It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Setting Up Emergency Shelter in Texas as Youths Cross Border Alone

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

And, along with your statement - Who in poverty Mexico, South and Central America - has money to make sure their 11 year-old walks through the gates of Hades - which is wandering through Mexico alone - and showing up un-dead?

There is something to this.

And the CIA does traffic children for sex - and so does the pope of the vatican, frances.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Happy1

Happy, well that's just sad.
Different world, different times perhaps? Some things never change....but yet one thing seems to remain the same and that America seems to be the place where "Dreams Can come True" I guess time will tell, or not.

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: xuenchen

non enforcement of what? Obama has deported more illegals than any other president in history???

Obama has deported zero...... His positive illegal alien rhetoric and inability over the last 6 years to lift a finger about this issue has put out the message to the masses to come to America while he is president. This has created the huge wave and the higher deportation rate, but the numbers that are here are growing faster too, so your spin is rather weak to sat the least in defending Obama.
edit on 18-5-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

I'm very happy that children are arriving alive - and, hopefully, are going to be taken care of in the USA.

I'm just pointing out the reality of people, who obviously have some kind of money, or status - to be able to get their young children through the maze without being tortured, killed, raped.... or something else.

We need to fix problems, not argue about the symptoms.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba
Wonder if I would have the guts to send my child to another country without me? I know my grandmother was sent to the US from Germany back in WWII all of sixteen years old and arrived here alone...there must be a reason. Apparently, for some those reasons still exist today. Legal or not, what would any of us do for our child to offer them something better?

They have a different view of their kids. When it is common to see a few die and then have no way to feed them they just put them on the streets, they do not have the same love that what you might have for yours. Take Brazil, up to 8 million Street children, 32 million that live in poverty of less than 40 dollars a month shows the problems of just one country that is considered one the better ones.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That is just crazy sad....I just took my daughter shopping yesterday and spent 125.00 on her for a dance. One dance for one day. Hopefully I have instilled in her some values and appreciation for what she has, rather than what she perceives she doesn't "have." I've always tried to impress on my kids that simply by their geographical location of their birth they are lucky.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I hear you, and am sad -

Every week I end up throwing out "leftover" food - and think how many people don't have enything - and also clean water -

This can't last forever ---

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

When you just open the flood gates and claim phony numbers.

Every young person in Latin America is coming to try for a better life.

I blame my Country for sending the signal to "Come On, It's wide open"

You mean this one?

How on Earth did that post get sooo many stars???

Is ATS really failing??

Are you aware of where the statue of liberty came from?

What it means?

What about all of the people that gave that BS post stars?.. anyone?...

I beg for the future (and intelligence) of my fellow Americans, that is all.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

CNN

North Korean Refugees are constantly trying to escape into China.
And they are constantly sent back ... usually to prison camps and death.
China does't throw wide open it's doors to illegals.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
That's demonstrably untrue.

Nope. You posted a dramatic picture of the Statue of Liberty. And another poster posted the language on the statue about 'give me your huddled masses ....' I asked for something simple ... show me where it says on the Statue of Liberty that we are supposed to throw wide open our doors and allow ILLEGALS into this country. Answer .. you can't. It's not there. No where on that dramatic picture or in those dramatic words does it say that we should destroy the USA by allowing unregulated numbers of immigrants in. And that's what would happen .... it would economically destroy this country and we'd be a cesspool of crime and hunger and overcrowding ...

The laws regulating the number of people coming in are there for a good reason. Economics 101.

edit on 5/18/2014 by FlyersFan because: spacing

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
While I'm in agreement that legal immigration is supposed to be upheld, and should be, I can't help but remember something very important.

We effed up these countries. We shoved our noses in their politics and created these hellholes. It's a catch 22, because if we try to fix what we broke, we'll be reviled further and hello backlash. If we don't, we're evil bastards for creating hell on Earth down there & watching it burn. We really can't win. The best we can do, I believe, is to take these kids on a one-by-one basis, and evaluate their situations. If someone sent their kids across the border to avoid death by Zetas, for example, by all means, I say they should stay.

I dunno. We are responsible for getting the downhill ball rolling at breakneck speed, but rectifying what we did in any meaningful manner is more than just difficult.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is nothing on that Statue of Liberty saying that people can come in illegally. There are entrance quotas set up for a very good reason. Too many people coming in, most without any kind of working skills, can seriously effect the economics of the country and be detrimental. If people follow the immigration laws, they are welcome to come in.

There is nothing on the statue that says you have to have a visa either. This is what it says.

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breath free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.

I see nothing about laws but it sure sounds like a invitation that says come on in.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
We should set up a big prison along the border and anyone who illegally tries to pass goes directly to that prison for 6 months and breaks rocks for 16 hours a day 7 days a week. I bet it would stop then. Instead, we have people welcoming them with cold water and whatever else---just pandering to them. Man, America is so broken. Too many mentally ill people in control. Also, we need to charge the Mexican gov for every illegal we detain. They pay all costs or we invade.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Happy1
You throw away leftovers? Damn you must be rich
Leftovers are great for making stir fry or soup.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There shouldn't even be an issue here, the US border should be completely impermeable. It should be treated with the same level of security as Area 51. Any processing HQ or refugee camp should be on the other damn side. Bleeding heart liberals.. How bout we take care of our own damn kids first?

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

It's NOT an open invitation to have hordes of people come in illegally and destroy the country. That's what happens when too many people immigrate and they suck off the economy. economics 101 It would be ABSURD for the country to commit suicide, and that's what it would be.

Sure, the tired and poor who yearn to breathe free can come here .... if they follow the law. And the law has numbers caps on it so that the country can still function. Common sense.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dianec

Really???? You seriously have no idea dude. One ATS member happened to be from Mexico and actually confirmed the CIA was alive and well making trouble with the drug cartels. Also the Fast and Furious Fiasco. With the CIA and many federal agencies involved with illegal arms dealing with the cartels it is very much possible they are involved with human trafficking.

So while yes unrestricted immigration is bad you have tackle down the root cause.
edit on 18-5-2014 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: guohua

CNN

North Korean Refugees are constantly trying to escape into China.
And they are constantly sent back ... usually to prison camps and death.
China does't throw wide open it's doors to illegals.

You're Absolutely Correct, China sends back all illegals.
All China ask of you is that you Respect their Laws as many other Countries do the same thing.

All I ask of any immigrant to America is for them to Respect the Law like I did.
All I ask of America is Enforce The Laws we Have, and return these people to their Home Countries, it is their responsibility to make their Home Land a Better Place To leave, Not Our's and if that is not Possible, then apply for a passport from your own Government and get a visitors visa for America and find a job and get your Employer to get you a work Visa or apply for asylum due to Hardships or fear of death like Obama's Half Sister.

edit on 18-5-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire I'm all for immigration reform as long as any law that is passed states you loose the right to vote for breaking our laws. That and the borders are completely shut down and the border patrol and deportation are enforced accordingly. Why have laws if we don't abide by them? We get to enforce laws as we pick and choose. Basically laws based on nothing. No discipline no responsibility. How many laws are being broken everyday by people who aren't here legally? We cant keep taking everybody in.At some point it has to stop so we can access the situation. Otherwise it is always going to be a quagmire.

edit on 18-5-2014 by Tarzan the apeman. because: yeah, so there

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

This probably another propaganda in the agenda for the pushing of amnesty, while people complain about illegal adults and their progeny once they cross the border, people also tend to warm up at the picture of children in rags, hungry, more often than not malnourished and let me add the "abused" word in tags.

But what people are forgetting is that while an adult illegal immigrant have to depend on others in order to get a job and get settle down under the immigration radar, children are taken under the wing of the Federal government many agencies, paid by the tax payers as usual.

I guess stage two is now officially in full force.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join