It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Setting Up Emergency Shelter in Texas as Youths Cross Border Alone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

A lovely sentiment, but over the years our own homeless and hungry have grown. Where do they go to get help?
This is in no way the USA it once was. Millions are un-employed and falling through the cracks, struggling and suffering every day.

For someone to risk the life of their child or risk for that child to be raped and send them off on their own or whatever, I could never do that. If we can't take care of our own, how can we be expected to take care of foreigners as well??
A lovely sentiment, but over the years our own homeless and hungry have grown. Where do they go to get help?
This is in no way the USA it once was. Millions are un-employed and falling through the cracks, struggling and suffering every day.

For someone to risk the life of their child or risk for that child to be raped and send them off on their own or whatever, I could never do that. If we can't take care of our own, how can we be expected to take care of foreigners as well??

edit on 18-5-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

This won't post my comment.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: buster2010

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

This won't post my comment.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Site is going wonky, this won't post what I want it to!!!

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
What kind of parents would do this to there children, before you say the kind that want a better life for there children then I ask what kind of parents would sacrifice there children in hopes of a better life for them ? Has it come to the point that possible death is better then where they come from.

How bad does it have to be in a country for parents to do this to there children ?

I wonder how many of you that think this is great are willing to take a couple of these kids in, and if not what happens to them , are they turned out into the streets like all the illegal adults after six months of detention !

This is very sad and all a lot of you can do is play the blame game...shows who you really are.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Battleline
I can't speak as a parent personally. I can speak as an uncle, and a legal guardian to my two nieces. I had to let them go because my deteriorating health and mental health. I did not want to do it, but I felt it was better for them. I did it with a heavy heart, but also I did not send them to cross some border and desert on their own. I would never, ever do that. I cannot even imagine what it would take to resort to that. It seems heartless as hell to me.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

I'm sorry for your lose, something's can not be avoided when bad health enters into one's life, and yes what they are doing for what ever the reason is as you say, heartless as hell !!

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I am so very sorry that you can no longer care for your nieces, but you did the right thing and I'm sure that they know that. But for someone to send a child alone across a border knowing they could die or be raped or whatever, that is another story entirely. Like you, I could never do that. I couldn't live with myself knowing they died because of me or were raped or beaten or something horrible happened to them.

We must stand up for quality of life here and in other Countries. Each Country should care for their own.

Many people ignore the fact that yes, right here in the USA we have poor and hungry children too.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: theantediluvian
There are entrance quotas set up for a very good reason. Too many people coming in, most without any kind of working skills, can seriously effect the economics of the country and be detrimental.

Because it's so easy for someone "without any kind of working skills" to get a job?

What is the "detrimental" impact in those scenarios? Someone's lawn get's cut?

Hell... Georgia briefly tried to crack down on illegal immigrants at the state level a few years ago and they had a crisis of farmers crops rotting in the fields. Georgia's right wing lawmakers now STFU on the local issue.

I am a fan of free-market-capitalist driven labor. If immigrants are willing to risk their life and potential imprisonment to make below the minimum wage doing jobs that no one else in this country are willing to do, then I am going to focus my attention on more important issues.

Just the right wing pushing the Xenophobia button amongst their base...

They can rile up their base, but as always they "alienate" a good chunk of "legal" Hispanic voters once all the hateful rhetoric gets rolling.

Right now our agricultural sector, which isn't doing too great to begin with, DEPENDS on illegal immigrants..

And thanks to the GOP using the issue for political purposes, they have painted themselves into a corner where immigration can't be reformed to recognize that reality with Agricultural, Migrant worker Visas.

So it comes down to berating very hard working folks whilst hurting agriculture....so GOP Lawmakers can get finance their political campaigns.
edit on 19-5-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

It doesn't take millions of illegals to do farm work, and many have moved on to construction, factories, roofing and many other areas of the workforce. There are even those who may get licensed as doctors and lawyers.

kvpr.org...
edit on 19-5-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

When you just open the flood gates and claim phony numbers.

Every young person in Latin America is coming to try for a better life.

I blame my Country for sending the signal to "Come On, It's wide open"

You mean this one?

Except that does in any way represent "Come in over the border illegally".

You have twisted what it is in some Progressive BS pitch.

And there has been very very very little stated against people coming here the LEGAL and LAWFUL method.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

That was a poem that was read during the opening of the Statue of Liberty.

Still don't see where it states to cross over illegally, break laws doing so and then work illegally.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I was going to post my argument on illegal immigration but then I thought to myself, why bother? Cause you know what the U.S. has become? Its not the "Land Of The Free" anymore its the Land Of The Free For All. Its has become, not breaking the law until you get caught because of advocates for immigrants. It's become a giant vagina of a whore open for free service. Where tax payers dollars are raped by immigrants free education, homes, food and medical expenses. U.S. is pathetic, its so pathetic that we owe a dept to china!? I am surprised it hasn't become anarchy yet but I guess its only a matter of time till all these useless debates and words are realized as irrelevant.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Cloak1

You're just wrong...

America will rebound back to her former glory.

If I was young it would seem pretty hopeless.

But, I remember Jimmy Carter. Same thing...Good Man, horrible leader.

We need a leader. When we finally get one you will see.

Politics is cyclical...Soon new less experienced criminals will be elected

When the American People have finally had enough. We will unite.

edit on 19-5-2014 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
a reply to: xuenchen

When you just open the flood gates and claim phony numbers.

Every young person in Latin America is coming to try for a better life.

I blame my Country for sending the signal to "Come On, It's wide open".

I am sickened by this. NONE of their ancestors died for America. My ancestors did NOT die for THEM, as their mere presence here HARMS me and my family in MULTIPLE ways.

with all the immigrants here and still flooding in, I dont want to live in America with them.

Let the country break apart, IDC.. Better than sharing MY nation with MOOCHING FREELOADERS!

Can all Anglo/Saxon-Celtic-Nordic people just have ONE place that isnt over ran with third worlders?

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HanzHenry
Perhaps you should have thought of that before you started exploiting third worlder's resources back in the day
Blowback is a bitch. A good chunk of the turmoil in the world is due to anglosaxon-celtic-nordic people creating empires all over

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

i didn't exploit a darn thing. My kin have been struggling to keep half a head above water for hundreds of years. STRUGGLE like you wouldn't believe. Going to bed hungry 6 nights a week with no dinner. Working in coal mines at age 12. Going to work at 14 to help make ends meet. I am talking about PURE poverty in the Appalachian way. very tough life.

And, as soon as our people finally take half a step forward, the rug is pulled from beneath us. Now, should we have to compete for jobs against those that have PAID NOTHING? Should OUR tax dollars go to feed/clothes/house foreign invaders?
Why should our rent be increased do to supply/demand for cheap housing.

These foreign invaders are sucking the last life out of our peoples' finances. Lower pay, higher rent, higher food prices, higher taxes, worse schools, ran down hospitals, crowded public parks,etc.

Call me racist if you want I do NOT care about that label.
Immigration never worked out very well for the people that were already there, NEVER in HISTORY.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
Perhaps you should have thought of that before you started exploiting third worlder's resources back in the day
Blowback is a bitch. A good chunk of the turmoil in the world is due to anglosaxon-celtic-nordic people creating empires all over

If that IS the case, then what needs to happen is a return to Viking days. If the third worlders want a resource war we should give it to them.

I would rather be a full on rampaging Viking than allow them to take from me and my people. I dont think we should have their culture rammed down our throats. 25 years ago Southern California was a very nice place and had been for decades, now it is looking more and more like some third world slum. It is the people that are causing it, they are importing their culture. I HATE it.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   

While I will agree with your sentiment -

One has to look at "who" is allowing this to happen. I believe it is the "elite" who want a third world NWO north american union - the canadians are feeling this too.

I am 50 years old - when I was a teenager - teenagers worked at fast food places, were happy for summer work in the fields, did "lawn care" for dollars -

Look at what has changed in the last 30 years.

When did someone think that working at Mc donals was a "career"?

Low wages, gov't supplements, and communist healthcare -

Third world nation.

And the US gov't has caused this crap on purpose. To destroy the middle class, and education. and industry - so we are reliant on other (even worse slavery) of the other fourth world nations ------

Does a 6 year old sew together your $250.00 tennis shoes in Indonesia? Africa? China? India?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
You want the middle class back? Well they just showed up, and half of you want them to leave.

The one thing I know for certain, is that the only thing truly worth fighting for... is innocence. If we can not take care of these kids - and I don't care how many cross that border. If we can not find a way to take care of them, then we as a country have fallen.

What a messed up world we live in when we see a big group of kids all on their own and think "make them go away!"

These kids have worked harder, and been through more hell in their young lives than most of us ever will. That being said, as a country we should open our arms to any hardworking person. They would make us better. Stronger.

The government needs to bring back the middle class??!! Assess their priorities. Middle class does not profit them. They sit in their secluded places and make deals lining their pockets while burning ours. It is primarily the politicians who own the factories and moved them out of this country into another so they could make more money for themselves. Yet people keep thinking they are going to pass a bill that would make them bring the factories back, and the middle class along with it. They are not going to be their own bad guys.

Want the middle class back? Going to have to do that yourselves. Want to know how? Ask the ones that just showed up. They know what it takes and are willing to take the risks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join