 4 directions all taking the one true History with them,over time and distance just as you say each version of the one true History of Humanity is slowly altered and changed to fit whomever was in Control of education and knowledge,as 2000+ years pass these one true Historys which have all been altered and changed have become RELIGONS with billions of followers between them all and new splinter groups now exist.After say 3594 years have passed these different RELIGONS will have warred on each other for a very very long time and would have absolutely directed Humanity into a path of internal conflict,each Religon fighting to the death to preserve what they all worship as the one true History they do not all understand that each of them shares the passion for preserving their own one true Historys to the death BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL ONE TRUE STORY WAS SO IMPORTANT THAT HUMANITY COMMITTED TO PRESERVING IT ABOVE AND BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE.

This one true History created post-event was created out of pure truth and fact,no lies,no misdirections,no manipulations.it was complete.

What if the reality was that the same ONE TRUE HISTORY still remained within ALL of the 4 main Groups preserved doctrines as well as within ALL of the splinter groups that developed over time .

What if thiere were a way to illustrate this commonality amongst all of the now conflicting Groups?What if the real one true history is HIDDEN within all of these storys and has been preserved perfectly over the entirity of this cycle of Humanity and is the ONLY single thing with this type of longevity?

Well that wold be one heck of a way to send a message to the future huh?I mean it isnt like you are ever going to erase Religons from Humanitys existance,the message would endure for as long as Humanity does.Because all the stories have a common origin it is possible to reverse-extrapolate them all right back to that exact original one true History format,the correct pieces of the puzzle still exist within the storys we all share,and when they are all brought together by the right people the ONE TRUE HISTORY OF HUMANITY will be revealed.

This is how the Past the present and the Future CAN all be accurately recorded in our storys.Our history as a Species is structured in a series of complete circles stacked one on top of the other it is not structured as one long linear line as we have been encouraged to believe.

Each cycle of Humanitys survival on Earth is contained within one complete cycle of the Earths natural and repeating heartbeat,our entire HISTORY is recorded with a specific beginning post-cycle when we are nearly extinct and ending pre-cycle when we are at a population APEX.

We may read the History of any one single cycle or COMPLETE CIRCLE of Humanity from any given Cycle and it will be identical,the dynamic will re-create itself in a Natural sequence,Humans always act the same ways it is who we are.This is how the ONE TRUE HISTORY OF HUMANITY is passed on through many many Cycles and many many hundreds of thousands of years.This is why archeology is not accurate ,because it seeks to record a LINEAR Human History when no such thing exists,and it REFUSES to endorse what every tangible evidence points to which is the cyclical and complete nature of Humanitys existance during each Cycle.

Properly planned one could definately pass a message on for the duration of a SPECIES existance if needed.You may burn the Books,destroy Alexandria,Shut down the internet,thrust Humanity into the depths of Darkness but you will never take away the ONE TRUE HISTORY we all have ingrained into us as a Species.It has never worked and it will never work.We are SURVIVORS.In every sense of the word.

edit on 18-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2014 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

join