It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival After the Rapture!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

Seems like the Waters of the Earth are a main target, here.
That may be a allusion to the constant search for potable water for the Israelite encampment in the Wilderness in the story of Exodus, where you start with bad water for the Egyptians, then God giving water miraculously from the rock.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60That may be a allusion to the constant search for potable water for the Israelite encampment in the Wilderness in the story of Exodus, where you start with bad water for the Egyptians, then God giving water miraculously from the rock.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

You could certainly be correct - How could I know?
My question, though, focused a little more intently on 'how could all the named kings get their fighting armies to Armageddon with no (or scarce sources of) potable water.
Maybe the items in the OP were not necessarily 'chronological'...?

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WanDash

'how could all the named kings get their fighting armies to Armageddon with no (or scarce sources of) potable water.
I think those practical niceties are ignored by the writer for the sake of its metaphorical value.
I think you could look at the Book of Daniel for the model of that part, where the invading Persian army is able to divert the river to gain access to Babylon to conquer it.
In Revelation, God diverts the River Euphrates to allow those "Kings" to cross over to invade.
The historical context was the ongoing war of empires between the Romans and the Parthians.
There was a constant fear or hope, depending on your point of view, that the Parthians would gain support to mount a massive invasion of Roman held territory to bring its downfall.

posted on May, 20 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60...The historical context was the ongoing war of empires between the Romans and the Parthians.
There was a constant fear or hope, depending on your point of view, that the Parthians would gain support to mount a massive invasion of Roman held territory to bring its downfall.

Thanks for the context & history.
So - there isn't much difference between then...and now.
Everyone looking for liberation from their current oppressor/s...and looking upon each bit of news as "This Is It!".

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I like a reverse rapture. Get rid of all of the killers,rapists,schemers and thieves.
Then there is no need to set the planet on fire. Kinder for the animals too, don't you think?

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60
]Rex282
The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil . . .

Jim please refrain from quoting partial statements .... I said ....

"The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil, it is a war between the ears of man in their religious carnal mind."

It is dishonest of you to quote a part of a full sentence statement.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Rex282

There is a link that is highlighted in the post that if you click on it, it shows your entire post.
It's not like I am being deceptive.
I quote the part I am responding to.
Quoting entire posts when responding to only one small section, to me is really retarded.

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

a reply to: Rex282

There is a link that is highlighted in the post that if you click on it, it shows your entire post.
It's not like I am being deceptive.
I quote the part I am responding to.
Quoting entire posts when responding to only one small section, to me is really retarded.

It doesn't matter Jim.You chopped up a statement that I made that was a sentence that is out of context.Please do not respond to anything I write unless you can be honest.
edit on 21-5-2014 by Rex282 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The 'rapture' is nonbiblical and easily disproven using scripture.
So I wouldn't worry about survival after a pretrib rapture.
There won't be one.
Make no mistake, The Rapture will happen as Jesus Himself Spoke of this event

posted on May, 21 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Make no mistake, The Rapture will happen as Jesus Himself Spoke of this event
Do you mean Matthew 24?
Someone mentioned that earlier but I couldn't find what he was referring to in the earlier posts.
verse 13 says,
And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.
(2011 NIV)
I would say that when he said that, there wasn't an "elect".
So who were the elect to be gathered, then?
I think it is the creation of an elect, as a group, so a metaphorical "gathering".
Out of the "whole world" where the gospel was preached, there would be those who believed.
"The elect" then in this sense is the people who God foresaw taking advantage of the salvation offered by Jesus through his coming to earth and suffering and dying, while it was being planned ahead of time in heaven.
So rather than a Rapture, I see it as the creation of the church, filling in the void left by the destruction of the Jerusalem temple.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: canucks555
Why do we have to stock up on "herbal medicines"?

A tried and true bottle of Tylenol is UnGodly?

You ask me why we should stock up on herbal medicne. My answer to that is chaos will be Inevitable , if you accept the mark on your right hand or forehead you can freely go to a doctor and get medical help. Those who refuse to accept this mark to save their soul will not be allowed to buy, sell, or seek medical care without this mark. Fish antibiotics can be purchase in any form you with like penicillin, etc,. You can also take dog antibiotics, and pain medication. There is no difference but you need to know how much to take. Figure a dog weighs 40 pounds and go from there to adjust the dosage. During this tribulation period we will see things we have never dealt with before. Our country and the EU have had many life altering transitions throughout history but this one is the final transformation where Satan has total control over all. God is not here during this time but people can still save their soul; although much tougher than prior to the Rapture.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
I like a reverse rapture. Get rid of all of the killers,rapists,schemers and thieves.

Then there is no need to set the planet on fire. Kinder for the animals too, don't you think?

A reverse rapture? That would be nice if all those evil ones left and all the good ones could stay but that is not God's plan. Satan will be loosed from his cage during this time. He will be very deceptive and trick most in to thinking he is actually God. God is sparing his people in advance. All children will be taken regardless of their religion.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I don't think that, the mark is anything as blatant as a mark on the forehead or on the hand.
a reply to: wonderworld

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: wonderworld People really believe that one day they are going to overcome gravity and get floated up to space?/heaven? Really? Nothing like this has ever happened. Even the bible does not get silly like this except in few rare scriptures.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Hi, I didnt intentionally leave things out. I just added one source of information. Those who already know the Bible know or can find the answers. I suppose I put this up for non-believes as a small guide to get them started. Those of interest would do further research I hope.

Some have never heard of the rapture, many atheists will be believers when it happens, and so on.

Yes I was referring to both the Old and New Testaments.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
a reply to: wonderworld People really believe that one day they are going to overcome gravity and get floated up to space?/heaven? Really? Nothing like this has ever happened. Even the bible does not get silly like this except in few rare scriptures.

Yes actually but it's not about gravity, the dead rise first, those buried or cremated, then living beings. Two will be in a corn field and one will be left behind. All children will be taken, those that go will be gone in the blink on an eye. Can you imagine the Chaos when that happens. Would you then believe? Airplane pilots, bus drivers, auto drivers. It would cause massive panic around the globe. This way Satan came come forth and pretent to solve the worlds problems. He is the Anti-Christ. He will be liked at first. He will demand everyone left down here to get an ID or mark on their right hand or forehead. It may appear to cause social stability after the chaos. Dont take this mark it is eternal damnation if you do. All your banking, medical, social security number, drivers license, passport, and all other information including credits or currency will be added to your chip or mark to make financial transactions. You will probably just run your hand over the scanner at the store to buy things. You will be similar to a bar code. This is not fantasy land. This will happen one day.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nochzwei
I don't think that, the mark is anything as blatant as a mark on the forehead or on the hand.

Well yes, infact it is as blatent as a mark on the right hand or forehead. Maybe some people are missing their hands. It wont be anywhere else on your body but those 2 locations I mentioned. There is no doubt about that. They cant sneak it on to you or get it from any flu shot. It will be a Conscious decision you will make of free will. Please dont take it, as good as it may sound at the time, those who do will endure the worst types of torment in the end, before the 7 year tribulation period ends. No one will survive. The earth at this time will not be suitable for life to exist, until it is renewed for those who belong.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rex282

]Rex282

The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil . . .

Jim please refrain from quoting partial statements .... I said ....

"The battle of Armageddon is not between God and the saints and Satan and the evil, it is a war between the ears of man in their religious carnal mind."

Sorry to but in here but it sounded funny that God would be at war with the saints.
Did he really think that. There will be a Holy way in the Heavens Angels VS Demons, as well as the Holy war here on Earth. At times it seems like both have already began.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Hi, I didnt intentionally leave things out.
I wasn't talking about you (sorry if I wasn't clear).
When I said "the writer", I meant the writer of the Book of Revelation.
Someone was asking about the practical problems of an invading army.
I was saying there aren't any if it is meant to be metaphorical.

According to how I try to tie it in with the history of ancient Babylon as told in the Book of Daniel, the invading army represents a punishment for forgetting God.
I think it further reinforces the hints in Revelation that the Beast is Rome and its empire, and the religion (the Roman pantheon) that it was pushing on everyone under their dominion.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No one will survive.

Yet the title of your thread and a few statements show how confused you are.

Believer like to talk a lot about deception and point out how others (non believers will or are being deceived).

Could they be doing so because their faith isn't as strong as they like to admit, they fear that they are being deceived and then come here to ATS to inform us how others are being deceived?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join