It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nessie's Cousin (?) Caught on Camera in Ireland

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
originally posted by: DeadSeraph
a reply to: sled735

What do you think it is?

I have no idea.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The original copy of this video has a rather interesting comment about the creature:

Tried unsuccessfully BTW to find a link to the interview he mentioned...

EDIT: I think this might be it, not sure though:

The uploader of the first video above has his own YouTube channel here:

Was shooting in Lough Foyle when this thing went past us. It was massive. Really don't know what it was. There have been whales in the Lough before so maybe that's what it was but Matthew was closer than we were and says it was no whale. Looks like we have our own Loch Ness Monster?! Any experts out there ? We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it. Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

edit on 18-5-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Ah. So it's Satan. Let me guess... Anyone who doesn't believe this, is going to burn in hell for eternity. Times like these I really miss the eye rolling smiley.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

For some people anything they don't understand or can't explain is Satan

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I call Shenanigans! They are drawing attention to the film they are out there making perhaps?

We're still filming so if it shows up again we'll do our best to get a better shot of it. Our film's called 'Fishing with David Lynch', which was why I was wearing the suit (a David Lynch costume.)

edit on 18-5-2014 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Probably nothing more than a Minke whale which are quite common.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Fake. The sudden jerk motions this guy makes is ridiculous. If anything its probably a whale.

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a link that discusses some of the inconsistencies with the video, such as a cable, and third boat and the discrepancies in actual location.

To me, it looks as though this "thing" is being pushed by a small water jet or prop. But what do I know?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 18 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Pretty sure this was confirmed as being a viral video project.

Can't remember the details but it was definitely a hoax.

posted on May, 19 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

originally posted by: grubblesnert

Conall Melarkey?

Think about the name.

Well if you think it's fake I'd certainly like to know how you feel they did it. It's NOT CGI, as I can usually spot CGI a mile away since I work with the software quite frequently.

I think there is a perfectly reasonable explanation since the body of water they were filming in is directly connected to the Atlantic Ocean. It could very well be a whale.

it very much is CGI brother. you can completely see the tracking irregularities in it if you watch the background the wave patterns and the camera moves. they did a pretty great job for how complex of a shot it is but theres still a ton of irregularities.

just try to zoom out almost like you looking at one of those weird cross your eyes posters. try to concentrate on the whole thing at once. you can feel the "monster move slightly with the camera a couple of times. like it doesn't hold it spot just right.

just for reference this movie was about 90% cgi

i got a magazine that has an article by the director of life of pi and he says over and over that computing speeds finally have reached the point that they can fool the eye. they can digitally manipulate enough pixels that have been rendered through enough filters and algorithms to make all the movement and colors and everything seem real.

its absolutely amazing what can be done in CGI any more. I'm SHOCKED in hollywood movies when i see a very clear example of CGI. my guess is with budget and timeline constraints they have to make decisions on things sometime as to how long they can spend tweaking things.

i got a little list of "threads to post" and right near the top is a thread about truly professionally done impeccable CGI being so good that we need to be careful about what we get juiced up over in the news. it won't be long that something will come along completely CGI that justifies drastic actions. its a very scary thought to me.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735 fake, they do not react like a person would if they saw something they could not explain. i was on a fishing boat and we saw a whale go by and people were pointing and telling their friends to look ; very excited

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jed001

I agree! I think I would be grabbing the oars and getting the heck out of Dodge!!!

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
This is what a man looks like just after he sees a so called sea monster/ Satan?

I guess the Irish have more of a sense of amazement horror than I

edit on 24-5-2014 by mysteryskeptic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join